When does Suikoden 5 take place?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Sasarai is cute wrote:I always viewed Georg as a real good guy. A fatherly figure.

I hope Suikoden 5 won't shatter my illusions.
The way the story could turn out, that just might shatter those illusions.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

patapi wrote:If you watch the Gamespot trailer (or Konami's 7 minute trailer), then you can see Georg in his S2's costume with the eyepatch. His earlier costume is the Knights' uniform.

About his age, he was 41 during Dunan Unification War. There's a good 14 years between the Succession War and Suikoden II. It is said that he looked like he was in his 30's in the trailers, so post-Succession sounds more likely.

He also made references to how he once served the court before coming to Falena, which is quite possibly a reference to his recent service in Scarlet Moon Empire.
You may be right, but I'll go with my gut feeling for now. To me, he looks to be in his early twenties from the trailer. Also, his profile on this site makes it sound as if the Falena incident happened before the succession wars:
suikosource wrote:Georg Prime (Teni Star)
Origin: Queendom of Falena
Position: Ex-General
Events: Succession War, Dunan Unification War
Georg was once a Queen's Knight in the kingdom of Falena, but was blamed to have murdered the queen and became a fugitive (He really did kill her though). Since then, he became the leader of the Ebony Moon Knights in the Grasslands, and then was recruited by Barbarossa Rugner as one of his Six Great Generals during the Succession War. After the Succession War was over, he left because he had "fulfilled his promise." He then fought against Highland during the Dunan Unification Wars. He is one of the best swordsman known in the lands.
Hero of Punishment

Post by Hero of Punishment »

When did Georg get the eye-patch? It's on his left eye, and his portrait in Suikoden II is from the left side. Also, his sprite doesn't have a patch... Could this game be after Suikoden II?
~The Rune of Punishment can never fall into another's hand, for if it does, the cycle of Atonement will continue again...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hero of Punishment wrote:When did Georg get the eye-patch? It's on his left eye, and his portrait in Suikoden II is from the left side. Also, his sprite doesn't have a patch... Could this game be after Suikoden II?
No, its not after Suikoden II. It's impossible for it to be. The eyepatch is simply Georg Prime's sense of style, so to speak. He's not blind, he simply wears it because he wants to. He was wearing the same eye patch when he served Barbarossa and also in the Genso Suikoden 1 Instruction Manual.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Hero of Punishment

Georg is in the Suikoden 1 manual? What page???

Edit: Is it on page one?
I see Teo McDohl in front, to his right in Kwanda Roseman, the left is Kasim Hazel, directly behind is Milich Openheimer or whatever the fruit's name is, then two unknowns behind Milich. The one to the right and behind of Teo has short hair and looks really young, but holds a sword (doesn't Sonya Shulen use a naginata type weapon and have long hair?), and a dude to the left Sonya has an eye-patch and a really, really big sword. That's Georg Prime? Looks... Funkier then he did in Suikoden II, but not really younger... Hm...
Last edited by Hero of Punishment on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~The Rune of Punishment can never fall into another's hand, for if it does, the cycle of Atonement will continue again...
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hero of Punishment wrote:Georg is in the Suikoden 1 manual? What page???
Yes, he's with the other 5 generals.
I hope everything is going delicious.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

Yeah Ive seen that too. He's got an eyepatch back there but his clothes is different from the Suikoden 5.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I still haven't seen this picture. Does anybody have a link to it? The one with Georg, Barbarossa and the other generals.
Hero of Punishment

It's been 100% confirmed that's Georg Prime? I mean, there are a lot of pictures that just don't make sense in the Suikoden 1 manual... Like the picture that looks like Cleo kneeling before Windy. It could very well be him, I just don't think an intruction booklet is really that great of a source. Konami has confirmed the man with the eye-patch to be Georg Prime?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Hero of Punishment wrote:The one to the right and behind of Teo has short hair and looks really young, but holds a sword (doesn't Sonya Shulen use a naginata type weapon and have long hair?)...
That's her mother Kilawher Schulen. Together, the six of them make up the Six Great Generals that fought by Barbarosa's side in the Succession War.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:I still haven't seen this picture. Does anybody have a link to it? The one with Georg, Barbarossa and the other generals.
I'd like to see it too, since it isn't in the PAL booklet
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Could it be Georg is using the eyepatch in Suikoden V as a disguise? Perhaps every job he takes he looks a little different as to not be recognized afterwards. Either that or it was a minor injury since his eye looks normal in Suikoden II.

EDIT: Also, on Suikox.com, SARSadmin writes that Georg's history is backwards. First he served in the Sucession War, then the Grasslands, and then finally in Falena. He also sets the death of the Queen in 458. So if Suikoden V's plot involves the death of the Queen then that is the year the game takes place.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Is it confirmed for sure that that IS Georg Prime? when the Prince,and another character and him were in a coliseeum arena, it looked like he had on Georg's clothes from II.

Also one of the Queen's guys lookslike it could be Morgan, the guy who hugs the hero once he has returned.

I can only speculate that that could be possibly Morgan, Morgan DID once have a sword, and was infact a formidable swordsman according to the info here at Suikosource.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

First off allow me to introduce myself. Im a long time fan of the Suikoden Series since Suikoden 2. I have been a regular dweller through these boards since around 2001.... I think, yet I never took the time to sign up. I am quite well-versed in the rich history of the series and I hope to intelligently contribute to the discussion that happens here.

/wave :)

Anyhow on to the topic.

I must agree with the majority on this topic, that the timeframe of this game is somewhere between the Succession and Dunan unification wars, simply due to the fact that Georg Prime is present. I would also have to assume that this takes place around 457-459. (somewhere in that general area) Georg would need some time to get to and from the grasslands after the Succession Wars hence the later time period.

This is the most reasonable conclusion that we can reach however,- and this is pure speculation mind you,- if Konami decides to conveniently forget Killey's involvement with Georg it is quite possible that this could take place in the distant past and Georg may have come into contact with one of the three true runes that have been confirmed (right?) for Suikoden V. Highly unlikely due to Killey but Konami has been known to step over a few crucial facts at times.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:Is it confirmed for sure that that IS Georg Prime? when the Prince,and another character and him were in a coliseeum arena, it looked like he had on Georg's clothes from II.
As has been said before, that is infact Georg Prime. Fans of the series reported that they played the demo at the TGS and one of the characters that looks like a younger Georg Prime was usable and his name was "Georg Prime". The fact that this man wears Georg's clothes points this out as well. The "Cheesecake" in his inventory also points to this.
TheBoundlessDream wrote:Also one of the Queen's guys lookslike it could be Morgan, the guy who hugs the hero once he has returned.

I can only speculate that that could be possibly Morgan, Morgan DID once have a sword, and was infact a formidable swordsman according to the info here at Suikosource.
Nope, that's Felid, captain of the Queen's Knights and father of the Hero.