Characters you would like to see again

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

Ahhh.... ok. i'm still waiting for the US release.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

SuikoCrimson108 wrote:Ahhh.... ok. i'm still waiting for the US release.
It came out last week. :?
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

Guys, i have a question for all of you. Out of a scale of 0% to 100%, what are the chances of Sierra appearing in Suiko V?
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

I'll say 10%. Personally I don't think I'm ready to see her again.

Killey and Lorelai look amazing in 3D. Viki's change in clothing is nice too. You can find their scans at Suikox
[evil laugh here]
LGM

Post by LGM »

Personally I think this game is intentionally tied to Suiko 1 and 2 to give the fans what they want. The return of a fan favorite (Pesmerga/Yuber, Clive, Viktor, Humphrey, Luc/Windy/Leknaat, Neclord/Sierra, etc), would keep people interested, plus open new opportunities in the future. Disney doesn't just discard Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck because they've already had a lot of films about them; why should Suikoden discard the popular past?

Just because there is no logical reason for a character to be in Falena, doesn't mean they won't be there. Video games are supposed to be fun. And RPG's are supposed to be like good books: lots of drama and surprises. in 2 the most exciting moments were to enter a house and see a familiar tucked down in a corner. An old character is also fleshed out. They have history already, which makes it a lot easier to identify with them.

I do ask though; is Morgan a fan favorite? I honestly can't remember including him in a party once.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yes, but even reasonable logic binds what the developers can and can not do within the suikoden world.
I hope everything is going delicious.
cypher

Post by cypher »

some of the characters i would like to see (sorry i havent read this whole thread but i'm lazy at the moment)

Clive but not to be recruited, i want elza, i think it would be kinda nice to harbor her while clive tries to kill her (btw im not sure what the games time period is so this is just my list!)

any silverburg (spl?) i liked them all ^^

pesmerga and yuber... with 3 having yuber and no pesmerga i was a bit upset :(

ted because his story is just great, i think they should seriously think about making him a main charactor again in one of the suikodens to come... much like the first 2 it would be a depressing story (at times)

mcdohl (not the main char but his father) i think that would be quite interesting...

and of course flik and viktor but that will never happen...

another small note is i wish they would go back to the old graphics... i find the newer games are putting too much into graphics and not enough into storyline depth... i mean in the first 2 when something bad happened you basically felt like you were in the story the music was perfectly blended for the moods... in the newer ones i find myself just breezing through the games... i mean i realize that they have to have better graphics to get new faces to buy the game but personally i think the graphics are killing the storylines :/ just my opinion :o~

oh yea this is my first post but ive been reading these forums for a long time just never made an account :P
killey

Post by killey »

Believe it or not it is possible to have good (modern) graphics and a good storyline, they aren't incompatible. The recent suikodens (III, IV and ST) had good graphics (IV's were a bit dull though) and III had a good storyline. The Island Nations versus Kooluk was also a good storyline (note that I didn't just say SIV. SIV's story isn't great unless it is tied in with ST's story). So my point is that while I will always like the old graphics, change is good.

And to make this post on topic I want Killey in the game. But he already is, which means I win! :D
koeneloen

Post by koeneloen »

I would like to see Kai again from Suikoden 1. In 1 he was a very strong character if you trained him and his unite with Tir was also the bomb. So maybe they could put him in Suikoden 5 in a slightly younger version without the gray hair :P
zionprophecy

Post by zionprophecy »

Kille you read my mind, the only character i want to return would be killey, and maybe something like fuma or whatever hhis name is, that red nija guy form suikoden 1,(hmm to early to post it feels).My day jsut got better when looking at the jap. poster with Killey in it :D:D:D:D
I never said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce.
PsychoTech-Designs

Post by PsychoTech-Designs »

dude, just let pesmerga be a huge character in any of the new upcoming Suikoden games.....sucks ass he wasn't even mentioned in suiko 3 or 4. They can't just scrap a bad ass character like that and keep only yuber. Also, Killey. ... Killey was one bad mofo since he had 3 open rune slots, Berserk, Double beat, and gale runes was more than enough for him to kill anything.
futanchen

Post by futanchen »

Hell Yeah!! i really want pesmerga in Suikoden 5, and i hope Lazlo(the hero) from suikoden 4 will be in Suikoden 5. maybe by downloading data from suikoden 4 or something, like Tir McDohl in Suikoden 2.
And i also want a younger version of Long Chan Chan in Suiko 5, he's from Southland right? maybe from Falena, i think... :?
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

LGM wrote:I do ask though; is Morgan a fan favorite? I honestly can't remember including him in a party once.
I liked Morgan, but he wasn't in my party for very long. I wouldn't mind seeing him again (no pun intended X_X). If there's going to be gladitorial fights, then we'll probably see him, probably as a non star this time around. I think I read somewhere that he lost his sight because he was a gladitorial fighter, but I'm not sure.

Obviously, not all Suikoden characters of Falenan decent are going to be in the game, but they do seem to be people's favorites. (Lorelai, Killey, Georg Prime, etc) There may be a few suprises in this game concerning characters in past games from falena that we won't see coming. You never know.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Remo

Post by Remo »

I wouldn't be suprised if Hellion will show up in Suikoden 5. It would explain why did she had a Blinking Mirror in S1. After all Lepant had Blinking Mirror because he fought during Gate Rune Wars, so Hellion could have because she fought during war in Falena.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

LGM wrote:Personally I think this game is intentionally tied to Suiko 1 and 2 to give the fans what they want. The return of a fan favorite (Pesmerga/Yuber, Clive, Viktor, Humphrey, Luc/Windy/Leknaat, Neclord/Sierra, etc), would keep people interested, plus open new opportunities in the future. Disney doesn't just discard Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck because they've already had a lot of films about them; why should Suikoden discard the popular past?

Just because there is no logical reason for a character to be in Falena, doesn't mean they won't be there. Video games are supposed to be fun. And RPG's are supposed to be like good books: lots of drama and surprises. in 2 the most exciting moments were to enter a house and see a familiar tucked down in a corner. An old character is also fleshed out. They have history already, which makes it a lot easier to identify with them.

I do ask though; is Morgan a fan favorite? I honestly can't remember including him in a party once.
There is a difference between discarding a degree of belief and simply going for a cheap gimmick. Suikoden existing in the same world and on a continuous timeline makes it difficult to simply toss in random characters from other games into the plot. Many of the so called fan favorites have backstory and thus are generally tied to one region or another for whatever time period.

To reasonably and logically incorporate any of the suikoden 1/2 characters into this setting they have to actually seem like it would belong In the case of Killey and Lorelai and George and such it makes perfect sense since they have ties directly to falena. A character who is known for exploring all over the planet would also fit into a far away land scenario with few hesitations.

However, if one game suggests that so and so was involved in this incident on such and such continent at this time or if they simply have not been born yet/too young to be able to reasonably contribute to an army then it will seem like Konami is just trying to compensate other issues bu putting in senseless characters for nostalgia value.