The Third True Rune

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suikoden has Sun, Dawn and Dusk listed as True Runes. But that doesn't really mean anything.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

very nice link, I love how suiko surce and suikox get mentioned at the bottom, this enyclopedia website must think suiko source and suikox are 100% good sources to find valuable information about suikoden, or maybe it just list the top 2? otherwise I dont see why they wouldn't mention other suikoden sites

love the whole rune of punishment bearer list...theres still alot of bearers we dont know about...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The reason the page is so good is because wikipedia allows basically any and everyone to edit such pages. It's a possibility that someone here or at suikox typed in all of that very information.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

son_michael wrote:very nice link, I love how suiko surce and suikox get mentioned at the bottom, this enyclopedia website must think suiko source and suikox are 100% good sources to find valuable information about suikoden, or maybe it just list the top 2? otherwise I dont see why they wouldn't mention other suikoden sites
Whoever wrote the entry could just not be familer with those sites. Feel free to add them yourself. You can do that on Wikipedia.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Apparently someone likes to delete the other sites from the 'external links' section every time someone else adds them.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

As read from info from sites Georg kills the queen that means she loses her true rune....that could be the point where the prince(main) gets the rune....i also belive that the princess gets the rune of dawn
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

I could be mistakin about the rune of dawn it is just a theory
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Rune of Dawn is confirmed. But its status as a true rune is not.

And, please use the Edit button to add you afterthoughts next time, instead of double-posting.
Apparently someone likes to delete the other sites from the 'external links' section every time someone else adds them.
Looks like this fanbase have a wiki-police now. Wow.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

sorry
Iku

Post by Iku »

well if your right and they are parts would it be okay to presume that together they make the rune of day ( we have night) it does seem to stand to logic
RalTed

Post by RalTed »

We just don't know whether these runes are three separated "whole runes" or if the Dusk Rune and Dawn Runes form the Sun Rune and are like the "Bright Shield" and "Black Sword" which form the Rune of Beginning. And it seems to me like the Sun Rune is the combination of the other two runes when it comes to artwork.

If you all remember, in Suikoden II's promo and in the game actual intro, there was the display of the Rune of Beginning which in actual gameplay you never came to possess unless you got the bad ending.

And another speculation is which True Rune Dzerrasa possesses, and if it's a True Rune at all.
"No esperes de otros lo que de vos depende; porque cruzar las puertas de la vida y caminar tu propio camino depende solo de ti"
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

PLus if Dusk and Dawn are subserviant to the Sun rune, how will the Tenkai star use one of them to defy the Sun Rune?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Do we even know for sure that he will defy the Sun Rune?
Quiotu

Post by Quiotu »

Yeah, speculation abound here... I've been soaking up all the info here for the last few weeks, seeing what I can find. I admit being a bonafide lurker, so pardon the low post count. Just thought I'd post a few opinions and random info I've noticed.

First off, I remember someone here posting how a lot of people think the Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune are related. Well, they might... but only because of the facts that the Night Rune allows Vampires to exist, and the Blue Moon Rune turns the bearer into a Vampire.

I'm also curious about the Blue Moon Rune being brought up, because if I remember correctly at this point in the timeline, Neclord should still have it. Are people assuming that Neclord is in this game, or are they just hoping he is? I don't remember seeing any info about the Blue Moon Rune being in V.

As for the three runes, I would have to agree that Sun, Dawn, and Dusk would be the most appropriate. As for how they relate, someone's said that the other two were subservient to the Sun Rune. I am going to make an assumption here and say that the info may not be complete right, and was set in place to make sure that no one tried to defy the Queen, by making the Sun Rune seem unbeatable to all other royal treasures/runes.

Other ideas could be that the Dawn and Dusk runes can't defeat the Sun Rune individually, but used together may be able to overcome the true rune's power. The two might be halves of a yet-unmentioned true rune in the game, since the other two true runes in the game are still speculation. Regardless, I'm guessing we won't know much more about the runes or the story behind the game until it's released in Japan and we gain info from people playing it, and even that's only giving us a precious few weeks before its release here.

As for me... I like a little info, but I don't want to spoil the whole story for me. I'm happy with what I already know, and am willing to wait a month and a half to satisfy my curiosity. :) Just my lengthy two cents.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

Quiotu wrote:First off, I remember someone here posting how a lot of people think the Night Rune and Blue Moon Rune are related. Well, they might... but only because of the facts that the Night Rune allows Vampires to exist, and the Blue Moon Rune turns the bearer into a Vampire.
The Moon Rune allows vampires to exist. The Night Rune allows them to be destroied. Of course those are not the only purposes of these runes.

Besides that Quiotu, you have some good ideas. And you got me thinking maybe if the Night Rune and the Moon Rune keep each other in balance then, the Dusk and Dawn Runes put together ARE the Day Rune, and the Day Rune keeps the Sun Rune in balance. Just a theory based on what we know about the other true runes...
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...