Action Bar / Speed System

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Antimatzist

Re: Action Bar / Speed System

Post by Antimatzist »

First, about “turn”: In an action bar system, “turn” is equal to “action” or “point of execution”. It is always relative. The opposite of an action bar system is a so-called turn-based system, that’s why using “turn” in an action bar system is a little confusing. So let’s either use an alternative like “action” or “p.o.e.”, or use “turn” while keeping in mind that it is Spd-based.
But then how are turns accounte dfor in Rank determination? #turns is a factor in that claculation. But that's a question for another time...

I can't find a pattern in the data, sorry. Maybe several factors must be considered, and I doubt one could see that. Especially if it's maybe rising with a logarithmic scale. X "only" increases by ~30 points between the beginning of the game and near the end, while your speed stat rises by what, 50, 60, 70 points? I don't know.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Antimatzist wrote:But then how are turns accounte dfor in Rank determination? #turns is a factor in that claculation. But that's a question for another time...
That’s a good question. I guess it either counts the actions of your party members only, or the actions of both enemies and party members. Actually the latter makes more sense.
Example for the first case: <60 moves then S-rank criteria met. Only your party member actions/turns count. It doesn’t matter if you kill all (but one) enemies very early or if you kill everything between moves 62 and 69. Using fast or slow characters wouldn’t make any difference. Using actions with huge speed delay wouldn't matter.
Example for the latter case: <150 moves then S-rank criteria met. Enemy actions count too, so you should kill as many enemies as soon as possible. Thus, using fast characters is beneficial. And speed delay would be a problem, so you'd have to use your strongest spells wisely.
These are just examples, the numbers would differ from battle to battle anyway. It’s just an idea.
Antimatzist wrote:I can't find a pattern in the data, sorry. Maybe several factors must be considered, and I doubt one could see that. Especially if it's maybe rising with a logarithmic scale. X "only" increases by ~30 points between the beginning of the game and near the end, while your speed stat rises by what, 50, 60, 70 points? I don't know.
Yeah. At least we can say that throughout the game, mod Spd = Spd + a value between 60 and 115. We learned that Spd stats alone do not determine the action bar progress, but instead the relative speed differences are decreased. Better than nothing. Maybe we’ll find a pattern someday.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Turn counts hardly matter in rank determination as demonstrated in my S rank journey

Turn counts matter if the battle has enemy reinforcements. Don't trigger enemy reinforcements too early
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account