problems recruiting lazlo / hero iv with game shark cheat co

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
LarpWarrior

problems recruiting lazlo / hero iv with game shark cheat co

Post by LarpWarrior »

I love suikoden tactics and have played through the game many times but have never been able to recruit lazlo because I don't have any suikoden 4 data to load because I've never played that game and have no desire to. So anyway I bought a game shark and used the lazlo code on a saved game that was at chapter 12 right before you enter the Calderon laboratory but whenever I visit obel there is no option for me to speak to lino in the gossip section which is required to recruit lazlo.
Does anyone have any experience recruiting lazlo with the game shark codes? Do I need to start a new game and use the code from the very beginning or can I just use the code in chapter 12 when lazlo is supposed to be available? Does anyone know why im not able to recruit lazlo?Help!
sticky-runes

Re: problems recruiting lazlo / hero iv with game shark chea

Post by sticky-runes »

It's very stupid that you claim to love Tactics but have no desire to play Suikoden 4.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

If you love Tactical RPGs you don't necessarily need to love the rest of the series, especially considering S4 is the weakest part of it.

Anyway, I've never used a Gameshark, so I don't even know how it works. Either you have to start from the beginning, and use the code right away to watch the scene involving Lazlo and Snowe as pre-condition, because later there will be conversation about that; or use the code as you did, but wait until after the next in-game event, then check again; or you messed something up (wrong code, typo etc.).
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Also possible that it's an instant effect code, no recruitment needed, so just check your group in the camp. Or it's something like a summoning code, so try using it in a battle.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
LarpWarrior

Post by LarpWarrior »

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Wolkendrache, I've tried all of your suggestions that were applicable and I still haven't been able to recruit Lazlo. I have double checked the code and all the technical stuff and even tried to get lino to appear in the gossip section in obel at various times in chapter 12 before and after the battle with Martin and still no luck;(

Sticky Runes why is it stupid that I love Suikoden Tactics but don't want to play suikoden 4? Im really not into rpgs anymore but I still love tactical strategy rpgs, i play suikoden tactics for the gameplay not the story. And honestly the story in Suikoden tactics really isnt that great, although I do enjoy the story and think it enhances the gameplay its basically about a boy whose dad is turned into a fish man.

I loved the first two suikodens but in my opinion the series really took a dive with suikoden 3 and the games just kept getting worse so I would much rather just buy a gameshark and use it to recruit Lazlo for suikoden tactics instead of devoting however many hours it would take to get all 108 stars on Suikoden 4

Seriously though Suikoden Tactics is a very underrated game in the srpg genre, Konami got so many things right with this game I really wish they would make another srpg

Anyways I'm still hoping to find a solution for this so all replies and advice are greatly appreciated!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I was in a stroppy mood when I wrote that, Larpwarrior, sorry for taking it out on you. Of course you're entitled to not play the whole series if you don't want to, it's not for me to criticize your gaming habits.

Yeah, Tactics is definitely more fun in terms of game play than storyline.

As for your code, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. Would you mind telling us where you found the code?
One problem I can think of, is that when you load data from Suikoden 4, the hero has the name that you gave him when you started playing Suikoden 4. So, if you haven't been able to do that, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work with cheat codes. The code might be intended to give early access to the hero without activating the events that let you recruit him, in which case you may still need Suikoden 4 data.

I suppose another option would be to borrow another person's Suikoden 4 data to save on your memory card and start a new game from scratch.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

1. you can look for game saves with Suikoden 4 data already loaded

2. i think you can find tools that convert Codebreaker to Gameshark codes... codetwink's "Have Character" codes simply put the character in your party and you don't need to do anything like talking to Lino.
http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/1419
Suikoden 4 Hero Codes
3767 Have Character 0A53616C 000000E1

The code you got for gamesharks sounds too tedious. Seems like you want to actually go through with his recruitment scenes, so your code basically tells the game that S4 data has been loaded. If you want to continue in your current game, use the "Have Character" code, and if you want to see all the scenes for (Hero4 and Snowe), I'd recommend playing from someone else's save.