The Third True Rune

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Chris_Lightfellow

The Third True Rune

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Ok, so we know that there is a Rune of the Sun and a Rune of the Dawn. I personally think that the third one is the Gate Rune. Anybody else think so or have any ideas as to what it could be?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Re: The Third True Rune

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:Ok, so we know that there is a Rune of the Sun and a Rune of the Dawn. I personally think that the third one is the Gate Rune. Anybody else think so or have any ideas as to what it could be?
That's not possible since it was stated that there were going to be three new true runes and the gate rune is anything but new.
I hope everything is going delicious.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

who is going to posess these runes, I know the main character will posess teh sun rune
who will posess the other runes?
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

who is going to posess these runes, I know the main character will posess teh sun rune
I heard that the hero, Queen Arshetat and Zelase (sp?) will posses the 3 new True runes.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

pesmerga786 wrote:who is going to posess these runes, I know the main character will posess teh sun rune
We don't know if the hero get's the sun rune or not.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
pesmerga786 wrote:who is going to posess these runes, I know the main character will posess teh sun rune
We don't know if the hero get's the sun rune or not.
oh, ok
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

I think I heard it was the Queen, Arshetat, who possessed the Sun Rune, and the Hero possesses the Rune of Dawn.
-M
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Matt620 wrote:I think I heard it was the Queen, Arshetat, who possessed the Sun Rune, and the Hero possesses the Rune of Dawn.
Well we know the Queen posseses the Sun Rune since she destroyed Lordlake with it's power, but as I said, we don't know which of the other two runes the hero gets.
LGM

Post by LGM »

Just to state this fact (its pretty obvious), that three more runes brings us up to 20 of the 27 true runes confirmed by Konami. Which means we are over two thirds of the way to knowing all of them.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

LGM wrote:Just to state this fact (its pretty obvious), that three more runes brings us up to 20 of the 27 true runes confirmed by Konami. Which means we are over two thirds of the way to knowing all of them.
really, someone name all the runes that have been in the suikoden games
i kno there is
soul eater
sword
shield
punishment
water
earth
fire
wind
thunder
sun
dawn
(3rd rune in suikoden 5)
circle(not much info)
eight fold(also not mucn info)
blue pale gate
front gate rune
back gate rune
dragon rune
beast
I cant remember any others
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Well, you got all of them except the Rune of Change, the Sovereign Rune, the Blue Moon and the Night Rune. I don't know what you mean by the "Blue Pale Gate", unless the Front Gate Rune and the Back Gate Rune are two points of it, whereas you'd mean the Gate Rune, not Blue Pale Gate.

Don't forget that the Front Gate Rune and the Back Gate Rune are only halves of the Gate Rune, same with the Sword Rune and the Shield rune with the Rune of Beginning.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

True Wind Bearer wrote:Well, you got all of them except the Rune of Change, the Sovereign Rune, the Blue Moon and the Night Rune. I don't know what you mean by the "Blue Pale Gate", unless the Front Gate Rune and the Back Gate Rune are two points of it, whereas you'd mean the Gate Rune, not Blue Pale Gate.

Don't forget that the Front Gate Rune and the Back Gate Rune are only halves of the Gate Rune, same with the Sword Rune and the Shield rune with the Rune of Beginning.
thanks for clearing that up for me
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

pesmerga786 wrote:
LGM wrote:Just to state this fact (its pretty obvious), that three more runes brings us up to 20 of the 27 true runes confirmed by Konami. Which means we are over two thirds of the way to knowing all of them.
really, someone name all the runes that have been in the suikoden games
i know there is
soul eater
sword
shield
punishment
water
earth
fire
wind
thunder
sun
dawn
(3rd rune in suikoden 5)
circle(not much info)
eight fold(also not mucn info)
blue pale gate
front gate rune
back gate rune
dragon rune
beast
I cant remember any others
I assume that this is a True Rune list. If that is so, then here are the True Runes so far, along with the current or possible holders:

1. Rune of Life and Death (The Soul Eater); Owner: Tir McDohl
2. Rune of Beginning; Owner: Riou only (with bad ending of Suikoden II), Riou and Jowy (as the Bright Shield Rune [Riou] and Black Sword Rune [Jowy] with good ending of Suikoden II)
3. Rune of Punishment; Owner: Lazlo (Hero IV)
4. True Fire; Owner: Hugo (or either Chris or Geddoe)
5. True Water; Owner: Chris (or Hugo)
6. True Lightning; Owner: Geddoe (or Hugo)
7. True Wind; Owner: Unknown
8. True Earth; Owner: Sasarai
9. Rune of the Sun; Possible Owner: Queen of Falena
10. Rune of the Dawn; Possible Owner: Prince of Falena
11. (3rd True Rune in Suikoden V); Possible Owner: Zelase' (Woman in Black)
12. Gate Rune; Owner: Leknaat (Back Rune only), Unknown (Front Rune only)
13. Dragon Rune; Owner: Milia
14. Sovereign Rune (embedded on Dragon King Sword); Owner: Unknown
15. (Blue) Moon Rune; Owner: Sierra
16. Night Rune (Star Dragon Sword); Owner: Edge
17. Eightfold (Yafusa/Hachifusa) Rune; Owner: Yuber
18. Beast Rune; Owner: Unknown
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

There's no need to type out these long list of the known True Runes and their present and past bearers. All of this information is right here at Suikosource. http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/

It's the most up to date list outside the walls of Konami.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:There's no need to type out these long list of the known True Runes and their present and past bearers. All of this information is right here at Suikosource. http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/
I know I could have linked to that page. But since I had already started typing, I thought I might as well finish.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.