The S rank journey

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Antimatzist

Re: The S rank journey

Post by Antimatzist »

I didn't change my settings and that book thing never happened to me so the problems are completely different.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

gildedtalon wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:
gildedtalon wrote:Ancient Recipe is in 4F? Why is it mentioned in 3F on the quest guild guide?

http://suikosource.com/games/gst/guides/quest.php
i will fix that page in a few days
Still isn't fixed, it's also in a chest, not a dig item
Still not fixed yet :x
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

so gildedtalon, you S ranked every unique battle (story and quest) in 1 playthrough?
i am trying to do that but it feels like it will be tough. while i am playing on emulator, i want to record it and don't want to mess around constantly with save states, but i guess if things get too difficult, i will resort to save-state testing and just edit the video to cut out the tests... :D
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

When I wrote that S-rank quick-guide in the S-rank thread (the one that gildedtalon used for his S-rank journey) I played on console without save-state option. If I could do it, then you can do it too (even without save-state abuse) :) . It's not too difficult, only a handful of battles. The problem about the first battles is that you don't have many options. Just make sure you don't overlevel and use your unite attacks wisely (1 per battle) as they're the key to S-rank in these early battles.

On the other hand some tests about these requirements would be useful too.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

The problem before you get Obel party members is always taking too much damage in battle for me

I should have S ranked every battle but in the end I left the Obel Ruins for new game+. I thought it was already impossible but I was so shocked when I figured out it's so easy to S rank Obel Ruins in reality.
Clear all enemies then switch to underlevelled characters who just keep spreading their elements, check every turn if you got the S rank or not. With so many usable characters, it's almost impossible to not have at least 8 underlevelled characters

I think people will figure out if you're doing save states, we're waiting for a lot of turns doing nothing. I think you should just show them haha :D
Also there's Lalacle for new game+ and that anti-sleep accessory so I don't really regret it in the end
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account