No skill equipped

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
gildedtalon

No skill equipped

Post by gildedtalon »

Is it possible to win the game with such a restriction? I bet it isn't
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: No skill equipped

Post by KFCrispy »

it's likely feasible because you can over-level characters in the training areas, but it still might be hard. magicians would basically be useless because they would take forever to cast any spell and would do pitiful damage anyway. but fighters who use mounts don't get much offensive boosts from skills (Battlelust is not used while mounted), so they are still pretty good.

you can easily reduce the fighting members in the party to just the most effective characters and abuse support abilities (espcially Carrie, Yu, and Ema). Ema would be really useful because there are some good items that do multiple things like heal HP + add element, or heal HP + boost ATK.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Didn't retry let you keep the experience just before you die?

I also want to try people I've never used. Probably won't use any mages except Pablo(never used him) since I've overused them in the past playthroughs. I will only recruit people who do not require doing mission in Middleport, don't wanna do any missions. Overused characters in my past playthroughs will not be used also, except Kyril of course. Support characters I have will be used however, it's too much work otherwise

Here are the list of characters I will use
Unkillable Characters: Akaghi, Andarc, Mizuki, Seneca
Killable Characters: Ameria, Axel, Carrie, Champo, Ema, Eugene, Gary, Gretchen, Jeremy, Jewel, Kate, Nalkul, Pablo, Paula, Reinhold, Selma, Snowe, Wendel

I have to say this is the worst team I'll ever have playing Tactis lol, especially with no skill equipped. Will be one tough challenge. Any suggestions on who I should use?
Last edited by gildedtalon on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Eugene is one of the best characters in the game, however with no skills he might be the worst due to his firefly rune... :D

Pablo isn't bad, it's just that he isn't good, just give him any other rune than Earth.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Can not read the disc, someone else can do it haha

Edit: I'll try solo Lazlo challenge instead on Suikoden IV. About moving isle, I can probably use mushroom, gather a large amount of them
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

If you're going to use Spellcasters, the only spell you can really make the most of is Kindness Drops (I believe it is instant cast) which (along with Yu's Heal) could help Eugene tank a bit. Spellcaster Cooperatives are also pretty good so you can make use of the MAG+ equips. Actually, you might have to rely on Cooperatives a lot more, so you might also want to consider that in picking your group. :D
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Anyone dares to do this challenge? See how far you can get