Who's up for a Suikosource playthrough of Tactics?

A forum to ask people who have played the games about gameplay questions.
Lord Awesomeguy

Who's up for a Suikosource playthrough of Tactics?

Post by Lord Awesomeguy »

I saw this on a Shining Force board some time ago and it looks like fun!

I don't recall how many battles there are in Suikoden Tactics; however I think it may be fun if we all took a turn at a separate battle. I think there would be a lot of work involved with setting something like this up and completing it, but it would be a lot of fun.

I realize we don't all have the same systems... Is this something that would be possible to set up? Maybe take one battle at a time per person with most of the battle detailed for the rest of us to see. Someone would likely have to dedicate some time to leveling.

It may also involve spending some $$$ on shipping and/or mailing the memory card around.

What say you to this?
Coach McGuirk: "This sausage is probably eighteen years old... This sausage could vote. It could go to war and die for its country."
Blutiger Engel

Re: Who's up for a Suikosource playthrough of Tactics?

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Sounds interesting, as I just beat my latest SIV playthrough and started Tactics again yesterday. However I don't like the idea of mailing a memory card to semi-strangers. :(
Lord Awesomeguy

Post by Lord Awesomeguy »

I understand the apprehension. What I was thinking is that someone could invest $8-$10 dollars in a PS2 memory card that will be used solely for the purpose of the official Suikosource playthrough of Tactics..aka Lord Awesomeguy Fest 2009.

I think the logisitcal part of it may be difficult to work out. I would imagine, at the bare minimum, you would need:

- A copy of the game

- A PS2 or PS3 **

- The official memory card that will be used solely for the purpose of the official Suikosource playthrough of Tactics..aka Lord Awesomeguy Fest 2009.

** Not everyone has a PS2 or a PS3. I think some or a lot of PS2 games are compatible with the PS3 system but I'm not sure about the games or memory card. I would imagine the PS3 has a built-in hard drive that negates the need for a memory card. This would eliminate anyone who doesn't own a PS2 from being able to participate; which is bad.

Of course I could be wrong. If there are no compatibility issues and/or everyone owns the same system, I think it is a matter of setting who is going to do what. Someone is going to need to play through the story battles, spend some time leveling, spend some time in the Obel Ruins doing various things, and completing Quest Guild missions, etc.

Also, I would imagine we need to come to a general consensus on the rules regarding dying characters and what/who we would like to use in our battle. Or, it could be interesting to let each person use whomever they please for characters. I would imagine we would get a good mix of strong characters towards the latter parts of the game. For example, lets say someone wants to use characters 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 with certain armours equipped. Then, lets say the next person wants to use 7,8,9,10, and so on with certain armours equipped. It would lead to characters 1-10+ being levelled up with the option to equip them with the armor of choice. I think we would need to agree to get as much of the equipment as possible.

Again, I think there is a lot that needs to go into this BUT it could be a lot of fun.
Coach McGuirk: "This sausage is probably eighteen years old... This sausage could vote. It could go to war and die for its country."
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I think part of the problem with the character/leveling is that I personally would want to move on in the game and I probably wouldn't stop, lol.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I like it, but I have so many games on my memory card, plus there's the chance that someone along the way might delete your file.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
DaveyJ

Post by DaveyJ »

Maybe play the game on an emulator? Like run your disc on your pc. I'm not sure if there is a way to do that for ps2 games but I know you can do that for ps1 games. Then you can just copy the memory card, and share the digital memory card with the other participants.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I'm down.

But does it have to be Tactics? Bleh. Game sucked.

Go play FF: Tactics if you want to play a real Tactics game.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I bought Suiko Tactye when I went to Singapore when I was fifteen and I can tell you that I got the shock of my life on the quality of the game;it was my first original game that I have ever gotten........I like totally fell in love with it(includes free soundtrack).Yay me.....
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Redheim wrote:I'm down.

But does it have to be Tactics? Bleh. Game sucked.

Go play FF: Tactics if you want to play a real Tactics game.
No offense or anything, but think that some of us don't own that game and don't even like FINAL FANTASY
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.