Characters you would like to see again

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Joveeno

Post by Joveeno »

Ok2...it's my fault...lol

Anyway...even if S5 takes place before S1, we perhaps wouldn't see Genkaku with his Bright Shield Rune...he sealed it away 30 years before S2, that means 27 years before S1 (approx). Back then...Georg will still be a child...

By the way...I've been wondering...where is the legacies of the Silverberg in Suiko5? I don't see them because the tactician is Lucretia, isn't she?
Fred Maximillian

Post by Fred Maximillian »

I want to see Luc again if the timeline in suikoden V between s1 and s2.also Maximillian(there aren't any maximillians in s4) flik,viktor, and maybe neclord (i like the battle song when we fought him for the last time in tinto.
Night

Post by Night »

Fred Maximillian wrote:I want to see Luc again if the timeline in suikoden V between s1 and s2.also Maximillian(there aren't any maximillians in s4) flik,viktor, and maybe neclord (i like the battle song when we fought him for the last time in tinto.
Well no, because Maximillian created the Knights, and IV happened many years before he was born. However, Gary is pretty much a dead cert to be Maximillian's ancestor.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I don't think we will be seeing any of them again, I feel that the story for those characters have been finished, hence why we don't see Fliktor in SIII. Though it would be interesting to see Max found his knights, that is if Gary didn't do that job. I don't think Max was anywhere in Falena.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

One of the characters on the cover artwork bears a symbol that looks very much like the Maximillian crest on her armour though, so I wouldn't be so sure that they won't have some kind of representative party in the Falenan war.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

True enough but not Max I think, also are we sure it isn't part of that Red Bird Clan? Though that Clan and the knights may have a connection we didn't previously know of.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

The woman on the cover of the Suikoden V game on the left with the red hair IS a Maximillian knight. She has the same crest. There's one minor difference...there isn't a small blue circle under it, but Fred didn't have that either. People think she is Fred's mother, or maybe even sister or aunt. But, she is definately a Maximillian knight.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yuki Tenkai wrote:The woman on the cover of the Suikoden V game on the left with the red hair

Could you link to that? I've lost track of where all the screen shots are.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The cover (although distorted) is available for viewing at the main page for Suikoden V. http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/

The girl is not confirmed to be anything, since nobody from Konami has made any comments about her. She is more than likely a Maximillian Knight, but we don't know that for certain.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

LGM wrote:The one area we haven't thought about in characters returning is possible cameo's of big characters as children (eg non selectable). Lilly was a non recruitable character in 2, but became a Star in 3.

I would of thought the whole reason of putting 5 close to the original games would be to use Suikodens popular stories and characters.
Not a bad concept but th only problem comes in that not very many characters from suikoden 1-3 have ties to Falena and they are seemming to appear only as younger adult versions. Depending on exactly what year Suikoden 5 does take place, there won't be many if any characters to fit the age range as well as the common sense to be in falena as a youngster.
Fizadums

Post by Fizadums »

Hmm... I just wanna see Pahn again 8) ... He was awesome if you keep him alive in S1... more for the character appeal though.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

i dont think you would see pahn in V because of the distance between where he is and Falena....plus he probally is young
RalTed

Post by RalTed »

In my opinion, Ted and Luc, as other characters, shouldn't be brought back. People got to understand that characters, just 'cuz they're good and popular, shouldn't be brought again and again. In the cases of Luc and Ted as other characters, their story has had a final, filling end. It would be of harm to their characters to add more story than of what's already been said. If you want to see some of your favorite characters, just play the old games and quit the *character returning this time* speculation that arises when every new suikoden game is announced. (That's for the Pesmerga/Yuber/Chiepoo fans mostly). Live one game at a time and quit the baseless speculations, just 'cuz someone says it Konami won't put the character in the game. For me, these repetitive character speculations are plain silly and most of them, totally wrong...Just enter some forum archives before GSIV was released and you'll see what I mean.
"No esperes de otros lo que de vos depende; porque cruzar las puertas de la vida y caminar tu propio camino depende solo de ti"
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

RalTed wrote:
In my opinion, Ted and Luc, as other characters, shouldn't be brought back. People got to understand that characters, just 'cuz they're good and popular, shouldn't be brought again and again. In the cases of Luc and Ted as other characters, their story has had a final, filling end. It would be of harm to their characters to add more story than of what's already been said. If you want to see some of your favorite characters, just play the old games and quit the *character returning this time* speculation that arises when every new suikoden game is announced. (That's for the Pesmerga/Yuber/Chiepoo fans mostly). Live one game at a time and quit the baseless speculations, just 'cuz someone says it Konami won't put the character in the game. For me, these repetitive character speculations are plain silly and most of them, totally wrong...Just enter some forum archives before GSIV was released and you'll see what I mean.
plus there are resaons for some characters not to return like luc he probally is in training under leknatt and ted is probally nere the mcdoal family and chiepoo is probally dead.....but for yuber well he is in most of the suikoden seris except tactics and IV so it is possible you might see him with windy or something
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

RalTed wrote:In my opinion, Ted and Luc, as other characters, shouldn't be brought back. People got to understand that characters, just 'cuz they're good and popular, shouldn't be brought again and again. In the cases of Luc and Ted as other characters, their story has had a final, filling end. It would be of harm to their characters to add more story than of what's already been said. If you want to see some of your favorite characters, just play the old games and quit the *character returning this time* speculation that arises when every new suikoden game is announced. (That's for the Pesmerga/Yuber/Chiepoo fans mostly). Live one game at a time and quit the baseless speculations, just 'cuz someone says it Konami won't put the character in the game. For me, these repetitive character speculations are plain silly and most of them, totally wrong...Just enter some forum archives before GSIV was released and you'll see what I mean.
you cant say that about pesmerga and yuber since them coming back makes sense because there story hasnt been resolved yet