Characters you would like to see again

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

I agree Ted was one of the few characters that gave Suikoden IV personality since almost everyone has a lack of it. His part of the story was practically the most memorable since it also gave way to wtf! is that ghost thinggie with Ted and wtf! is the connection with that to the Sindar civilization. So yeah Ted was cool. lolz!

Hopefully V is not after IV but takes place like speculations between 1 & 2 or before 1, coz after seeing the trailer I want to see a young Lorelai and a young Sonya Sulen(spell check pls) and maybe they can add to the Ted story as well if we are before 1.

of course no Suikoden game would be if Viki and Jeane ain't around. lolz!
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

czartiffac wrote:coz after seeing the trailer I want to see a young Lorelai and a young Sonya Sulen(spell check pls)
It's Sonya Schulen, by the way.

Lorelai has been spotted in the trailer, well at least people think it's Lorelai.

Sonya Schulen was one of my favourite characters from Suikoden I, but I don't think she has enough story to have a part in any upcoming Suikoden game. She could possibly have a role if an upcoming game is set in Toran.
GoletZ

Post by GoletZ »

If SuikoV is really before 1 then i'd like to seee Morgan...if he was so good that they had to remove his eyes so he fas famous for sure...sooo maybe he will be playable or sth...It would be cool i thnk... 8)

And I know that's impossible but Tai Ho & Yam Ko are characters that I'd like to see most... :lol:
NAY !!! ^_^
Ska_Kitti

Post by Ska_Kitti »

Well it it's before GS1, Tai Ho and Yam Koo may just be starting their boating life. Perhaps your hero gets them involved with them.
"Oh my! A giant woman."
"What did you just call me?"
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

As a fan I would prefer to see Viktor and Flik make a triumphant return, however that is unlikely. If this game does indeed take place after 1 but before 2 (i.e between 457-460) there is the possibility that Fliktor could be included but that's just the fanboy in me crying out for their return.

I would also like to see the return of the dragon knights most specifically Joshua as I have always been curious about how Konami would utilize the Dragon Rune in battle. The problem with Joshua making an appearence is that previously it has been stated that if the holder of the Dragon rune dies the dragons die so it would be difficult for me to fathom him involving himself in a foreign conflict that could endanger the livelihood of the dragons.

Thirdly I wouldn't be surprised to see Gremio and Tir make a cameo appearence if this takes place between 1-2. Tir did leave with Gremio to broaden his horizons, so I honestly can't see him broadning his horizons by just waiting in Banner for 3 years. Perhaps he made his way to Faleena during this timeframe?

Lastly any returning character would be a pleasant treat for me with the exception of Jeane and Viki as they appear to be genso 'staples.'
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Personally, I think I would say that I would love to see Geddoe make a return but we already have a bad ass with an eypatch. Though he would very much be a possibility because he wondered for a very long time before he joined the Southern Def(which he did between II and III I think).

Plus there is also problem with Luc and him appearing in the same game before III takes place. I don't think they knew each other before III at all because didn't Luc ask who he was at the mantor village? And I think it's much more likely that Luc would show up before him. Luc would probably be my #1 pick anyways because he is my fave. Plus, this is probably my only chance to see him again.

Pesmerga might be cool. I would also like to see a HVG member in there(Elza, Clive ect). Though, I don't know when Elza started to run or if she got as far south the Queendom. I would also enjoy Yuber but probably the only chance to see him is between I and II and I don't think that V will be.

Even though I think a large number are possible, cause it is so close to the original two; I personally think any one of them is unlikely. I think all we will get this time is Georg, Killey, Lorelai, Jeane and Viki.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We might see a grandchild of Bartholomew too, since he went to the QoF at the end of Suikoden IV.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

Maximillian and Sancho - the days when they were still a little younger.
Pesmerga and Yuber - the early duel of the two could be interesting.
Joshua - hope we can see the dragon knights again.
Sierra and Neclord- the coven mistress and the vampire lord sidestory.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Pendergast

Post by Pendergast »

Obviously Pesmerga/Yuber,

Also:

Riou, McDohl, Viktor, Flik would also be prime candidates.
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

I think it would be fun if there was a way to get the hero from S4 to join up with you like you could with McDoudle in S2. He's got a true rune so he could still be around.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
GoletZ

Post by GoletZ »

Skyrocket wrote:I think it would be fun if there was a way to get the hero from S4 to join up with you like you could with McDoudle in S2. He's got a true rune so he could still be around.
I don't think it's that possible...OK so he's got true rune, but living with Rune of Punishmet for about 150 years ? Duh.. Remember it's draining bearers life so you know...
NAY !!! ^_^
LaLaLaVinCE

Post by LaLaLaVinCE »

Hmm...true also, but doesn't it said having a true rune means you will not die? - please correct me if I am wrong. Thankx! :lol:
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

LaLaLaVinCE wrote:Hmm...true also, but doesn't it said having a true rune means you will not die? - please correct me if I am wrong. Thankx! :lol:
Well, if one was to use the Rune of Punishment to its full potential before mastering it (which may take some time), it would probably take your life and transfer itself to another host.

However, if you master the Rune of Punishment you will live a long, long time, perhaps forever, I'm not sure. This meaning of course you take control over the rune and use its power only when needed.

I'm not 100% confident in this answer, although I think most of it is right.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Seeing as the RoP moved into its Forgiveness Phase in the game with all 108 Stars of Destiny alive and well, Lazlo's life wouldn't be drained anymore. The endings with all 108 SoDs have always been the canon endings, so it's probably the same with Suikoden IV too.

Edit: Thanks for the correction, KoyuRedd.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Seeing as the RoP moved into its Atonement Phase in the game with all 108 Stars of Destiny alive and well, Lazlo's life wouldn't be drained anymore. The endings with all 108 SoDs have always been the canon endings, so it's probably the same with Suikoden IV too.
I think you mean Forgiveness. Lazlo experiences the Atonement phase through most of the game.

True Wind Bearer, I think the RoP bearer needs more than use the rune only when needed. Glen did, and look at where it got him.
[evil laugh here]