official japanese guide Translation help?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

official japanese guide Translation help?

Post by KFCrispy »

i am looking through my japanese guide for this game. unfortunately i can't read any japanese.... can anyone help?
i was looking for the guide on Rita's Challenge but i haven't been able to find it. i think if it is somewhere in the guide, it's just a small paragraph with no pics. the actual battles all have a map + info.

so this is just an example of how i can scan it. i'm using a phone so it's not so great but i don't have easy access to a true scanner.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... 5&hl=en_US
page 1: a summary? of the first battle in Underground Passage. does it talk about how to obtain the Tome of Black Arts? according to our guide, killing as few enemies as possible will earn the item. also, what is the passage in the middle about points 'a' and 'b' (the letters are in pink boxes)? i'm pretty sure the capital A and B are the treasure chests.

i'm hoping someone can describe what each section talks about. then it'll be easier to research info for other battles.

page 2: the other side of the Underground Passage battle, probably talking about strategy on specific areas of the map, then a list of enemies with strategy on how to handle the new/tough enemy. i didn't capture the list of the enemies, it's just under the 'tough' enemy

page 3: this is an index of what i believe are ONLY dispatch quests, BUT--does this also include Rita's Challenge? please let me know, i can scan the specific page if you can identify it!

thanks
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: official japanese guide Translation help?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Page 3. Can't see Rita's challenge on it, but the first part is blurry. The last one "果たし状" is "A Letter of Challenge" so it's not only dispatch quests. Page 255 is Dragon Scales Wanted, The shine of platinum and The Ruins of Obel (Part 5). All S-ranks.

The Japanese name for Ritas quest is "陣取りゲームしよっ!" so it should be near the top of the first half as it's an E rank.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Juan

Post by Juan »

I hope someone can tell how to get the Star Earring on Rita's Challenge. Sorry can't help don't know how to read Japanese.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok here's the info on Rita's Challenge. i think the section under POINT talks about the general strategy on how to beat them
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... h&hl=en_US

And is this scan of the Underground Passage easier to read? https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... 0&hl=en_US
what does each section talk about?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The top part seems to be about special items. Headline is blurry but I can kinda make out parts of the box.

Says something like "book of ancient magic" so that's probably the Tome of Black Arts you asked for.

Requirement to get it is, uh, think it says that you have to clear it within 85 turns..? Seems a lot. 85 moves?

85以下 = Less than 85
ターン = turn

Second box - says something about units..? The orange text seems to say ユニットグループ2 which would be Unit Group 2. There's some context I'm not getting...

Third box - Treasure chest items. A is a Sealed Water Orb and B a Leather Armor. I assume A and B are marked on the map.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

maybe the red a and b are ambush units?
so yeah--that's the section that talks about extra items. but they don't have a full strategy section for Rita's Challenge. this leads me to believe that you don't get Star Earrings from her challenge but another. i'll scan the battles for all of the bonus items. i know the first couple say to keep the NPCs alive.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Star Earrings? I can't find anything that says it can be found anywhere except the treasure in the Collanbal Ruins during battle 14.

Star Earrings are 星のピアス so you're looking for that if they exist anywhere else.
Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what does the Rita's Challenge scan say?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Far as I can tell it only gives generic descriptions of what you're supposed to do.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh cool, i found Rita's Challenge DOES have a strategy section!! and yes it does give you Star Earrings!
and a bunch of other stages have bonus items (i've only scanned the items we didn't document in the Prizes guide) so i really hope you can translate it Raww (or anyone else!)
1 https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... k&hl=en_US (last page is Rita's Challenge)
2 https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... y&hl=en_US
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Eh, this needs to be cross-referenced with the offical tactics translation cause I don't know it that well.

The first special item is "superb gold ore"

Second is "magic hand"

Third is "stardust dress"

Fourth is "crimson cloak"

I think the Rita one says that you have to win by only 1 square... possibly that Rita can only have one square at the end.

First on second part is a Hunter Rune

Last one is "platinum"
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks! are you able to understand the criteria to get the other items?
Crimson Cloak is definitely rare, i don't remember if Magic Hand is also rare... Stardust Dress is rare but i don't know how it really works ("boosts elemental effects," i guess some can try some damage and healing experiments?

The Crimson Cloak criteria talks about "over 50 turns" or something. if they want it to be under, they didn't use the same language as the first Underground Passage battle.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well, platinum says you have to do it in less than 1 turn.

For the Hunter Rune it says something like "clear without compromising unit" but the kanji is too blurry to make out so no idea really. Possibly you're not allowed to take damage?

Only thing I can read clearly for Crimson Cloak is "unit" and "50 or more" but it's not turns. Is the middle part 敵ユニット? That means enemy units. I think this battle constantly spawns enemies until you destroy the Evil Eyes? Kill 50 enemies or more?

No clue on Stardust Dress. Not clearing something?

Magic Hand, says something about clearing except Roget, could be you clear everything without killing Roget or only Roget?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Platinum: "less than 1 turn"--- so i guess one character's action is NOT 1 turn. sheesh, now we need to figure out how a turn is defined in this game (is there a turn count somewhere displayed in the game? i don't think so...). SPD determines when someone acts, so it's not like everybody gets 1 go = 1 turn.... a fast character can act 2-3 times between a slow character's actions.

Magic Hand: i guess depending on which battle it is, you can choose not to recruit Roget. i don't remember if you have to defeat him or not in the battle just before though, but that sounds like the case. maybe the criteria was to defeat X number of enemies...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

According to Cyrils walkthrough the battle's objective is to take out Roget, so I guess that means the Magic Hand is given if you take out him only.