Speculation on Official Info Announcement

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Champion Rune is no-encounter rune, but it only stops you from encountering lower level enemies, that don't contribute much in terms of EXP anyway.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

So for that memory card file, the name is preset as 王子/Prince and it starts at the first save point with the Champion Rune.

Just using Pro Action Replay or whatever cheat device is popular with Japanese players is more efficient since you can choose any name and still get the Champion Rune by the first save point, provided you know what site to check for Japanese cheat codes(I don't).
NichtWahr

Post by NichtWahr »

Unless I'm reading too much into things, this memory-card bonus implies that there won't be an import-an-earlier-game-save option at the beginning of Suikoden V -- otherwise, they would've had to choose a name for the previous hero(es), as well. (Now I wonder how long it'll take before people say that 'Falshe' IS the official name for Suikoden V's hero...)
At any rate, I'm amused by King's comment on Suikoden I's 'overseas' packaging. It was kind of, uh, unique, wasn't it?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

NichtWahr wrote:Unless I'm reading too much into things, this memory-card bonus implies that there won't be an import-an-earlier-game-save option at the beginning of Suikoden V -- otherwise, they would've had to choose a name for the previous hero(es), as well.
Not necessarily. This bonus save could easily be made up of a data without data transfer. In other words, you either choose between the Champion rune or the transfer bonus.
(Now I wonder how long it'll take before people say that 'Falshe' IS the official name for Suikoden V's hero...)
If the novel-only "Lazlo" went into use pretty much immediately, I don't see why a name that's published on the official site shouldn't. ;)
Basel

Post by Basel »

King Blog Jan-21-2006 wrote:Accordingly, the name is already picked and it can’t be changed mid-game. Unfortunately, the name “Konami” would be quite unfitting, so we assigned the name “Prince” for this product. From Arshetat and Felid, it’s “Falshe.” It’s not the Prince’s official name, but we’re still wondering if it should be changed for strategy guides and such.
Why did they mention "Falshe" if they had already decided "Prince" to be the name of Hero V? :?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Aweome news that Suikoden I+II psp is coming out overseas.
Basel

Post by Basel »

himurokoken wrote:Aweome news that Suikoden I+II psp is coming out overseas.
Could you post the link for the PSP news? The one in King blog. I'm currently at work and King Blog is blocked here. :cry:
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

”Faluush" is just a name Konami chose to give the hero within the bonus save game data. They say in the blog that this is not an "official" name. However, it's probably a good name to use when referring to the hero.

Also, the PSP version release info is not true. The Blog makes it confusing by somehow linking to the official PSP version site, but he's only talking about how suikoden 1 has been released outside Japan, and that the US version had a strange CD cover.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Thanks Sars for clarifying things out :).
Magus Eternal

Post by Magus Eternal »

So would Faluush be a better translation of the name than Falshe. I know the name is just a combination of Felid's and Areshtat's names as it says in the blog.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I complained to them that people are misinterpreting the blog. They seem to have fixed the link though, it now directs to the official Suikoden 1 page.
Basel

Post by Basel »

The links for the new wallpapers have the names shu and lyon for Hero V and Rionne respectively. Shu could be the official name for Hero V. It sounds much better than Faluush or Falshe.
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/wa ... _shu_m.jpg
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/wa ... lyon_m.jpg
Luther

Post by Luther »

Hello, I am a french player of Suikoden, and I think ファルーシュ is a katakana transcription for the french word "farouche" that means timid or shy for a child, or fierce, savage... for a warrior.

Please excuse me if my english is poor.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

Where did this Faluush and Falshe stuff come from?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's from the King's blog.
The links for the new wallpapers have the names shu and lyon for Hero V and Rionne respectively. Shu could be the official name for Hero V. It sounds much better than Faluush or Falshe.
Shu is short for "shujinkou", meaning "main character". This is the one official name for all Suikoden silent protagonists to date. Unfortunately, it's not a name.