The 108 stars of destiny bonus

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
executor of balance

The 108 stars of destiny bonus

Post by executor of balance »

In every Suikoden you got some bonus when you collected 108 stars, such as an ultimate spell (bright shield rune), extra characters ( Snowe)
extra scenes ( suikoden 2 and 3) and of course the good ending from 2.

What will be the bonus in 5, assuming there will be one?
Is it an extra hidden character or the 4th. spell on the true rune?
Does anybody have a good theory on a possible bonus?
The graveyard is full of indispensable men
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I think it's way too early to be speculating on this considering how little we know of the plot. Although it's a given that it won't be a resurrected character, as that can only be done once.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

extra characters ( Snowe)
Snowe isn't an extra character, he's one of the stars. The bonus in IV is getting to use the Rune of Punishment without getting punished.
executor of balance

Post by executor of balance »

Yeah you're right, I don't play suikoden 4 anymore, so my memory is a bit fuzzy in that area. But you could only get him with 107 stars, right?
The graveyard is full of indispensable men
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Right. That and if you don't kill him whenever you capture him.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

What I'm thinking is some special features in the New Game+ if there's any. Maybe there'll be a "Making of" video (like in Ratchet and Clank), or probably an additional recruit (like Lalacle in rhapsodia).

Just a wild guess.

It's still too early to say anything. I'd give another month before we can truly start predicting.
[evil laugh here]
Eao

Post by Eao »

i'm gonna have to go with the good ending, maybe carry overs for a newgame plus...prehaps a spell or item.

a character sounds plausable though.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Chiepoo

Post by Chiepoo »

I think a bonus character in new game+ like Lalacle and any special items will do!! Also the best ending!!
And, maybe the trailer of Suikoden 6!!!or next series of Suikoden!!
But, I think the best bonus is we can meet Chiepoo again and have him as party...hehehe but it's impossible right though Chiepoo may already dead...
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

Chiepoo wrote:But, I think the best bonus is we can meet Chiepoo again and have him as party...hehehe but it's impossible right though Chiepoo may already dead...
Chiepoo, trust me that Chiepoo will indeed not be in Suikoden V - he will be dead by that time. Although, Nay-Kobolds could live over 150 years [/sarcasm]
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Yeah, duh. EVERYBODY knows that nay-kobolds live up to 200 years old....okay but seriously now.

I think it'll be something that's never been done before, or something that ties back to the first two Suikoden games. Possibly an extra character that we all know and love, or something. I'm actually hoping that if there's a a feature where you can upload from previous games, that Lazlo could be an extra character, if you upload data from suikoden IV. He could be a great asset to the army, and especially for the final battle of the game, with his true rune.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its funny how lazlo was hated when we all first saw him, now I think people like him as the best tenkai{these are just my observations based on the comments about lazlo and the very few comments about other former tenkai stars}

I persoanlly hope lazlo makes a cameo in suikoden 5 or a future game, his true rune is just to cool, I want to see more, I want to see him completley owning the true rune and being its master

and the great thing about lazlo is...he can return! because he's ageless!
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

My thoughts exactly. Another person that *could* return is Ted...but that's only because he has a true rune. Although, at the time of Suikoden V, he is in the Scarlet Moon Empire.

And I wouldn't say that Lazlo is my favorite tenkai...I like the new one a lot. It's just that his true rune was so destructive that it was cool...if that makes sense.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I wasn't specifically saying that you though lazlo was the best, I was saying thta I made an assumption on most people on the forums in general{based on comments and post that ive seen}

putting ted in suikoden 5 would be retarted, I think ted's story is finally done, the only thing I want to know about ted is what happened with him and aldo at the end of 4 and hopefully we can find out in an old book in a future installment
RalTed

Post by RalTed »

When it comes to this *Ted returning as a star* theme, I don't think that would be proper anymore. I mean, as a character he had already his development and an end that let me as well as others satisfied. It doesn't seem plausible anyway that Ted would be in Falena in this time period.

But Lazlo, that would be a great addition to the party and the army.

Imagine: Prince (Hero5), Gizeh, Dzerrasa (just dreaming, but seemingly possible), Lazlo, Georg Prime, etc. in your party; sounds good enough for me... :D
"No esperes de otros lo que de vos depende; porque cruzar las puertas de la vida y caminar tu propio camino depende solo de ti"
Released_Souls

Post by Released_Souls »

As I was reading all these (ahh...haven't posted in a long time)....
That the bonus might be a clip or maybe even a short game about Gerog Prime or maybe other people like Killey etc..of their tale after Suikoden V till their next appearence in a war (like how they traveled...)

Sounds a bit crazy and boring...but it can really clear up all the fuss between some of those Stars (Gerog..)