official japanese guide Translation help?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: official japanese guide Translation help?

Post by KFCrispy »

so i'm going to summarize what we have figured out so far that isn't completely clear or verified....

Razril Alley Bonus: Rita's Challenge - Star Earrings - not sure if you win by 1 tile or she only has 1 tile

Underground Passage Bonus: First Battle - Tome of Black Arts- finish in less 85 turns .. how is a turn defined in this game? Is it each action, does the requirement include enemy actions or just your actions...

Port Merseto Bonus: First battle - Gold Ore

Caleron Laboratory Bonus: First Battle - Magic Hand

Small Border Village Bonus: Stardust Dress

Graska Palace Bonus: Crimson Cape (defeat over 50 enemies or specific enemies like Fishmen? we believe the Rune Cannons in this stage continuously spawn fishmen...)

Desert Island Coast - sorry i don't remember the exact battles that take place
1) Rene's quest? Hunter Rune
2) Hero IV (Lazlo) quest? Platinum
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

わたしと宝探ししませんか? is for Hunter Rune, which is Rene's quest.
うちの看板商品に・・・ is for Platinum but it's not the Razro quest, it appears to be "Give Us a Sign". And according to patapi in the other thread the requirement is killing the Giant Crab in 1 turn so my translation had that right but it doesn't answer the question on what the guide considers a turn.

Also Magic Hand should be for the second Caleron Battle, cause Roget doesn't appear in the first. And I stand by the assertion that the requirement is ignoring all but Roget.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks! i'll update the main S Rank and Bonus Prizes thread
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, i do remember getting Platinum for defeating a giant crab quickly... i wonder if 1 full turn is "counted" by the elemental things' movements - they seem like a good standard....

so "ignore all targets except Roget" - i'm guessing you ignore his human buddies but the fishmen are fair game... although i'm sure it certainly is possible to just move around the fishies. as usual, Eugene with a healer nearby might be useful for crowd control.
malebox

Post by malebox »

Confirming that you can get star earrings from beating rita.
I imagine one of the following two things is the key:

First, I beat rita by 1 tile (I think, got a C rank, and just barely won).
Additionally, I only used 1 flame force bead (and one casting of a rune)
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks! we just weren't sure if you need 1 tile remaining or if you could actually obliterate her and leave her with 1 tile.. so beat her by 1!
Juan

Post by Juan »

KFCrispy wrote:thanks! we just weren't sure if you need 1 tile remaining or if you could actually obliterate her and leave her with 1 tile.. so beat her by 1!
I don't think so that beating Rita leaving her 1 tile of her terrain because if you check YouTube there was this vid that s/he beat Rita. Got a Rank C if I remember and got a Star Earring but s/he didn't show the process how s/he beat Rita s/he just show the end and if you check it out there was no one remaining lightning terrain. Maybe you need to beat her by 1 tile of your terrain but I read someone got a Rank S and got a Star Earring so I thought of maybe you need to beat her with 1 tile but those terrain that is created by the elementals don't count meaning the counted is the one you and Rita cast. Well that's my theory only but I will try it in my New Game+
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

EDIT
It looks like the guide shows the S Rank requirements for every stage near the title of each stage.... didn't notice it before!
Raww (or someone else?) see page 2.. what does the right-hand side list? Left side looks like the gold and SP you get or something.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... h&hl=en_US
Page 1 is just some tidbits about the stage right?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I'm having problems scanning this tiny text in the book, but Obel 5 First Visit has 3 configurations. The digs all include Ancient Dish and the valuables like Platinum, but there are 3 chests.... 2 are documented (Goblin Overcoat and Cape of Darkness), the other looks like "lightning fire small hand" - the stats in the stats section show STR +8 and i think SKL +12 (accessory)
5 characters. First character I'm not too clear on, it's got the the top being the top half of yin (sound) with the bottom of the chinese character dian (electricity). Second character: chinese character 'lin' used for "glowing" http://zhongwen.com/d/191/x77.htm. third fourth fifth is something like "of small hand"
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Turns 50
Total Damage 100
Damage efficiency 70
Amount of good attributes 15

First one should be self evident
Second I'd guess is damage taken while the third is the average damage your party deals.
The last is probably referencing terrain element.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i wonder if you have to hit all those marks or if there's a more complicated formula that judges how close you got or how well you beat those marks..
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Taking into acccount what appears to be the game code from the other topic it would seem those are the bare minimums for it, but you should be able to offset them by doing well on all other factors.
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_ATR_GRID_DIFF
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_KILL_ENEMY_FEW
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_NPC_NUM
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_ATTACK_DAMAGE_EFFICIENT
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_GOOD_ATR_TURN
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_EXP
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_ATTACK_DAMAGE
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_FRIEND_DAMAGE
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_TURN
SLG_CLEAR_RANK_SP_CHECK_KILL_ENEMY
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i remember now, those harmless elemental balls must move every "turn"!