Connections from past games and theories

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

demon eye wrote:Why would they have meant for Morgan to have been blinded from birth? I'm confused as to what gave you the notion of that.
My money's on the fact that that's what he says when you recruit him in Suikoden I. :roll:

EDIT: Typo
Tyrantblade

Aye.

Post by Tyrantblade »

Morgan does indeed tell you that he was born without sight in the first game. Since it's one of the two or three lines he actually says, I recall that one quite well.

If I was to tender a guess as to why he says that, I'd put my money on Konami changing the story for the English language release. Being blinded in combat may have seemed a little....gruesome to them.

Heck, they did it with Kasios. One of the old books refers to him as a girl. Gender confusion? Nah, it was probably just easier to change him into a girl than explain why he looked so feminine. Changing the storylines is commonplace when translating games to english unfortunately.
Irish people play games too. We just do it while drinking stout and talking to our pet leprechauns, that's all.
Faust

Post by Faust »

On the Morgan's "lie" about his blindness:

I have a friend who moved away recently who is blind. She used to tell people she was blind from birth if they asked as the usual response to this is "they've never known anything else, it's ok!". She'd actually only been blind since her early teens, just a decade ago. I only found it out recently also, from another friend closer to her. People just don't like sympathy sometimes. Rambling a bit, but maybe Morgan didn't want to be all "HELP MY EYES HELP" and burden the hero with lots of past "my eyes were put out by slavers" stuff. I don't tell my associates absolutely everything about myself either, and I'm sure everyone here has secrets they'd prefer others not knowing hehe.

OR yeah, it may be the whole "Konami saving their ass" thing. However, as the Suikoverse exists outside our own Universe, it exists outside of our timeframe too. The creators of this can change a character's intention for saying what he said in the blink of an eye, and lo - it always has been changed hehe. They're the storymakers and if they've changed something in the past I'd prefer to think of it as a "revelation" rather than a "fixer".
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

Off topic but.... Kasios is a guy? :shock:
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

yes, Kasios is a guy.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Okay, try not to go to a too long conversation when it comes to trivial matters like emoticon meaning, please? *grumbles at the time to delete all the pointless posts now*

If you have a certain issue with certain member, bring it to PM. I don't mind having trivial posts once in a while, but I'm deeply annoyed if it goes to 5+ posts without having any on-topic related posts.

Try not to repeat, thank you.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
chibi viki

Post by chibi viki »

just a question on georg though...

looking at georg of gs5... he has an eyepatch, right? but georg of gs2 doesn't...

character inconsistency or a totally different georg?
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

It's the same Georg Prime, we just have no idea why he wears an eyepatch just yet. I think it would be somehow explained in the game.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

chibi viki wrote:just a question on georg though...

looking at georg of gs5... he has an eyepatch, right? but georg of gs2 doesn't...

character inconsistency or a totally different georg?
Yeah, its the same kind of inconsistency we've been talking about with Morgan and his blindness. My money is that they just changed the story. I don't think when they made Suikoden I they were planning a franshise this big. I mean, we're left to think Flik and Victor are dead and then they reappear in SII with no explantion how they survived. I think its actually something they decided later on. As for Georg without the eyepatch, its possible it was a mistake in character design. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

As for Georg without the eyepatch, its possible it was a mistake in character design. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.
I disagree with this post of yours jonathan_priest. I've seen a picture before of the six great generals of Scarlet Moon Empire wherein Georg Prime was one of them. In the character design he was also wearing an eyeptach but his dress is totally different form the Suikoden 5 design. I presumed that Georg Prime wear that eyepatch before and just remove it after he left in Scarlet Moon Empire's service.

Hmm... I think I have to find that pic and show it to you. :wink:
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

SuikoCrimson108 wrote:
As for Georg without the eyepatch, its possible it was a mistake in character design. Guess we'll have to wait to find out.
I disagree with this post of yours jonathan_priest. I've seen a picture before of the six great generals of Scarlet Moon Empire wherein Georg Prime was one of them. In the character design he was also wearing an eyeptach but his dress is totally different form the Suikoden 5 design. I presumed that Georg Prime wear that eyepatch before and just remove it after he left in Scarlet Moon Empire's service.

Hmm... I think I have to find that pic and show it to you. :wink:
My appologies SuikoCrimson for not being clearer. When I said a mistake in character design, I was referring to his design in Suiko II. Though I must admit I like your idea of him simply removing his eyepatch, perhaps he was in disguise or something. An intriguing thought. Well, hopefully they'll explain that for us.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

perhaps he was in disguise or something.
Yeah that's one hell of a disguise, only rivaled by Clark Kent :roll:

It couldn't possibly be something simple like him damaging his eye and healed by the time 2 comes around right? There just has to be some intricate plot behind it.
Hash

Post by Hash »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
It couldn't possibly be something simple like him damaging his eye and healed by the time 2 comes around right? There just has to be some intricate plot behind it.
Don't be surprised if there's no mention whatsoever to Georg's eyepatch. Fans always look for intrincate and complex theories, game developers don't. This is especially true in Suikoden games.
Liam

Post by Liam »

I dont expect it to be explained. Even if they mention how He lost an eye will be great.

It is obvious that He replaced it with an glass eye just before Suikoden2
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
The_Face_of_Death

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

In S2, on one of Richmond's secrets about Georg, it says he has been in major historical wars, and just vanished. Obviously, after so many battles, he couldn't be in perfect condition, could he? Here's my wild speculation, but, it may be slightly possible that George Prime could be the main character :shock: . Just a guess. Even though, when I saw some screenshots of Suiko5, It mostly showed females, so it's also possible for the hero to be a girl. Another thought, is that they may bring back the T.S.S. (Trinity Site System), or play roles of both villian and hero. George may have a son or daughter who is the leader. It's also possible that he had a relationship with the queen. I have no idea, so I'm just throwing out ideas.I have yet to view the new pic of Georg, so could you please post the URL for a Suiko 5 screenshot of Georg?
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!