The 108 stars of destiny bonus

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
RalTed

Post by RalTed »

I would like the return of *playing as the bad guys* that was featured in Suikoden III when you get the 108 stars, that would be a major plus once again. Other useful bonus would be a character from a past game like Ted was in GSIV.
"No esperes de otros lo que de vos depende; porque cruzar las puertas de la vida y caminar tu propio camino depende solo de ti"
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Actually, to be technical, playing as Luc and his company at the end of Suikoden III was obtained after getting 104 stars of destiny. Luc, Sarah, Yuber, and Albert were the last four of the 108 stars. But, that was Suikoden III's version of the 108 SoD bonus.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Like many other plot-related characters in the series, those 4 final stars are auto-recruits, so it should still count as a 108 Stars of Destiny bonus.

This is comparable to how you actually need to first gather 107 stars in S4, and the final star ends up becoming a trigger as well as a part of the 108 stars bonus.
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

I think the bonus would be a secret ending. :o
GenmaNinja

Post by GenmaNinja »

I think the bonus should be extra scenes, or references to other characters from previous games.
Throw your life away for justice.
Chiepoo

Post by Chiepoo »

Hmmm...It would be great if Lazlo include the 108 stars of destiny in s5.Because we can get him without any hardwork recruiting ALL 108 stars of destiny.right?
Miaow
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

He'd have to be the Tenkai again, which he can't be, since that star is already occupied for this installment.

He and Kyril could both appear as optional dudes, much like McDohl in Suikoden II, however.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

but Kyril doesn't have a true rune.
how would he live that long to suikoden 5 without another source of immortality?
He could stay on the fog ship i guess...
Strategy is the key to victory!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You'll see once you've finished Rhapsodia.
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Keh...I'd love to see both of them...Kyril and Lazlo...

If we are able to see Ted...is it possible we could see McDohl too? You all know they're good friends...but I guess McDohl won't be of any use with the Soul Eater still in Ted's hands, will he?

Don't blame me...I've always liked Tenkai stars...

Um...I think the bonus will be either another ending or some kind of epilogue...

Well...of course the exact 108 SoD bonus is those stories about the SoD after the event...I wish they could write the story longer...