The Third True Rune

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
killey

Post by killey »

This is kind of small but since the queen as her rune on her forehead and that is the sun rune it would probably make sense for the Dawn Rune to be on the bearer's right hand and the 'dusk' rune to be on the bearer's left ot vice versa.

By the way, have any other true runes been on the forehead? I know I was a bit surprised that the Rune of Punishment was on Lazlo's left hand.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

gate rune is on forehead too i think since blue gate is a forehead rune
kelvin loves suikoden
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

The Gate Rune or Leknaat’s half at least, is located on the chest not on the forehead, that thing that Leknaat has on her head is just some aesthetic thing with no story value as far as I know…

Perhaps when the Back Gate and Front Gate Unite the placement will be the head…
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Punishment_xmas

Post by Punishment_xmas »

Third true rune is Star rune
Sun
Moon
Star
Night
Dawn
killey

Post by killey »

You seem pretty darn confident about that christmas. I think it's unlikely they'll have a star rune purely for the fact they have stars of destiny - if they had a star rune its more likely it would reperesent that then the stars of the night. I would say dusk is the most likely name at the moment or something similar.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It is rumoured that the third true rune is some sort of "Ancient Rune", but I have yet to come across any confirmation.
killey

Post by killey »

I hadn't heard that rumour patapi, what makes people think it's called the Ancient Rune or do you mean that it's just a really old true rune that's only now resurfacing?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It was stated through information that the third and unknown True Rune has been lost for quite some time, but it was an ancient Falenian treasure. This implies that it was known to the Queendom for some time and probably at the beginning of its history. But, technically all True Runes are ancient.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

i don't think that there will be a star rune... because technically the sun a star... and i would to clear my statement about the runes controlling time... since the names of the rune were based on the changing of time so i based that they have power over time...
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
killey

Post by killey »

Well not sure how credible this is at the moment but just in case you don't visit suikox I'll post a link here:

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5936
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well SARS says its pretty credible so that means the third rune is the Rune of Dusk. If it and the Rune of Dawn merely support the SUn Rune perhaps that means Konami tricked us into thinking they're True Runes when they aren't, unless these three runes are special from the other true runes we've seen.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Perhaps the Runes of Dawn and Dusk are pieces of the Sun Rune. Like The Front Gate and Back Gate are pieces of the Gate Rune. That way, they are still True Runes yet separate.

Perhaps the whole True Rune is the Rune of Day, which is the counterpart of the Night Rune.
-M
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Hmm so the 3rd rune is the Rune of Dusk.

IMO the Rune of Dawn and Dusk are both seperate runes and have no supportive ties with the Sun Rune. To clarify, if the Sun Rune depenede on the Rune of Dawn and Dusk, then why is it that the Sun Rune is still powerful enough to light up the Falenan Castle or destroy Lordlake?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There's too little info, and Konami's announcement at TGS makes things a bit confusing. At TGS, it was announced that there will be three true runes in Suikoden 5.

The Sun Rune was known by then (and since then, confirmed that the Queen has had it attached onto herself for two years), and the Rune of Dusk was also revealed at TGS. The third rune was said to be "missing."

According to a fac who managed to play the demo for an hour and a half (possibly due to staff being lazy) stated that the other rune was the "Rune of Dusk," and that the Rune of Dawn and Rune of Dusk were subservient to the Sun Rune.

We'll need more clarification.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, even if they are subserviant, that doesn't mean they won't actually be True Runes, as well. But, like Sars said, there is not enough information yet.