Suikoden V is destined to be a big seller!?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Suikoden V is destined to be a big seller!?

Post by dragonmasterx »

http://blog.livedoor.jp/od3/archives/50 ... l#comments

According to some survey this guy took(it's not just a mere blog btw, the site is one of my favorite Japanese gaming news sites) of games people will buy for February, the most people are planning to buy Suikoden V; 83 people! It beat all the fierce competition:
Monster Hunter 2 - 59, Disgaea 2 -55, Devil May Cry Special Edition - 44, and others.
Last edited by dragonmasterx on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well thats great for japanese suikoden fans and hopefully it will give konami a little more financial security and they will keep bringing suikoden to the USA and the UK
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

FF not in the running I see. I'm surprised Monster Hunter scored higher than Disgaea, that makes me slightly uneasy.
I hope everything is going delicious.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

wow... monster hunter, i read a lot of reviews on monster hunter games and they don't seem to be liked much :?
Hopefully suikoden does sale very well because then we get more suikoden and i love suikoden :D
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Looks like they picked an excellent date to release this in Japan. Not to mention the kind of marketing effort that they have put into the final product so far. Excellent.

Can't say the same for the NA release date though.
Shumphrey

Post by Shumphrey »

And a couple of days ago Suikoden V was the Number 1 Game on all of 1up.com (as well as in the RPGs section and the Playstation 2 section). It has since fallen to number 24 (#7 in RPG and #9 in PS2), but it's still a good sign!
Chas

Post by Chas »

I was just ion EB not more than 30 min ago and I saw on their TV that Suikoden V was coming out March 6th. I havetn' been able to verify this anywhere else...so can anyone here tell me if they have seen any sightings of a release date? Via magazine, TV commercial....website? Thanks in advance.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

at gamespot it says the us release is march 28th. i can only hope it's true.
i'm sure they'll probably delay it, but i'm fairly jaded when it comes to release dates, so keep your fingers crossed.
daoster

Post by daoster »

Magicbox announced that the Samurai Warriors 2 (Sengoku Musou 2) has been bumped up to Feb. 24 (from March 9). That gives Suikoden V a big opponent to contend with.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

well suikoden 5 is for PS2 now and it's getting great reviews from gamer magazines. But some of these reviews include very negative remarks about suikoden 4 as well. Can't blame them. Basically saying Suikoden 5 could be the savior to the suikoden series after 4 was a complete utter failure.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Man that's a good survey there dragonmasterx. Well in Japan but hopefully that will give them confidence on selling more of it to the U.S. I just want my hands on Suikoden V right now.
Georg Prime

Post by Georg Prime »

Do we have a full list of all games and how many people will buy?
Mazus The Mage

Post by Mazus The Mage »

im hopin it comes on the 28th.
Ive also heard that 5 is gonna be like the longest plot out of the whole series.
and they are releasing it on the 28th because of it being the 10th anniversary of the release of the first game in the United States
All men dream but not equally Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act on their dreams with open eyes to make them possible
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

Kingdom Hearts 2 comes out on the 28th too. So it looks like once again Suikoden is doomed to be overshadowed by square. I've preordered both anyway. Too best games of the year come out on the same day. Kind of cool, but still kind of sad for Suikoden. Oh well, it should still sell well, as good as it looks theres no way it couldn't.