Connections from past games and theories

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Could be an identity purpose?
Mo' like eye-dentity purpose 8)..........Sorry, couldn't resist.
Grubbs

Post by Grubbs »

This is a long shot... but maybe he's so powerful that the queen ordered him to wear it? They did it to Morgan, and in a female dominated society he might have been forced to wear it so he wouldn't appear too much more powerful than his female counterparts in the royal knights.
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

Now that I read Morgan's bio and your post, I'm thinking we have ourselves a Chian Star.
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Grubbs wrote:This is a long shot... but maybe he's so powerful that the queen ordered him to wear it? They did it to Morgan, and in a female dominated society he might have been forced to wear it so he wouldn't appear too much more powerful than his female counterparts in the royal knights.
That wouldn't explain it since he was wearing it before he went to Falena. He also wore it when he served under SME.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

All this stuff on the side is too much, I feel as if it might ruin the story. Already knowing that George Prime kills the Queen is the biggest damn spoiler yet. :?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, Konami probably has the loosest lips I've ever seen! Revealing the deaths of some of the key characters from Rhapsodia in their trailers isn't very smart, either, or revealing that Felid is the Hero's father. I'm suprised they haven't posted a text file on their Rhapsodia and Genso Suikoden Five sites explaining the entire plot for us. There's sure to be many more twists in these games than the ones we currently know about, but they should still at least attempt to keep them under wraps.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

If anyone else finds out anything new about the main characters of Suikoden V. PLEASE, label it as as a spoiler, or at least give us some sort of warning.

I don't want this story spoiled as much as it already has been!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Einlanzer wrote:If anyone else finds out anything new about the main characters of Suikoden V. PLEASE, label it as as a spoiler, or at least give us some sort of warning.

I don't want this story spoiled as much as it already has been!
I understand how you feel, but the only way you'll be able to avoid Suikoden V spoilers is to stay out of the Suikoden V forums because there will always be inconsiderate people who'll go out of their way, or simply not heed your request, and ruin some aspect of the game for you.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Of course, if you give substansial reasoning for the restrictions you want, you could probably convince Red Killey to force people to mark their spoilers. Well, you might not even have to give that much reasoning, since the reasoning behind marking spoilers is a given. It's hardly uncommon for forums to force their users to mark spoilers for a new title, especially when some users obviously don't want to be spoiled.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:I understand how you feel, but the only way you'll be able to avoid Suikoden V spoilers is to stay out of the Suikoden V forums because there will always be inconsiderate people who'll go out of their way, or simply not heed your request, and ruin some aspect of the game for you.
I mean, I still want to learn what's going on with the battle system and map, and just other in game things. I just meant that when it's something that determines most of the game's story.. please at least mark it spoiler once. If not, well then that's ok. I don't make the rules around here. I will just be careful.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

One important thing everyone is forgetting, if SV is indeed, before II, then its safe to assume the hero isn't even considered an heir as the country is still called the Queendom after these events.

As for Morgan, it would be awesome to see him return, but I was pretty sure he told Tir he has been blind from birth, even though he sees better than most. Has it been confirmed that the Queendom had him blinded?

As for the timeline, I'd be happy if it just falls into current continuity. I mean, SIV seemed to be an experiment to get the game away from what it had been originally. Obviously, that failed.

As for plot twists...I don't think knowing Georg killed the Queen is that big of an idea. If we look at previous games, SI was a revolution, SII and SIII fended off invasions and SIV...well, I'm not sure it had a plot. Anyway, it could be possible that Georg kills the Queen early in the game. This could set off a Civil War over who has rights to throne, the hero's younger sister or maybe a sister of the Queen. We haven't had a Civil War yet, I don't consider SI a civil war, as it was more of a revolutionary movement. That could also explain why Georg stays in the country during the battle and open the way for the hero to battle the main villain at the end w/o Georg taking the glory. Just my thoughts.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

jonathan_priest wrote:As for Morgan, it would be awesome to see him return, but I was pretty sure he told Tir he has been blind from birth, even though he sees better than most. Has it been confirmed that the Queendom had him blinded?
This was probably something Morgan did to not bring up his past, since it's a fact that he was indeed blinded at the QoF for his skill in the gladitorial arena.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I think it's most likely that when Konami made SI, they had indeed meant for Morgan to have been blind from birth, but afterwards changed their story and had him blinded by the Queendom, and what he told Tir upon recruitment was just to avoid any suspicions or such like.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Why would they have meant for Morgan to have been blinded from birth? I'm confused as to what gave you the notion of that. But, yes, Morgan was blinded by the management of the Gladiator Games so I guess you could say that was the Queendom's doing. He became too good of a Gladiator that they had to give the orther participants a handicap in order to make the games more profitable and entertaining.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

demon eye wrote:Why would they have meant for Morgan to have been blinded from birth?
Perhaps because they didn't plan on expanding on Falena that much until now.

I still think this is before Suikoden I. I guess it's more based on hope because if it's between I and II, that means we'll have Luc back. Eeeek!!!