[Question] Dear Friend... -quest- no longer available?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Mentality

[Question] Dear Friend... -quest- no longer available?

Post by Mentality »

So, I just started to play Suikoden Tactics. It's my first SRPG and honestly, might be my last. I'm only playing it because I'll be all done with the Suikoden series [yay and aw at the same time] when I'm finished... and although I'm enjoying ST immensely, it's just not for me... strategy rpgs that is. It's too difficult for me and sometimes overly frustrating. Although, I might replay tactics a bit for the new game+ value].

Onto the question...

I'm trying to recruit Reinbach but I've JUST noticed that the "Dear Friend..." quest is gone for me. It's been a really long time [I'm on chapter 15 or 16] and I'm not sure if the quest expired? I've finished a good deal of the other quests in Rank D [minus X &Co ones] already. Or it might've been that I previously accepted the quest and canceled it [because I felt like I wasn't ready for it and the last times I prematurely accepted quests... they expired on me] so I'm not sure if that's the reason for it no longer being on the "Accept Quests" list. I've traveled around quite a bit to see if it'll come back and it hasn't...

If I did miss it [damn it D:] is it necessary to recruit all the characters? Are there bonus scenes for getting everyone like the main Suikoden series? I'm really far ahead from my last save [before the cancellation of the quest and I'd really rather not go all the way back for it]. I think I'd rather just aim for the complete recruitment in my next new game+

Thanks a lot for answering!!
Antimatzist

Re: [Question] Dear Friend... -quest- no longer available?

Post by Antimatzist »

There is no bonus if you have all characters, only some bonus scenes which are not worth it (some dialogues between some characters, not even all...)

I think Reinbach's Quest is a quest which cannot expire, so there shouldn't be the problem. But I can't help you further.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this issue came up recently in Gamefaqs. it seems that you can't get the quest back if you cancel :(
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

KFCrispy wrote:this issue came up recently in Gamefaqs. it seems that you can't get the quest back if you cancel :(

WHAT??????????????????????????????

I canceled a quest because i couldn't trigger it and now that means it's gone??? Awwww that game is more than tragic then. Anyway,i have to restart it and use guide this time :x :x :x