Take/Recapture/Recover Everything Back

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Take/Recapture/Recover Everything Back

Post by dragonmasterx »

すべてを、奪還する

This is supposed to be an important phrase in this game. King mentioned it a few times and it shows up at the end of the latest trailer. What do you think it means?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

What does "????????" mean? I have no clue.... Can you put the actual word or something?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It's in japanese text. You need to install japanese text on your computer to see what dragonmasterx is saying.

Anyway, I think this may mean the prince of falena may rightfully take back what is his. Nothing more, nothing less.
I hope everything is going delicious.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

It could also refer to what Zelease said about "The True Rune should be with it's rightful owner" or something like that.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

does installing japanese text actually translate the word? and where can I install it?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I consider "Recapture Everything" to have the strongest impact among all the possible choices, but that's me.

Apparently the catch phrase is also supposed to have a multitude of interpretation, so nailing it down to any particular one earlier on might be misleading.
jainsafel
Elite Member

Post by jainsafel »

I wonder if one of the possible "shades of meaning" is a reference to how this game is in many ways a throwback to the more classic Suikoden II? In other words, it "recovers" the classic style that made Suikoden so popular in the first place? (I guess it would depend on the reception of Suikoden III and especially IV in Japan).
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Possibly. But, it definitely doesn't look like as if they are producing a 3D version of S2 and completely ignoring anything that came afterwards. Most probably: lessons were learned throughout the series, and they are consciously bringing together the best of all worlds as much as possible into a single game. (With S4, it really does feel as if the production team were assuming too much and thus solved the wrong problems.)

How was S3's performance anyway? I know S4's sales figures were rather misleading when compared to the kind of reception that it got...

Although, to be honest, I find the definition of "the classic style of Suikoden" to be rather loose. Maybe someone ought to explain what is considered "classic" and what is not. It's subjective.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Hmm I did'nt think that the recover catchphrase could be referring to the 5th installment itself. Interesting.
How was S3's performance anyway? I know S4's sales figures were rather misleading when compared to the kind of reception that it got...
From what I understay, Suiko 3's perfromance was decent. It got rave reviews in magazines and it got word of mouth on the net so maybe along the lines of of 100,00 copies, more or less. It did'nt get a "greatest hits" title so it less than 500,000. :(

Suiko 4 got terrible reviews and it also got word of mouth here and other forums so probably less than what Suiko 3 made. This is just specualtion BTW.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Actually, Kawano said that sales of Suikoden IV were quite good.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Suiko IV's sales were probably just to show how much people liked Suiko III. I know I for one bought Suiko IV regardless of what the reviews said because I liked III so much. I think IIIs sales would have been larger had it been released in Europe.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Heh, I doubt this will be true concerning Suikoden IV since it seems to be pleasing every Suikoden fan even though none of us, aside from shivam at suikox, has played the game at all.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I played Suikoden IV and actually enjoyed it. It had a lot of elements that Suikoden 3 was missing. But, I would be remissed if I didn't say it was lacking. But, it was a solid game in it's own right.

As for the statement, I think they are referring to taking Suikoden back to its roots and recapturing the essence of the series which drew fans in form the beginning.