Obel 5.I. configurations

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Obel 5.I. configurations

Post by Wolkendrache »

I think every floor/chamber has 3 configurations, and both Obel 5.I. and Obel 5.II. have 3 configurations each as well.
Obel 5.I.A has a chest on the island close to the beginning containing Dragon Scale Bracers. As for the enemy configuration, it has 3 golems, but 2 of those are located on the same section/island.
I remember the other sets have 3 golems on separate sections, and the chest containing Goblin Overcoat/Cape of Darkness is relatively far away from the beginning. I don't remember whether the enemy configuration for the latter two are the same, with just different chest content, or whether the enemy configuration is different, with just the chest on the same spot. Well, I'm trying to find it out, but...

I'm always landing on configuration 5.I.A, already 6 times in a row, and I've always changed something, like the day of week by either resting or taking a different route, I've also tried to progress in story, but no change. On the other hand, floors 1-4 (which I visited before) change from time to time.

Is Obel 5.I. set in stone either in the beginning of the game, or after your first visit in Obel Ruins (even without entering floor 5)?
Has anyone advanced to 5.I., reset, gone there again and found a different configuration?
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Obel 5.I. configurations

Post by Wolkendrache »

Here are the configurations for Obel 5.I. (the floor filled with water, only at first visit):

5.I.A: The chest is located on an island near the entrance and contains dragon scale bracers (atk +8, def +10, also available somewhere in rare finds iirc). It's the configuration with 2 golems on the southern path and 1 on the western platform.
5.I.B: The chest is located at the end of the southern path and contains the goblin overcoat (def +40, 1-time only chance to get it, best armor of Nalkul and Champo). There is 1 golem on the northern platform, 1 on the western one, and 1 on the southern path.
5.I.C: The chest is on the southwestern end of the T-shaped central island and contains the cape of darkness (def +5, improves dodging, 1-time only chance to get it). There is 1 golem on the northwestern platform, 1 on the western one, and 1 on the southern path. Maybe there are 2 on the western and none to the south, but there is definitely 1 in the northwest.

Well, yes, I finally arrived at configuration B, after getting A 6 times in a row and resetting. This time I beat the first floor, returned to the surface and immediately re-entered the ruins. I don't know if it was just coincidence. In case it wasn't, keep in mind that Obel 1-4 and any monster hunting area seem to alternate by simply resetting. So I really don't know. If you land on an Obel 5.I. configuration you don't like, try out the above strategy and give feedback if it worked or didn't work.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan