Speculation on Official Info Announcement

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

George’s fighting style stems from his nickname “Swordsmaster Who Completes The Task In One Slash" so he uses battou-jutsu.
ゲオルグの戦闘スタイルは「二太刀いらずのゲオルグ」の異名から、日本の剣術でいうところの「抜刀術」としました。

I believe The original title in Japanese is more like "George who does not need two/dual longsword/broadsword." It didn't quite make sense to me, so I edited it, as you can see.

Also, it makes me wonder what the difference between iaijutsu and battoujutsu is. Are they synonyms of each other?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Did anyone manage to access the following link?
http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs_test/genso ... 00301.html
It was on King's blog. 2と5ではどちらが強い? 2005.11.15 Tuesday

Sorry I posted the wrong link. It is updated now.
Last edited by Basel on Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Works fine for me.
I hope everything is going delicious.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

However, the 3-minute opening of the movie on the official site and the DVD that came with the game magazine are being edited again for North America, it may become an entirely different thing. The true full version has been revealed only at TGS2K5.
In fact, it’s so cute you’ve never seen anything like it, but it had been projected on the main site, so I’ll hold off on it. But I’ll definitely reveal it. It’s a promise!
Seeing that they kinda make no sense, those are two places I might have misinterpreted and mistranslated.
Basel

Post by Basel »

dragonmasterx wrote:We goofed up with Lion’s words. We have an exclamation mark instead of an ellipsis at the end of her statement. Those who didn’t notice, watch it again.(laughs)
And laugh to your heart’s content. Sorry! We put in way too much effort with the end of Rion’s words.
Who are Lion and Rion?
dragonmasterx wrote:In fact, it’s so cute you’ve never seen anything like it, but it had been projected on the main site, so I’ll hold off on it. But I’ll definitely reveal it. It’s a promise!
I am not sure but it looks like he is refering to the gift that he received from the staff and not to the promotion movie.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Basel wrote:Who are Lion and Rion?
Rionne.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Basel wrote:Who are Lion and Rion?
Rionne.
Are you sure? If Lion and Rion refer to Rionne then dragonmasterx would write Rionne rather than Lion and Rion.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Konami hasn't set the English names in stone yet. We can romanize names however we want to. But yea Rionne sounds good, perhaps I should change it to that.
killey

Post by killey »

With what you've just translated of King's Blog DMX, is it meant to be Sun Rune or did the director actually write Sun Moon?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Isn't that an oxymoron to say Sun Moon? Are we really getting another Duality rune story?
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Thanks for the correction.
killey

Post by killey »

:D No problem, last thing we need is people posting theories on the mysterious Sun Moon!

Appreciate the translations DMX, someone should write in japanese at the king's blog site for a remix of Battlefield Without Light for SV, I posted on Sundays one in english so I'll doubt it will be bothered with and I didn't know at the time that the guy was asking for any requests (I hope King does write about Killey).

Off Topic: Nice job on "Luca Blight's Childhood" what you've translated sounds really good.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

This is a picture I have borne all these years.
I've no idea what that means. Maybe he means he poured out all the emotion pent up these past few years to draw the pic, or something like that.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Leknaat's new costume... what an unexpected makeover.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

patapi wrote:Leknaat's new costume... what an unexpected makeover.
Horrible, but I feel it still suits this game. Oh well, at least my box-cover expectations were true: a Suikoden II-like cover! :P
[evil laugh here]