Question regarding Inventory +Skill Items

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Apocalypse612

Question regarding Inventory +Skill Items

Post by Apocalypse612 »

Hello. Have a few questions for you fellas.

1) I was wondering if this game was like Suikoden 3, in that if your rank is already S and you have any +Skill Items (Counterattack Rings, Element Robes, etc), do they do absolutely nothing at all? In my opinion that makes these items completely useless, as everyone can get every skill to S Rank, but I just would like confirmation before I stop using them all together.

2) If you have a Counter Ring equipped, but do NOT have the "Counter Skill" Equipped, does anything happen?

3) Also, off-topic somewhat, but do the item sets in this game have set bonuses like 4? For example, the OGRE set will make you always berserk if you somehow acquire both pieces? IF so, where can I find a list of the item set bonuses in this game?

Thanks!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Question regarding Inventory +Skill Items

Post by KFCrispy »

1) correct, you can't go beyond S rank so the items don't help. What you CAN do is equip skill+ items for skills you don't have equipped.... you'll get a marginal boost.

2) i don't remember what Counter Ring does, but if it raises the counter skill then yes it gives you E or directly boosts the counter-attack chance or whatever--this happens in Suikoden 3 as well.

3) we haven't found any extra effects from armor sets :/
Apocalypse612

Re: Question regarding Inventory +Skill Items

Post by Apocalypse612 »

Thank you, KFCrispy. Your prompt response is much appreciated!