Speculation on Official Info Announcement

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
jainsafel
Elite Member

Post by jainsafel »

Sorry about that dmx... I was a bit fuzzy-headed and mis-counted the days, and so did 2/2 by mistake. :oops: I realized it was the wrong day only after I had finished it, and went ahead and posted it in the hopes that you hadn't started to work on it. I'm so sorry! To make up for it, I'll do tomorrow's entry as well, OK? (I'm still nibbling away at the older ones I missed too, so there may be a lot of retro postings in a week or so...)

As for O-parts as Holy Grail, I was just trying to give some sort of sense of a rare artifact without having to make any footnotes or anything :). Sometimes (sometimes?) I can be kinda lazy...

Aaand - as for the faucet thing - it seems he was having trouble getting the faucet to convert from a bath to a shower. He was trying to turn the handle, but finally realized that he was supposed to pull it instead. I've had the same problem with unfamilar bathtub faucets, I'm embarrassed to admit!
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

jainsafel wrote:
Sometimes (sometimes?) I can be kinda lazy...
Not as lazy as me. I've been using some pretty bad grammar, and I'm too lazy to proofread.

2/4 King Blog wrote:
Furthermore, each formation has its own ‘formation technique.’
It can only be used once per battle, but depending on how you use it, it has the potential to turn the tables on a disadvantageous situation.
They come in many different stripes, such as unleashing a powerful attack, or restoring all your health, ect., you please use them to aid the prince.
In one of the trailers, all six members attacked a single enemy at once. I thought it was a unite attack, but it might be one of these formation techniques.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The one with all members charging the Sun King looking enemy is probably one of those 'formation techniques' too.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Most likely, depending on which characters are in your present party and which formation you choose, the unites will be different. Some of them may work with any formation, however.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Basel

Post by Basel »

DMX and Jainsafel translation of King Blog 02/05 wrote: The crown on Mother’s head has a very cool design, but just how is it attached?
I wondered that myself at first, but on her creation drawing was written the stage direction “it floats,” so I went “oh it floats, just like I thought” and stopped thinking about it.

It’s surely a very important item handed down in the royal family from time out of mind, so I guess it’s exhibiting some sort of special power…
I have been thinking about the crown for a long time now and after reading the translation I got more worried about possible influence the crown might have on this game. The crown floats so it might be the True Sun Rune power but wait it is a treasure passed down from generation so the True Sun Rune might be out of question here. Could it be that the crown has its own power? :?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I thought the Crown WAS the Sun Rune.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I don't like calling Suikoden wildlife "it." It feels like I'm disrespecting them. So I asked on King Blog whether Flail is male or female. Hopefully, he answers in a comments to comments.

EDIT: Boy, my comment's still not up. King Blog is soooooooo slow. I think he'll never see it at this point.
---
It's nice to translate an entry that's completely about gameplay and contains little nonsense rambling for once.

I found it interesting that they call the war system "Real-Time Simulation" in the blog. I believe in English, we call games like Warcraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires "Real-Time Strategy."
---
King Blog wrote:
■This may be an odd thing to say, but I noticed that the Queen has the breasts of a mother, but her sister has the breasts of an unmarried, young woman. It’s a great touch.
I think so too!!!
I noticed it because I’m a father of two. It really is great.
Is anyone familiar with the female breast? How does one determine whether a woman is a mother or not from the breasts?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

■I have a question: in V, will we be able to change the prince’s name on our second go-around?

No, you won’t.

Director Sakiyama’s reasoning is:
“The prince of the second and further go-arounds is still the same prince.”

I think it’s because he wants to have each save data slot to have the life of the same and single prince. He wants you to think that when you start a game for the first time, you’re not just naming a character, but naming a human being.

However, you will be able to change your stronghold’s and X’s name in mid-story. (laugh)
This would mean that there will be a new game plus feature, right? That's what I'm gathering, at least.
Basel

Post by Basel »

dragonmasterx wrote:EDIT: Boy, my comment's still not up. King Blog is soooooooo slow. I think he'll never see it at this point.
I tried to post four times but non of them got posted. I even tried to send them an email but with no avail. :cry:
Jowy Atreides wrote:This would mean that there will be a new game plus feature, right? That's what I'm gathering, at least.
You are right I remember that it was mentioned before. Just like the Japanese releases of III and IV. I do not think the US release of III has a reply option.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Hppefully you can keep your armor or weapon upgrades in the new game +. That was the one thing missing from Suikoden IV.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
jainsafel
Elite Member

Post by jainsafel »

dragonmasterx wrote:It's nice to translate an entry that's completely about gameplay and contains little nonsense rambling for once.
Amen to that! When I did the previous entry about the battle formations, it really was a relief. Straightforward *and* relevant! Joy!
Basel

Post by Basel »

DMX and Jainsafel translation of King Blog on 2/11 wrote:Hi, I’m General Manager(GM).
I want to explain points fans are concerned about. Last time in the post about the formation system, someone commented “seems complex.”
It is the GM here :shock:
Konami is truely concerned about this release of the series. :D
DMX and Jainsafel translation of King Blog on 2/11 wrote:Serious events that can affect the Prince’s fate are wars.
The game is looking better and better with each piece of information released. Could it be that if your army is severely injured you might not be able to move it in 2 or 3 weeks. Otherwise, Lucretia might advice you to free another city the next morning.
Laggardly

Post by Laggardly »

dragonmasterx wrote:
I found it interesting that they call the war system "Real-Time Simulation" in the blog. I believe in English, we call games like Warcraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires "Real-Time Strategy."
---
King Blog wrote:
■This may be an odd thing to say, but I noticed that the Queen has the breasts of a mother, but her sister has the breasts of an unmarried, young woman. It’s a great touch.
I think so too!!!
I noticed it because I’m a father of two. It really is great.
Is anyone familiar with the female breast? How does one determine whether a woman is a mother or not from the breasts?
King isn't refering to the breasts of the Queen or her sister despite the fact that he says he is talking about their breasts.

He's refering to the way they are dressed. The Queen, although having a character design almost certainly designed for fanservice, is dressed modestly. When King says, "The Queen has the breasts of a mother," King means that her clothes are entirely covering her breasts. Sialeeds has a great deal of cleavage in her character design. Hence the Queen having breasts like a mother and her sister having breasts like a single women. It's more or less based on the idea that someone would dress more modestly after they are married than before they are married.

The phrase itself is oddly written so I am assuming this particular variant might be something of a minor Japanese euphemism.

The improved war simulation seems like it is an mix of the rock, paper, scissors wars of Suikoden and the character based Suikoden III wars. I am looking forward to how it plays out. Although I wonder how much a battle could hurt the Prince's war efforts.

There has been a lot said about the multiple paths you can take within Suikoden V but usually having different paths for the character to take doesn't materialize the way we are told. It would be great if Suikoden V wasn't as linear as the usual RPG.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

It all sounds so complex, but I like it. I can't wait to hear more about the war battles and the "several paths" you can take in the game. I wonder, though, if it's just paths like in Suikoden II, where you can choose one character or the other, or like when you choose to run away with Nanami or not. I hope it's something like that, because I always choose the thing I didn't choose in the first game when I play it a second time around. It adds more action to the game, rather than just going through the preset storyline.

Also, hopefully there's more side quests. I don't think I've heard anything about those yet.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Basel

Post by Basel »

Yuki Tenkai wrote: Also, hopefully there's more side quests. I don't think I've heard anything about those yet.
According to King there are some side quests in Suikoden V. :)