Elza and Clive?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Weilong Jin

Elza and Clive?

Post by Weilong Jin »

Is it possible for these two to make a re-appearance. One of them might even join your team. Elza had been running for a long time and she could have been in Faleena at that time. Also on the same topic. Who would you prefer to be a SoD. My vote goes for Clive he's just so very cool.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

my vote is for elza, seeing clive in 3d would be enough for me but actually using elza would be so much sweeter
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

If it's before Suikoden I, it would be stupid for her to go all the way to Falena and come back to the continent that she left. I'm fairly certain if Clive couldn't get a boat to Lakewest, then there's little chance he would've been able to get a ship to Falena, so chances are if she went there she would've stayed there and been safe especially in a Kingdom whose might rivals that of Harmonia.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't remember any confirmation about Falena's might. Sure, it's been speculated that Falena rivals Harmonia, but I don't see any confirmation anywhere.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

and Elza and CLive can have a weapon combo with their guns. i would call it "Firing Squad" where they both shoot all enemies for like 1.5x damage.
Strategy is the key to victory!
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

having clive and/or elza isn't very practical because their plot thread has pretty much been wrapped up. i think they should focus on characters that still have some kind of mystery to be exposed.

having both clive and elza as stars would be incredibly cool though, i admit.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I won't give my suggestion as to whether their appearance would be good or not. I'll just ask one simple question: Why should they appear? Honestly, we know all there is to know about their past and we know Elza's future. We know that Clive was pursuing Elza since before Suikoden 1 and she had alluded him and ended up encountering Nash at some point then was murdered by Clive in Suikoden 2.

There's nothing more really to say or show. Clive was only there for Elza. The scope of his character was never really broad. He has potential, but only in a story based after Suikoden 2. The fact that he didn't appear in Suikoden 3 makes me believe that his story is done. Anything about him before Suikoden 2 would just be useless filler. But, that's just my point of view.
amelia108

umm...

Post by amelia108 »

did you not just read my post?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, he was expanding on what you said. He's backing you up, not ignoring you.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Note how I said I wasn't going to give any suggestions as to whether or not it would be good to have them in there. You did a good job of explaining things I just wanted to expand on it like Jowy said. I most certainly was not ignoring your comments.
strider tag

Post by strider tag »

Altough we knew many things about Ted in suikoden 1 , he appeared in suikoden 4 .... so there is a chance (maybe very little ) that elza appears on suikoden 5 .
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Ted was in four so that we could see why he lost his rune for a while.

Edit: and by the way, I do agree that Elza and Clive probably won't be in.
Stan

Post by Stan »

I don't think either one will show in Suikoden 5. But if I got to choose, I'd probably choose Elza, only because we never get to use her in Suikoden1 or 2.
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

I always thought Elza had an excellent character design and that it was a shame that you couldn't use such a cool character. If only to control her for one game - that would be worth it to me. Though I definitely see the points made earlier.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The timeline for Suikoden 5 would probably be a bit too early for Elza and Clive to appear. They were both confined within the "Tower" until the incident where Kelly was killed in a duel, and that didn't happen until both Clive and Elza were fully grown up (based on pictures). Both of them would be in ther early-mid teens during Suikoden 5's timeline.