Characters you would like to see again

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I agree if a S1/2 character is to be used I would want them to have a better purpose then just being there for the fun of it. Also having Neclord around would be a little anti-climmatic because you know you won't be defeating him. His story is done in S2. I think we have enough reaccuring characters with Lorelai, Viki, Leknaat, Jeane(?), Georg and Killey. I'm looking foward to seeing the new ones.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I'm just hoping the new ones have a good reason to be new ones, and have some connection to past characters. For instance Belle was Meg's daughter...and that's a good reason to put her in the game, instead of just putting her there for kicks and giggles. I'm hoping for a little of this in V.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
EmOpUnKbOi

Post by EmOpUnKbOi »

lorelai, clive, kasumi, sasuke, oulan, pesmerga, and millie.
so give me all your poison and give me all your pills
and give me all your hopeless thoughts that make me ill
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

suikoden V is set before S1, because the queen of falena is alive, george prime is in S5 he kills the queen, then goes onto get recruited by barbarossa as 1 of the 6 great generals, and helps him in the succesion war (that would be a cool suikoden game, play as barbarossa, that would be cool)

P.S sry if sum 1 already brought this up, to many pages to read

i liked pesmerga and yuber, but i dont wanna see em in this 1, i want them to show up in a game where there going to be major characters, i dont want it be the 1 where there battle ends though.
i want to see more of rikimaru, hes my favourite character in S2
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually George Prime would have already participated in the Succession War before this game.
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

demon eye wrote:Actually George Prime would have already participated in the Succession War before this game.
not arguing with you but, that doesnt leave much room to go all the way back to falena, become a knight, kill the queen, then come all the way back, to fight in the dunan unification wars.
wouldnt be more pratical that he, became a night, served under queen, kill her, becomes a fugitive and makes hes way up to the toran area, gets recruited, helps barbarossa, retires, heads even further up to dunan area, to be recruited by riou?
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

well... still, the one that demon eye stated is true.
bloggs24

Post by bloggs24 »

by whom, by my knowledge, konami hasnt stated when the game is set, we are all going of what we think fits the game, by his age, and the sequence of events, which are stated in previous suiko games and konami
so shinro-kun, can you find any fact stated by konami, or out of any of the games, that what demon eye thinks is true, or are you going of what others may think aswell.

back to the topic, i also wanna see more of hanna, and that woman who you see in bars throughout the game, cant remember her name, but she has like 4 different lines, 1 is does riou like like her or sumtin, buy her a drink, shes looking for stronger opponents, and she coulda done something if it wasnt for sum woman, any 1 know who im talkin about?
Belle

Post by Belle »

bloggs24 wrote: back to the topic, i also wanna see more of hanna, and that woman who you see in bars throughout the game, cant remember her name, but she has like 4 different lines, 1 is does riou like like her or sumtin, buy her a drink, shes looking for stronger opponents, and she coulda done something if it wasnt for sum woman, any 1 know who im talkin about?
That's Anita.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

bloggs24 wrote:
demon eye wrote:Actually George Prime would have already participated in the Succession War before this game.
not arguing with you but, that doesnt leave much room to go all the way back to falena, become a knight, kill the queen, then come all the way back, to fight in the dunan unification wars.
It gives him four and a half years at least.
Night

Post by Night »

bloggs24 wrote:
wouldnt be more pratical that he, became a night, served under queen, kill her, becomes a fugitive and makes hes way up to the toran area, gets recruited, helps barbarossa, retires, heads even further up to dunan area, to be recruited by riou?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we know what happened from earlier Suikoden games. We know that he participated in the Succession War, then went to Falena and ended up killing the Queen, and then Suikoden I happens etc.

What we don't know is whether or not this will happen during the game. But I don't think the timeline itself is up for debate, just whether or not the game will actually show it.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The main issue is that by saying that if he went to Falena before participating in the Succession War, you assume that he only stayed in the Scarlet Moon Empire for a short while. It is very possible for him to have been there for quite some time before he left.

Even if we don't consider that as an option, we already have official info confirming that he participated in the Succession War before heading to Falena per Richmond's investigations with the help of Sars' input.

So, I think it's safe to say it won't be 15 years before Suikoden 1. Also, like someone pointed out, he would have quite a bit of time to travel before Suikoden 2 even began if it is just 8-5 years before 1. That would give him a minimum of 8 years to move around before Suikoden 2 began if I recall correctly.
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

bloggs24 wrote:so shinro-kun, can you find any fact stated by konami, or out of any of the games, that what demon eye thinks is true, or are you going of what others may think aswell.
As to what I know, It's in georg's profile in the jp. version of suikoden2.
itaymel

Post by itaymel »

Characters i would like to see again:
Tir,Riou,viktor,flik,ted
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

itaymel wrote:Characters i would like to see again:
Tir,Riou,viktor,flik,ted
Characters I don't want to see again: Tir, Riou, vikor, Flik and Ted.

Ted MIGHT be in Falena at that time but Tir and Riou can't have been there at that time. Viktor and Flik appearing in S5 is also extremely improbable if not impossible.

Anyway Killey,Lorelai, and Georg are going to be in it. Others might be Jeane, Cammile, Sierra, Neclord,Yuber , Pesmerga, Windy, and very likely Leknaat. Lazlo might appear in the same way Tir appeared in S2 (By transfering S4 data perhaps). I doubt anyone else would be in it. This game seems to have alot of new Characters but judging by their looks they appear a hell of alot more deep than the new S4 characters. Can't wait for it.