Characters you would like to see again

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yup, Falena is south of the Island Nations and they're south of Kooluk, and Kooluk is south of SME, so, yeah, you get my drift x_x
I hope everything is going delicious.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

As far as NPCs go, we all know Leknaat will come back, but I want to see a little more of her in the game. In IV she just popped out of nowhere and said "Yo! This is your rune, and this is how you use it! I'll be watching you!" And that was it. In III, she was only there to say "I forgive you" to Luc. I'd like to see more of her, in a way other than just explaining what the true rune does, even though that's her job. People like Leknaat too much for Konami to just have her reappear with the same old lecture. anyone else agree?

I would like to see Hortez VII return, even if he is just a child. But, I'm more excited to see new characters, considering they put some depth in their history and personality, unlike IV.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Uh okay a lot of the choises people are giving are rather random.

I think putting two and two together with George gives a likely timeline (I am placing my bet as being within 5 years prior to the war in Toran) as being before the second game. He still is serving the Falenan Queen so he hasn't assassinated her yet.

That greatly limits who can reappear with any form of logic. Killey, Lorelai (who seems to appear in the trailer) etc are reasonable guesses. They fit the timeline and have some ties to Falena.

But people like Luc and Thomas are very unlikely. Thomas was an infant when the Dunan unification war was taking place. Luc was pretty young in Suikoden 1 himself so anything prior to that game (why would Lorelai come from Falena to Toran, back to Falena and then to Gregminster once again?) would be placing him as a pretty young little brat.

Anyone from Suikoden 4 is equally unlikely unless they posess a True Rune such as Ted or they are Viki and Jeane. No character could have survived to fit in this timeline.

To be honest, I think the main characters we see return are going to be George, Lorelai (if that is indeed her in the preview), Lekknaat, Jeane and Viki. With Falena being fairly removed geographically from the continent of the first three games it will proably stand a bit alone in terms of characters except the few that have some roots or ties already established.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Luc's appearance really depends on whether or not he's always been the same size (except for his growth in Suikoden III) or whether he was an infant at one point in time and grew from there. If he's always been the same, then as long as he is alive he'd be useful. Although it's unlikely, Hero IV could make a return if the staff felt like including him.
LunasMeow

Post by LunasMeow »

Yeah, Heor IV could be an extra like Tir was in II.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

LunasMeow wrote:Yeah, Heor IV could be an extra like Tir was in II.
Something tells me that since they included Lazlo into Tactics, they're probably not going to put him into 5. I don't have a basis for this, it's just a feeling I get.

Anywho, I know this has already been said, but, I would like to see what Joshua's up to at the very least. And if it's close enough to Suikoden1, like speculated above, Humphry :D The previous mentions of Futch seem novel (I would absolutely DIE of happiness if there was a tiny tiny Futch ;_; ) but highly unlikely.

And I don't know if we could do a "all the true rune barers fight together" thing. Wasn't the problem with Hikusaak stemed from him tying to gather all the true runes together? Is it the simple act of them being together that would disturb the balance, or would they have to be utilized in some way? Sorry to go kinda off topic and be so confused >.<

Anywho...go Dragon Knights!
Last edited by Futch02 on Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well, it's very unlikely that we'll see a tiny fuctch since he was born in Goya, the Dragon Knight's Domain, and Humphrey would have no reason for being in a nation so far south, nor would Joshua.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Well, it's very unlikely that we'll see a tiny fuctch since he was born in Goya, the Dragon Knight's Domain, and Humphrey would have no reason for being in a nation so far south, nor would Joshua.
LoL. I know it's unlikely. That's why I said "The previous mentions of Futch seem novel (I would absolutely DIE of happiness if there was a tiny tiny Futch ;_; ) but highly unlikely."

And yah I know ;_; I said it would be nice, not realistic. LoL.
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

If this is before 3 again -_- then I hope they put Lazlo (why couldn't they have named him Lorenzo) in it. I would also like to see Pesmerga to get reasons for why so many people obsess over him. Why aren't they making the new games go into the future? :(
LunasMeow

Post by LunasMeow »

Yeah, I'd love to see more of the Yuber/Pesmerga thing. I'd LOVE to find out what's up with those two. And I'd also like to be able to do investigations on ANY character important enough to get a picture (including enemies) instead of just the SoD.
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

Personally I'd like to see Siera in this... but being a vampire...well the sun rune would ruin her day... as for anyone from Suiko4 who was not a true rune bearer... I'd only say Jeane...... and maybe a cameo from Paula would be possible.. depending on elvin lifespans...

If Pessy and Yuber return it would be great... and from suiko3 maybe Geddoe would be in the area... post 1st fire bringer...

Finally... it would be all kinds of awesome if Teo Mcdohl ...or any of the imperial generals from suiko one were in the game...for any reaseon[cameo meeting for treays or somesuch]

A cameo by Mathiu or Leon would rule..... but its probly not possable with them being in hermitige.

Finnaly if Victor hasn't already joined Oddessa he wouldn't have much reason to go to Falena... hes hunting vampire and no self respecting vamp would be caught undead near the sun Rune... and I believe Flik was either just joining the Lib army...or still in the warriors village

Cant wait for the game regardless

NChisholm
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

Killey ?
Pesmerga and Yuber would be nice ... since they are in different stars ...
kelvin loves suikoden
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Another char i want to see that i forgot to mention is Kyril. :wink:
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

I don't think Kyril will be in the game considering the gap of the timeline between Rhapsodia and Suikoden 5....as everybody speculated.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

If you play Suikoden Tactics, you'll understand why it might be possible for Kyril to show up in Suikoden V.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.