The Third True Rune

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

sun rune, dawn rune, night rune...
make sense to me...
killey

Post by killey »

If it's three new true runes or parts of a true rune than it cant be the Night Rune as that already exists (Zodiac Sword).
GoletZ

Post by GoletZ »

Hmmm..so maybe it's sth like dusk rune :?: ...sun,dusk and dawn runes...I think it'll make a little sense
NAY !!! ^_^
LGM

Post by LGM »

If it's three new true runes or parts of a true rune than it cant be the Night Rune as that already exists (Zodiac Sword).
It hasn't been mentioned if we have any returning runes, but it would make sense if the Zodiac sword was to be included, if only to complete the rune set.

And in that, you could theorise that there may be a vampire present.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

I have 2 Speculations:

1. There are 3 Rune Pieces: Dawn, Day, and Dusk. When they ge combined they become the Sun Rune. Would be cool

2. The Sun Rune is not a "Sun" Run. Its more like a Cycle Rune. At day its a Sun Rune at Night Moon Rune (but moon rune wouldnt fit that much since we know about it already).
bla
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

One thing I noticed no one has said is the fact that Konami said that three new True Runes would be introduced. If the other two runes were mere pieces of the sun rune then they wouldn't be True Runes, but ingredients like Jowy and Riou's runes.
I hope everything is going delicious.
boosty

Post by boosty »

A random guess with no real bearing is the possibility of it being the rune of change. It really depends what they mean by 'New'. If it means, ruins heard of but havent seen, hence new to the games, then its a good possibility considering the connections that have been alluded to between falena and the sindar
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, I thought the same thing whenever they said "missing for a long time", in reference to the third True Rune. It would be nice if we finally got to see the Rune of Change, for sure.
killey

Post by killey »

I'm not so sure Konami would bother or even want to say that there is 3 parts of a true rune in the game. It just seems to me like they would say that there are 3 new true runes regardless (I'm not saying that they are parts rather than whole runes but it certainly is possible and would make sense).

And by new they may mean that we haven't been able to use it before rather than brand spankin new.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

there is a difference between the star dragon sword and the night rune... although the star dragon sword sword claims that it is the incarnation of the night rune... the night rune's real power is still unknown... maybe in suiko V it will tell how did the night rune became the star dragon sword... and what's wrong with using the full power of the night rune rather then wielding the strenght of the star dargon sword...
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

well i have to eat my word back... having come to think of it... konami said that there are three new runes in the game... but didn they said how many true runes will appear in the game... having said that i guess the third rune will be the dusk rune... there is the sun rune, dawn rune, dusk rune, night rune & the blue moon rune... runes that has control over the time...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Kranach wrote:well i have to eat my word back... having come to think of it... konami said that there are three new runes in the game... but didn they said how many true runes will appear in the game... having said that i guess the third rune will be the dusk rune... there is the sun rune, dawn rune, dusk rune, night rune & the blue moon rune... runes that has control over the time...
where did you hear these runes have control over time? cause as far as I know, they dont
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

He probably thinks that because the Night Rune/Zodiac Sword threw you back in time in Suikoden I that it has power over time, but this is not confirmed so we don't know if it was the power of the cave or the power of the rune.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ah right, forgot about the little travel to the past in suiko 1, but that still dosen't explain the blue moon rune's connection to time
Last edited by son_michael on Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

He, like others I've seen, seem to think the Blue Moon rune and the Night Rune are connected in some fashion or another. This probably led him to believe that they had similar powers, so ,in essence, he probably thought that since the night rune could do it then so could the Blue Moon Rune.