Suikoden V started before IV?!!

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

patapi wrote:Beginning V's production simultaneously with IV? That might actually hold some degree of truth, as there are rumours that Konami now have two teams working on the series anyhow.

But before IV? That is absurd. If this interpreation is true, then who knows which number would they start working on after V. Suikoden XX, maybe? You see, everything between V and XX should obviously be rushed fillers to "hold us over", which would probably showcase the producer's dream worlds or whatever, before finally giving us the "real thing" in XX.

If this is how they work, then I fear how many more numbered installments would go to waste to "fill in" the long development time between "real" installments. Shouldn't Konami have known that's what spin-off titles are meant for? Simply absurd.

I dont think you need to worry about that patapi, I think konami was using 4 as an experiment just to see how the fans would react to new ideas and they were experimenting with it, I believe 4 was meant to hold us over until 5 was released. I think they had 5's story and the basic vision for 5 while 4 was being made, this way they could take the good and bad of 4 so they could make five an awsome experience. Perhaps they feel that the last suikoden on the ps2 needs to be spectacular, and thats why they've been working on 5 for a long time. I dont think konami would make genso suikoden titles the same as fillers, that would be very foolish on there part
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote: I dont think konami would make genso suikoden titles the same as fillers, that would be very foolish on there part
Umm, you're contradicting yourself.
son_michael wrote:I dont think you need to worry about that patapi, I think konami was using 4 as an experiment just to see how the fans would react to new ideas and they were experimenting with it, I believe 4 was meant to hold us over until 5 was released.
See?

Oh well. I don't think Suikoden IV is as bad as people make it out to be. Most of the post I see concerning people and their dislike for S4 are poor at best, but I digress.

As shivam said, the story was plotted out long ago, so it wouldn't surprising if they were working on this to a certain extent while making Suikoden IV, or even Suikoden III. It's plausible that they would have main characters, certain story events, and where the story takes place before they begin the bulk of the work on the story.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

sorry I guess I didn't explain what I was saying very well, I was saying that I thought that they made 5 during 4 for experimental purposes and it was a 1 time thing, so then I said" I dont think we need to worry about konami doing that{I should of put again} it would be very foolish" well sorry for not clearing explaining what I meant
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

What are you apologizing for? you're allow to make mistakes sometimes.

When I first saw this post, I thought the orginal poster meant it took place before Suikoden IV, that cant be, if Georg is in it, and he doesnt have a true rune to live that long.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
greylynn96

Post by greylynn96 »

That doesn't make any sense if V started before IV there will be some confusion to several characters, paticularly Georg Prime w/c make this his first apperance in the series(technically speaking).
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Yes it would, timeline wise..
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan