Characters you would like to see again

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Agreed on the Yuber/Pes not being resolved yet, though I wonder if it ever will. Characters like Ted and Luc are done, however what of Apple and Futch? Would we say their stories are done or is there room for them in the future? (clearly not in S5, so forgive me for bringing them up)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm not sure why people feel as if Luc cannot come back, since he most certainly can. If Leknaat reprises her role as the woman that gives you the Stone Tablet of Promise, Luc might also come, as he did in the first two games. He also might be cheerful and goofy, much as he was in the first game, since GSV will be around that time.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Maybe they could show what happened to cause him to change so drastically.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
RalTed

Post by RalTed »

What I mean by the Yuber/Pes reference is that everytime a new game comes out, the theme of their returning arises, just wait until Konami says they will indeed some day make an appearance. It has been made clear that, by the original Konami plans, their feud/purpose/history will be resolved in the final installment. That is, if the current, or next, staff sticks to the Murayama plot.
"No esperes de otros lo que de vos depende; porque cruzar las puertas de la vida y caminar tu propio camino depende solo de ti"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

RalTed wrote:What I mean by the Yuber/Pes reference is that everytime a new game comes out, the theme of their returning arises, just wait until Konami says they will indeed some day make an appearance. It has been made clear that, by the original Konami plans, their feud/purpose/history will be resolved in the final installment. That is, if the current, or next, staff sticks to the Murayama plot.
its already confirmed by kawano, they WILL resolve yuber and pesmerga's story in future installments, even without murayama or his idea's
Shu~

Post by Shu~ »

I suppose it's will be a very very very hot moments when this will appear :p.
Like a big fight :).
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

It wouldn't hurt to bring Luc back. We know his story from Suikoden 1 to 3, but not before that very much. I wouldn't mind seeing how he got in association with Leknaat. And yes, he did seem more happy and quirky in Suikoden I, compared to Suikoden II. I would also like to see how he learned of his origin, and how he met Sarah. We all know how these things happened, but I would like to see it in a game.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

But the meeting with Sarah took place after S2. Given the approximate timeframe for S5, that won't work.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I was just saying that Luc's story could be shown more, but not specifically in Suikoden 5. It wouldn't hurt for him to be in s5, though. But, if Dzerassa takes Luc's star, then obviously not.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
djeff

Post by djeff »

I WANT SOLON JHEE BACK

and I know it CAN'T happen, yes.

I'd like to meet Rikimaru again. And Bob.
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

I wouldn't mind seeing Luc again... At first, I was against it, but I get the impression that Suikoden 5 will be the last Suikoden that Luc will be able to feasibly appear in. Another Suikoden game taking place between the time frame of Suikoden 5 and Suikoden 1 seems unfeasible and unlikely to me, so I wouldn't have any problems with Luc's reappearance.

Likewise, I wouldn't have a problem wtih Neclord's return, but as long as he's not included as a part of the main storyline. What I mean to say is, if I were to include Neclord, I'd probably make an optional dungeon where he might be trying to marry someone who could turn out to be a Star of Destiny if you decide to save her. I haven't thought about how I would handle the part where he would get kicked out of Falena, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mazus/Crowley/Piccolo, though. But not both Crowley and Mazus, unless you had the chance to pick one (they share the same star and all). Piccolo claims to be a student of Crowley, so if what he says is true, I think it'd be cool for him to return with Crowley.

I'd like Genshu to appear. I assume he's a travelling swordsman, after all, and I can't imagine him appearing in a Suikoden taking place after Suikoden 2's timeline.

Here're a list of characters that I would like to show up, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if they don't:

Hero IV (Lazlo)
Kyril
Chandler
Morgan

And here're the list of characters that can feasibly show up but I might cringe if too many on this list make a reappearance (not because I don't like them, but I'd feel like they're showing up just for the sake of showing up):
One of the residents of Qlon Temple
Kanak/Leonardo (I would prefer only one of them to show up)
Hellion
Fukien
Tenkou
Mace
Kamandol
Kai
Kessler
Castilho

Post by Castilho »

All these guys, some are dead, but whatever:

1 - Luca Blight (He is unique)

2 - Grenseal (He is cool, he never left my S1's Party)

3 - Shu (That's THE strategist, I like he better than all the other, even Mathiu)

4 - Crowley (The greatest Mage ever :D)

5 - Tyr McDohl (The Best of all Heroes ^^)

6 - Humphrey (What a Defenseeeee ^^ He is nice, don't talk to much)

7 - Viktor (Yeah, I kinda like him anyways...he's very fun)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Seriously, could someone explain how this isn't breaking the rules?
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

I too find it funny that this makes it in to 14 pages of favorites and my little simple question of who might make an appearance gets shut down with not 1 chance of a reply. ha ha (holding my stomach) ha ha 8)
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Seriously, could someone explain how this isn't breaking the rules?
Originally this topic was about returning characters. It had been assumed these would be based on actual possible returning characters with reasons why they could be in the game etc. Not just a "I love Luca Blight so he should be in it, even if he's not born yet". Which is what it has turned into. We pretty much know the returning characters now anyway. This topic no longer serves a purpose.

And FYI, being passive-aggressive really isn't helpful WRB. If you have a comment about moderating please PM one of the moderators directly.

*locked*