The S rank journey

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
gildedtalon

Re: The S rank journey

Post by gildedtalon »

When using Kangacorn, characters with more MOV still travel further than characters with less MOV
I thought Kangacorn makes it so that anyone that rides it covers the same distance
Obel Ruins Floor 1, if there are too many lizards, to heal the sleeping Cedric, use Snowe riding a Kangacorn then switch to Corselia
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Terana Plain is so hard, failed, only got A rank
Did it hehe
Must play very defensive and let the enemies come to you
The reinforcements, I trapped them with Eugene then Dario Nalleo unite haha :mrgreen:
S rank the Mitsuba fight as well
Last edited by gildedtalon on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I need an easy enemy configuration for Xasta Grassland for S rank. I failed to get S rank on Simeon rescue but I did it so perfectly :?
Got it after loading state and everyone staying on elemental terrains for longer periods and summoned those weaklings like Wendel and Gretchen. In the end I made an epic finish, put the enemy into his weak element, put wind behind him and use Kika's strongest Falcon attack, 1017 damage did it haha :lol:

So yeah, Wolkendrache, you said that you performed so perfectly on this Simeon rescue as well, well I think that's the problem, you need to stay on your element longer. I wasted a lot of turns just for everyone to stay on their terrain for 2-3 full turns and got S rank.
Haha I was shocked when I didn't get an S cos I performed so good so this is the problem

Find elemental fragments on Obel Ruins 2F
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I can't decide if I should get Frederica first or Yu?
S rank the Small Border Village, it's just as annoying as Haruna, I have to waste turns. I didn't bring the higher level elemental beads so it's harder than supposed to be :o Should have given Lazlo Cyclone Sword rune just for this fight

You can get three of each mount

Acquiring Tsunouma (Kangacorn):

1. When you first reach Merseto
2. Quest.
3. Lino comes with one.

Acquiring Iwadori (Great Owl):

1, 2. Paula and Jewel ride on them as they join you at the Border Village
3. Another quest
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

gildedtalon wrote:Red Mercenary is my favourite 1H sword user. Isn't Keneth one of the best as well?
I don't like Ameria, Paula, and Jewel. What makes them good?
Extra Move + Godspeed + high speed stat. If these characters get hit, they’ll probably get more damage, but keep in mind that the enemies will have “more turns” if you use slow characters. Using fast characters you can often kill enemies before they get their next turn. Well, if you have a good strategy, you can avoid damage with either party, but a slow party still needs some more turns to finish a level.
gildedtalon wrote:^Did you finish all the quests? and still manage to S rank the final dungeon?
Glad you finally realized the problem of overleveling. As long as you keep it in mind, you should have no problem. Just check the enemy levels of the next S-rank battle and keep your main characters below them. If you forget it, there are still some solutions, but you’ve unnecessarily made your life more difficult, so just take care a bit. That’s why in my guide I often remind the player of it.
gildedtalon wrote:When using Kangacorn, characters with more MOV still travel further than characters with less MOV
I thought Kangacorn makes it so that anyone that rides it covers the same distance
I think Kangacorns simply give +X Mov.
gildedtalon wrote:So yeah, Wolkendrache, you said that you performed so perfectly on this Simeon rescue as well, well I think that's the problem, you need to stay on your element longer. I wasted a lot of turns just for everyone to stay on their terrain for 2-3 full turns and got S rank.
Haha I was shocked when I didn't get an S cos I performed so good so this is the problem
It seems you must end your turn at least X times on your terrain to meet the “terrain condition”. So clearing a level too fast is dangerous. Simply waiting until you meet a condition sounds stupid, but well, rules are rules.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I think the problem is also with Lazlo, like your battle against Martin in Mido Shallows. His Rune of Punishment probably caused some problems like you said
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Got Flowing Chamber and I was right, staying on your terrain for a very long time can boost your rank. Of course make sure no one dies before you decide to do this
I just did it on the fight against the Mercenaries. I would check every turn if I get an S rank or not and I just did after like 5-6 more turns after everyone else is dead :lol:
I trapped the Blue Mercenary with 3 characters who have different elements :mrgreen:

Maybe I should try equipping Champion's Orb if I'm really stuck later :P
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Wonder if I should get Yu first or defeat Martin
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Wolkendrache wrote:Glad you finally realized the problem of overleveling. As long as you keep it in mind, you should have no problem. Just check the enemy levels of the next S-rank battle and keep your main characters below them. If you forget it, there are still some solutions, but you’ve unnecessarily made your life more difficult, so just take care a bit. That’s why in my guide I often remind the player of it.
Impossible to keep the main characters below enemy levels, I need to use those main characters to survive Obel ruins
I just have to rely on the power of 'terrain condition' as you put it :mrgreen:
I use the unkillable and secondary characters all the time except hunting monster outside Obel Ruins
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

S rank Xasta Grassland, got Yu as well, only Roget is left
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Champion's Orb won' help you, it will only raise the level of enemies that aren't fixed (and every story enemy has a fixed level).

If you already did that savestat stuff it would have been great if you had noted how many turns you took, how long you stood on your own terrain etc...
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Antimatzist wrote:If you already did that savestat stuff it would have been great if you had noted how many turns you took, how long you stood on your own terrain etc...
I'll give you my save then you can do it yourself, I'm not good at analyzing data :? Try that method on any battle that you get A rank

How to do Simeon's sidequest? I haven't even got Alger Doll
I'm thinking it's not possible to S rank the whole Obel Ruins, since the story enemies are not so high in level. Maybe I'll do it in New Game+

For Giant Crab Shells, steal from 1F Obel Ruins
Anyone knows why the Alger Doll quest won't show up?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Is it possible to not fight at all on the 5 floors of Obel Ruins and reach the elemental chamber?
Has anyone done it?

S rank Mido Shallows
Last edited by gildedtalon on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's possible to S Rank everything in one, fresh run. I did it. ;) But maybe because you battled too much, it became impossible for you.

Simeon's Quest is triggered at some point, you have to do two quests in Middleport.

Normally, I just "skip" through the first four floors, at least first three. First two are easy (just run through with Cedric in 1, just fly with an Owl in 2). 3 is tricky but with the right use of Cedric one can also easily run through the enemy lines.

Iv is a pain, and you have to fight seriously. And 5 is also a bit of a pain. The best tactics is just too use your overleveled characters because they won't gain not much more EXP. And you can clear Rage and Flowing without going through the ruins again and again, so that helps a bit.