Georg in Suikoden V

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Liam

Georg in Suikoden V

Post by Liam »

I was hughe fan of Georg from Suikoden II, but as far as I'am informed He will be changed for this new release.

And it is not just an eyepatch, and his clothes, but He looks so much younger, more than storyline should allow.
In Suiko II He was a veteran, experienced fighter who has seen it all done it all, and his design matched both his character, and his role in the game.

In this new game He give away impression of a strong, but youthfull warrior, and it clashes with all We know about him from times of Dunan Unification War.

Not to forget that his battle stance changed (I know that this way it is far more realistic), but now He doesn't look so laid back, and confident.

P.S. Where is Kumo??? Sword He uses in S5 doesn't look anything like his old sword from S2
Last edited by Liam on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah, probably.

People age, y'know. OMG EVEN PPL IN GAMEZ LOL
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

What some fans conveniently forget is the fact that Georg Prime once served the Scarlet Moon Empire during the Succession War, and he did have the eyepatch back then. I'd say the new artist did a good job at doing some research before finalizing Georg's design for Suikoden V.

He looks older in S2, and appeared much more mature too. That should be a good enough clue for anyone to speculate that S5 would take place a few years before S2, in order to take into account the difference in his age and appearance.
I was hughe fan of Georg from Suikoden II, but as far as I'am informed He will be changed for this new release.
The bottomline is, Georg's character wasn't exactly changed for this new release. We are simply seeing him during his "prime".

If anything, apparently he will also have a costume change in this game, bringing back his S2 costume, except with the addition of his eyepatch (which appeared for the first time in an artwork inside S1's manual).
Liam

Post by Liam »

But If We are to see him change his costume during the game, isn't that good indicator that Suikoden V is not happening much before Suikoden II ???

I don't think that Georg's rejuvenation will be backed with a timeline, but hope that Konami will prove me wrong on this one
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, people can wear the same outfit for a long period of time. Yopu must remember that Suikoden 1 and 2 did not span a great time period..3 years if I'm sure. So, even if Suikoden 5 takes place before Suikoden 1 (which it almost certainly does), then it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for him to wear the same clothing in Suikoden 2.

And his rejuvenation is already backed by a timeline. We know when he appears in Suikoden 2, we know when he was born. All we need is a timeframe for Suikoden 5 and we can piece it all together from there.