Does the Sun Corrupt

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
NChisholm

Does the Sun Corrupt

Post by NChisholm »

The queen bears the true sun rune and commits many actions that could be considered atrocities[using rune as wmd on civilian town] and her queendom has slave..... could the rune be behind this

My theary is based on the Blue Moon Rune... the rune sybolizes COMPASSION and destruction... as a rune sybolized by the moon..... so a rune symbolized by the sun could very well ebody cruelty as its negitive aspect ........ comments... ideas sup[porting it.... acussations of lunacy or idiocy?

Nchisholm
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Most True Runes have a duality concerning them, I wouldn't be shocked if she was losing her willpower to the Rune.

Wonder what they could be? Perhaps the rune exemplifies warmth and nuturing in it's postiive aspects (the sun providing life for plants) and relentless destruction in it's negatives (the sun blasting a land into desert)
-M
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I think the Queen has just gone mad due to her acquisition of the power of a "god". Some people can't handle the responsibility of having such power at their disposal and I think that is the case with her. I don't believe any of the True Runes intentionally corrupt their bearers. I believe it is their bearers on weaknesses that corrupts them.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

but True Runes are sentient beings, if the queen cannot master her rune then most likely the rune will master her and make her into a nice little puppet. The sun rune might have an evil side and a good side{that would be its duality} or maybe the sun rune just wants to see a nice queen go insane just for the fun of it.I think those ideas make more sense than the queen getting corrupted on her own because she got some power, especially since the queen's heart is for her people and she is like the greatest person in all of falena, how can she be the number 1 kindest most loving and caring person and then just become a complete pshyco?

the rune my friend, 1 of the 27 True Runes...The Sun Rune
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Too bad the True Runes seem to be beyond good and evil.

Lots of people are kind and benevolent until they get a taste of power. If you've never experienced this then I suggest you take a step back from your pc and go take a look out into the real world. Surely there are those at your job or at your school that are this way.

As a matter of fact, I remember during my 2nd semester of college there was this guy, Jeremy, who seemed really fun and cool and all that jazz and he would always come to my classes and help me out and all that.(Even though I didn't need it and I was clearly superior to him, but that's besides the point) He was friends with the instructor as he'd had the class before. As time progressed our teacher became lax in her duties and started giving him power over us little by little. At first he was nice and fair, but eventually he began to change. He would start yelling at people for asking him help, or give them failing grades on their critiques(a major problem I had because some of the people he failed deserved to pass with at least a C), swearing and talking down on others and all that jazz, so people can get besides themselves with power. Don't think it's not a possibility.
I hope everything is going delicious.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Sure, True Runes can and most likely do try to manipulate the bearer, but this manipulation is only towards the True Rune's natural purpose and inherent desires. It's not about the True Rune being evil or good, it's about it carrying out it's purpose for existing.
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

A rune can also do things that the bearer considered evil... such as Tir's soul eaters tendency to consume those close to him.... The Harmonian leader...sory can't remember his name....his tendency to want to bring absolute order... hell the rune of begining manipulates its chosen into fighting........ so the negitive aspect of the Sun Rune which I still suspect is cruelty could have overwhelmed the queen.... and that wouldn't be the rune being evil..it would be the rune expressing an aspect of existence through the queen.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, the True Runes do not fall into the concept of what mere mortals consider to be good and evil since they are beyond it. An example would be like us calling the Christian God evil for causing the floods. Yes, we could consider the act evil, but we cannot understand the deeper complexities or meanings behind the Christian God's reasons for that action.

It is the same with True Runes and their bearers. Good and evil is not an aspect, it is about the True Runes carrying out their duty according to their existence. Devouring souls is not evil to the Soul Eater because that is its purpose.

So, I understand what you're trying to say, but the reason the Queen is corrupted is not due to the Sun Rune expressing itself through her, it's because of her lack of ability to control the power that has been bestowed upon her. I believe that the Sun Rune does not need to exert its power nor does any other True Rune.

I believe the existence of mortals has tainted the natural harmony by obtaining the power of the True Runes which they should have never had in the first place and that is where the duality of the True Runes existence becomes distorted by the unperfect nature of mortals who have come to bear them.

When a mortal such as the Queen cannot understand or grasp the responsibility of such benevolent power, that bearer will undoubtedly be overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of such strength. It is her own weakness that has consumed her and driven her towards madness.
Tarrot

Post by Tarrot »

All true runes seemed to have a duality associated with them. The rune could be used for good, or for evil purposes *Soul Eater, Fire Run, Punishment/Attonement rune, etc.* The runes themselves were not inherently evil, it's just that its power, unleashed, could be catastrophic. Hell, Luc's entire issue in S3 was that the runes were evil, and had to be destroyed, while Geddoe I believe said something along the lines that the runes were not evil, but rather just a consequence of the people who used them. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Sun rune acting the same way.
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

yes :D ...Tarot... that is what I was thinking... and as I thearized earlier.... maybe the sun rune could represent the mirrored aspecteds of the Blue MOON rune..... I just focused on the neg aspect by thearizing cruelty...which could be considered them oppisite of campassion could be the neg aspect....

This brings another if that theary holds the positive aspect could be creation as an opp. to Moons destruction..... or nurtering/growth....