suikoden 5 theory

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
amadeusx

suikoden 5 theory

Post by amadeusx »

've been hooked on suikoden series for a couple weeks now and since i found this forum i never left lol. but after reading about what people think of 4 and something about 5. i have a crazy idea that something about the island nation has to do something with the plot in suiko 5. i mean why would konami make a game thats 150 years before the first installment of the series when its the 4th game. it could be that some of the stuff you find out in suiko4 is part of the plot in suiko5. after being told that i posted in the wrong section by snowking and telling me that the time period is between suiko 1 and 2 i still think that 4 could be tied with 5. i can't really think up any concrete ideas that will make any of you think along my lines but its something to get my mind of hw for now hehe. before i speculate some more and embarass myself i'm going to do some research on the other suikodens and figure some in depth stuff on suiko 4 but my theory is along the lines of what leknaat said to hero4 before the final battle, if i remembered correctly what she said that is.

i apologize if i made my theory is completely wrong, as my sig says i only played 3 and 4.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Re: suikoden 5 theory

Post by Red Killey »

amadeusx wrote:'ve been hooked on suikoden series for a couple weeks now and since i found this forum i never left lol. but after reading about what people think of 4 and something about 5. i have a crazy idea that something about the island nation has to do something with the plot in suiko 5. i mean why would konami make a game thats 150 years before the first installment of the series when its the 4th game. it could be that some of the stuff you find out in suiko4 is part of the plot in suiko5.
It's not a bad idea, I guess. But I personally think that Suikoden IV was made to be 150 years before Suikoden I so that they could sell Rhapsodia (Suikoden Tactics) that would relate to Suikoden IV. So it would be Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics as 2 games of Suikoden series that would be tied together, whereas Suikoden 1-2-3 and Suikoden V are tied together.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
LGM

Post by LGM »

Of course, you could theorise that Suiko 4 was designed to break away from the creator, in an attempt to only use the mimimum amount of his characters and plot lines. It wasn't just a different time, but it was disconnected to the familiar areas of the other suiko games.

Of course this fell flat on its face, and now Konami are going back to the well in attempt to capitalise on a popular model, with a game based on a folklore only vaguely mentioned of.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

[quote]i have a crazy idea that something about the island nation has to do something with the plot in suiko 5. i mean why would konami make a game thats 150 years before the first installment of the series when its the 4th game. it could be that some of the stuff you find out in suiko4 is part of the plot in suiko5[/quote]

Well I pray to god almighty that you are correct. The thing that I find most annoying about the SIV timeline is that there seems to be no point to it at all, other than history. The result of SIV was that no one gave a f*** about the island nations. Now Rhaps has came out and I think the SIV timeline will still be mostly pointless (though I think it will still be a good game).

I think your theory is probably wrong. I think they went back cause they felt like doing something different; pretty much unrelated to the original games. Luckily we have another crew that does (thus SV).

We will have to wait and see if your theory is correct. I hope that it is.
GoletZ

Post by GoletZ »

Hmmm...maybe there will be some connection...f.e. hero4 could travel to Falena..it's closest to the south from island nations (correct me if i'm wrong)...
Or maybe sth about Gaien or Cray trading company or anything else...

I also think it's possible that S4 was made 150 earlier so players could know about some new countries/companies/organization etc. that Konami will use in next Suiko's...
NAY !!! ^_^
amadeusx

Post by amadeusx »

*minor spoiler i think

my theory is something along those lines goletz also maybe suiko5 has something to do with the island nation united instead of how it was before the kooluk invasion (i'm guessing at the start of suiko4 the islands weren't united). since it seems as if that was the whole point to the story when i think about it now. suiko4 most probably is tied with suikoden tactics like red killey said but as i mentioned i'm not that big of a suikoden fan yet although i fell in love with the series since i started playing. but then it would make more sense to tie suiko5 with suiko1 since suiko5 is between 1 and 2. depending if falena is anywhere near where suiko1 took place. sorry for all the incomplete info and such (i wish i can get my hands on suiko1 and 2 dohh)

but these are just speculations
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

The impression I got from Suikoden IV was that Konami went back 150 years to a region far removed the main continent in order to flesh out the graphics system and to see how many changes we fans would go for. In this way, Konami wouldn't tarnish the storyline of Suikoden I, II, and III while they were trying to perfect their story-telling style.

This is the same impression I got from Suikoden III, especially after reading and hearing about many fans bad reactions to III. It seems so far with Suikoden V that they were able to incorporate a lot of the good things from Suikodens I - IV and correct some mistakes from III and IV. Hopefully, Konami won't continue to make the same or similar mistakes or make any new mistakes.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
GoletZ

Post by GoletZ »

amadeusx wrote:depending if falena is anywhere near where suiko1 took place
Look at world map http://www.suikox.com/geo/map.html
NAY !!! ^_^
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

That map is something Sars through together from knowledge we have about the suikoden world. The only parts that are completely accurate are form Harmonia/North Grassland to the southern Island nations and Gain. We arn't 100% sure where the Queendom is. We just know it's south of the Island Nations. It could be pretty far from them but I think they are close based on previouse knowledge.

Edit: And by the way, I hope Gain and the Island Nations are involved somehow. That would be nice.