Connections from past games and theories

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Yuki Tenkai

Connections from past games and theories

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Adise from the fact that Suikoden V is in Falena, a Queendom mentioned a few other times in the past suikodens, but are there any other connections to the other games? Did Konami release any info on that yet? Suikoden IV had little to do with past games, other than the mention of the Scarlet Moon Empire, and Elven characters in the game, not to mention Viki and Jeane...but, will there be other characters who will reappear, and is the queen featured in Suikoden V really the queen who Georg killed? I may not get these answers as of yet, but I'd like to know everyone's theories.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
afi

Post by afi »

Even since the creator and director of suikoden 1-3 left konami, the series timeline has been jumping. Reason? So that their ideas won't be limited (something like that) I wouldn't be surprised if suikoV took place before or during sierra's blue moon village era. The queen georg killed won't be the same one. If it is,the hero would have killed him.
Last edited by afi on Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I can see why you would think that, and it would be cool to see more of the world before the timeline it was introduced, but I think they should just continue the plot...
edit: I never thought of the fact that the hero would've killed Georg. (Hehe..I'm so dumb...) but, in any case, it is either set before, or after that time, then, unless there is some kind of plot twist where the hero wasn't around when she was killed, or something like that. I'm very interested to see what happens.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Georg's appearance was confirmed at the TGS. Apparently he is his younger self this time, not that seasoned warrior we met in Suikoden II.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

patapi wrote:Georg's appearance was confirmed at the TGS. Apparently he is his younger self this time, not that seasoned warrior we met in Suikoden II.
Damn, I guess thi s is what we think this is then.
I hope everything is going delicious.
afi

Post by afi »

Oh,get a load of this. The sun rune aka light is apparently evil.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

afi wrote:Oh,get a load of this. The sun rune aka light is apparently evil.
Ah, I wouldn't say evil, but simply has it's own agenda. Much like the Night Rune/Zodiac Sword.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Well he's already been one of the 6 Great Generals, so we know Georg will have a certain degree of strength. Perhaps not as strong, but still certainly strong enough.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Maybe there will be a side quest you could do, after getting all SOD and beating the grand finale. This might allow you to play as Georg (assuming he's in the game.)
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

It's confirmed that Georg is in. The guy in the game with the eye patch says thats his name.
Black Knight Yuber

Yeah, that's him, up on the top left corner. 6 member parties, skill system returns, and the favorite weapon range S/M/L.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

True Runes aren't evil, they follow their own innate and natural desires. Humans become corrupted by the power they can attain by using the True Runes in order to fulfill their own greedy desires. True Runes have no need for good and evil. I believe them to be beyond it.
HiroRao

Post by HiroRao »

Dear god. So far the fans have predicted everything. Now all that is left is for the Blue Moon rune to be mentioned and for Hero5 to secetly be a girl...

I really am surpirsed that the queen isn't as nice as she appeared. Well not that surpised given that the Hero always faces aginst someone their close to. (Save S3).

Maybe S4 and Rhaps. will infunce this game. Like they meet someone who from the guild that uses a hand Rune cannon. Or who knows. I still want the Mushroom and Mints to appear!
Black Knight Yuber

patapi wrote:Georg's appearance was confirmed at the TGS. Apparently he is his younger self this time, not that seasoned warrior we met in Suikoden II.
Then if he's a younger person this time around, the year won't be taken place after Suikoden III. Maybe in between IV & I timeline wise.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Black Knight Yuber wrote:
Then if he's a younger person this time around, the year won't be taken place after Suikoden III. Maybe in between IV & I timeline wise.
That's a very broad range. I think it would be better to say before Suikoden I. Perhaps 10 years before Suikoden II. That would make him 31 at the time.