Lonely Ending

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
shinro-kun

Lonely Ending

Post by shinro-kun »

I remember reading in translated king's blog that the designer satou was assigned to play suikoV and so he did. there he metioned something about a lonely ending.

it's natural that the hero will leave everyone after the war in suikoV but what about this lonely part..? I mean, tir was with gremio, riou was with nanami and jowy, and lazlo met almost all of his friends in rhapsodia.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

i think the s5 hero will leave ...look at kyril he left cause he found out he would live longer then all his freinds so maybe hero5 willl think the same thing and not want to see his friends suffer......or it could be georg traveling to moon scarlet empire
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

yeah, like the other tenkais. but wont he even take rionne? or anyone... or could there be more to this lonely ending..
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I would like to see a possible love interest with rionne and the tenkai, then at the end he can leave falena with her

of course I dont expect this to happen...just something id love to see, I hated suiko 4's ending and I really hope they get back on track with suikoden 5's ending
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:I would like to see a possible love interest with rionne and the tenkai, then at the end he can leave falena with her

of course I dont expect this to happen...just something id love to see, I hated suiko 4's ending and I really hope they get back on track with suikoden 5's ending
It might be something like that but I think it would be more probable if she died.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Humphrey wrote:i think the s5 hero will leave ...look at kyril he left cause he found out he would live longer then all his freinds so maybe hero5 willl think the same thing and not want to see his friends suffer......or it could be georg traveling to moon scarlet empire

Suikoden 5 takes place after Georg has already left the Scarlet Moon Empire.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

I thought it takes place b3fore suikoden 1 be fore he is an general of scarlet moon
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Humphrey wrote:I thought it takes place b3fore suikoden 1 be fore he is an general of scarlet moon
EDIT: Georg was a General at the Succesion War. Not the Gate Rune war.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Humphrey wrote:I thought it takes place b3fore suikoden 1 be fore he is an general of scarlet moon
It does take place before Suikoden I. Georg Prime served under Barbarossa Rugner before coming/going to Falena, however, so you aren't totally wrong.

Besides, we all know Georg was not a general during Suikoden I. Anyway who's played the game knows that. He is however mentioned, but not by name, by a guy in Marie's inn during the beginning of the game.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
It does take place before Suikoden I. Georg Prime served under Barbarossa Rugner before coming/going to Falena, however, so you aren't totally wrong.

Besides, we all know Georg was not a general during Suikoden I. Anyway who's played the game knows that. He is however mentioned, but not by name, by a guy in Marie's inn during the beginning of the game.
He might not have played Suikoden 1. Also the comment that Richmond makes are very annoying seeing as they have happened in reverse order.
Georg was once a Queen's Knight in the kingdom of Falena, but was blamed to have murdered the queen and became a fugitive (He really did kill her though). Since then, he became the leader of the Ebony Moon Knights in the Grasslands, and then was recruited by Barbarossa Rugner as one of his Six Great Generals during the Succession War. After the Succession War was over, he left because he had "fulfilled his promise." He then fought against Highland during the Dunan Unification Wars. He is one of the best swordsman known in the lands.
This is the correct order
He's got a hell of a history. In the Scarlet Moon Empire, he was 1 of the 6 Generals. In the Grasslands, he was an Ebony Moon Knight, and in Falena he was a Royal Knight. He just threw it all away.
This is the incorrect one.

Wait, I'm confused. If the former of the 2 quotes is correct than suikoden 5 is more than 10 years before Suikoden 1. Is that correct?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

My point was that Georg was serving before the Gate Rune wars. EVen if you didn't play Suikoden I and read Richmond's investigationyou would surmise that he wasn't in Suikoden I. Not to mention the wealth of information here should be able to answer just about anything concerning the first 3 games.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Wraith wrote:
Georg was once a Queen's Knight in the kingdom of Falena, but was blamed to have murdered the queen and became a fugitive (He really did kill her though). Since then, he became the leader of the Ebony Moon Knights in the Grasslands, and then was recruited by Barbarossa Rugner as one of his Six Great Generals during the Succession War. After the Succession War was over, he left because he had "fulfilled his promise." He then fought against Highland during the Dunan Unification Wars. He is one of the best swordsman known in the lands.
This is the correct order
This is NOT the correct order. At least, with regards to the fact that he served in Scarlet Moon Empire before the Queendom of Falena.
He's got a hell of a history. In the Scarlet Moon Empire, he was 1 of the 6 Generals. In the Grasslands, he was an Ebony Moon Knight, and in Falena he was a Royal Knight. He just threw it all away.
This is the incorrect one.
Richmond's investigation has always been the correct one all along, as Scarlet Moon did come before Falena (we are not concerned with Grasslands here, so). It seems someone got the order jumbled up somewhere along the way, which gave birth to the incorrect ordering.
Nekomancer

Post by Nekomancer »

In regards to the 'lonely' ending I wonder if it isn't just one of the endings? Suikoden isn't exactly known for having one concrete ending.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

What king's blog entry had this? Could someone quote?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

King's Blog wrote:1/01
Happy New Year

And greetings.

I’m designer Satou, who was very graciously assigned the role of drawing the top pictures for the first three days of New Year.

Previously, I’ve worked on American Football games for a year and took part in development of Prince of Tennis games for three years. Good heavens! What a coincidence! I’m dealing with a Prince again. It may be a different world, but it’s an honor to help a Prince again!

Speaking of New Year, how about badminton? The conceptualization of the above picture was influenced by the Prince of Tennis.

My first task after being assigned to the team was to play Suikoden V. It was really interesting! I played like a monkey every single day. “What a great job I have,” passing every day chuckling to myself. Since it seemed like such a lonely ending, I’m on my 2nd playthrough with these regrettable thoughts.

This game is so much fun even the 2nd playthrough is interesting.

For me, who’s only played Suikoden 1, my opinion is that in battle scenes, the turning around and around camera during attacks, which doesn’t close up on characters, and is set, allows for an easy view.

At any rate, the demo! The event demo scenes!
Awesome! The feelings of the Prince and other characters come across acutely. Motion capture actors did a wonderful job! As did the voice actors! Of course, the scenario rocks too!

I’m beaten...
I came so close to crying.
But I would turn completely into the Prince, so I held back the tears.

Men must not cry!

Anyway, the demo scenes rock! The other parts rock too! Have fun waiting!

See ya later!
The term 'lonely' hardly ever comes up in his blog, so it wouldn't have been too hard to find it on your own, you know.