Viki and Jeane

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
e812nayr

Something I posted on suikox.com

Post by e812nayr »

There is also the possiblity that they never really thought much about them in the first place...but by the time the two characters were highly flavored...it's kind of hard to just keep their background as simple as some other characters. They were merely another star with a simple fact...not much were known about them in the beginning and even until now. Maybe due to fans/creator(s) interest in them after rethinking about part one...they were brought back...with little bits of info about them slowly unrevealed. If you recall all the series...we weren't able to use either of them in fights in part one...viki was usable in two, but not jeane...and she wasn't a usable character until three or four(can't seem to recall). They might have not even think much of the details about them...which I doubt, but if they did, they don't really know which bg(s) to choose from...how can you when they're so popular among the fans...and continue to be more and more popular as the series goes on. As for a family of Jeane...that's just going to blow most of us off...common seriously. I would be...or if small viki and big vicki were two different person...it just means that there is a family of vicki look alike teleporting everywhere...that's just too simple in a dumb way. If more were released about, it should be something really interesting...or satisfying to the fans.

Although, they did say that Jeane ageless trait doesn't stem from a True rune...I personally think that it would have been a great fact if she was one of the true rune. A rune that is different from the others...in which it can changes it form...so technically she is the rune itself. Which...doesn't necessarily means that her agelessness stem from a rune...since she is the true rune...for example...let say...the ultimate medicine which cures everything turn into a human being...and whoever touches it are heal. That medicine person can never get sick, but it isn't because of a medicine that causes it to be immune to all sickness like how true runes grant agelessness, but they themself don't rust now do they?...so does it means that they stem from a true rune to stay like that?...which is kind of weird...that's like saying soap are clean because they clean me...it's immune to all sickness...mainly because it is the ultimate medicine himself/herself...if you think about it in that sense. Confusing...but I think director can words are twisted sometimes...they says things that are very indirect at times...or sound direct, until they reveal it and says, "Oh, you didn't read between the lines."
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

trust me, jeane is not a true rune,because konami has said she has nothing to do with a true rune

I think konami has a gameplan concernign all there mystery characters such as pesmerga,yuber,jeane and viki, konami knows what there gonna do, I think 5 is gonna reveal things about jeane and Im very curious as to whether viki looks intelligent in this game or if she looks ditsy, if she looks intelligent now but looks like scatterbrained and ditsy in a future game thats set after 3 then we would finally learn that teleporting screws up her mind
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

I wish Viki is her old ditsy self having her like shy and serious(she looks like a true babe in the arts though) was just a shock to the system, what happened to cute and funny? lolz! Imagine if she gets a huge paer if Suikoden and she's ditsy hahaha!

I agree with most that Konami ain't gonna release more info on Viki & Jeane since thier like popular and Konami wants us to comeback for more of them, so if ever they want to spill something we'd go ga-ga over it. As for Yuber and Pers if Konami is gonna spill something about them then its the end of Suikoden as we know it. lolz!
longfu

Post by longfu »

i believe that viki's definitely going to be in suikoden V... most of u guys probably watch the trailer for suiko 5 at gamespot.com
and in the intro... somebody sneeze and asked where she was.... and somebody answered... queendom of falena... sounds like viki got a cold....
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Clive isn't ageless/can't teleport through time. Also, not all of the information concerning him was released in one big lumsum. Additional information was also released in Suikogaiden.
Also, 60 pages are devoted to the Elza chase in Vol.4 of the short stories, IIRC, in the order of Radat, Muse, then Kyaro(I think it's different order in Suikoden 2).
and in the intro... somebody sneeze and asked where she was.... and somebody answered... queendom of falena... sounds like viki got a cold....
Viki constantly teleports(both location+time period) right after sneezing in Suikogaiden Vol.2 Ch.3 back door.
Skyrocket

Post by Skyrocket »

I'd like to know what's up with Viki and Jeane too, but I doubt we'll get much new info in V.

BTW, isn't it interesting tha Viki's power seems to always drop here so that the first person she meets is the hero of the game? Lucky her since she always asks that said person to protect her.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson
TrueRuneHero91

Post by TrueRuneHero91 »

See vikis great and all with the teleporting but Jeanes just well shes amazing. She has some great and usefull skills now im not saying that vikis not usefull because belive me i use her all the time but Jeanes just amazing. 8)
LGM

Post by LGM »

Skyrocket wrote: BTW, isn't it interesting tha Viki's power seems to always drop here so that the first person she meets is the hero of the game? Lucky her since she always asks that said person to protect her.
Just like Leknaat?

Don't worry, I'll stop this theory soon.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Skyrocket wrote: BTW, isn't it interesting tha Viki's power seems to always drop here so that the first person she meets is the hero of the game? Lucky her since she always asks that said person to protect her.
She does run into other people we just don't always hear about it because our perspective is through the main character. In Suikoden III we knew Viki was around before we met her because people in the bar at Caleria were talking about a beautiful woman who dropped out of the sky at the mountain pass.
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

I'd really like to know more about them. I think Konami would do well to bring about their stories, they are popular characters we know they're in practically every game and they would be even more well liked if we knew more about them IMO.
What you think I was born this way?
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Well, sooner or later, Konami HAS to reveal info on the two girls. I thik they are connected somehow. Maybe Jeane is from Viki's hometown? They both could possibly be from Leknaat's village, or they could be directly related (by blood) to Leknaat somehow.

It could be another Yuber/Pesmerga scenario, where Jeane is trying to hunt down Viki, but because of her memory being screwed up by her teleportation, she doesn't remember Jeane, or why she is running away. Whenever you have Jeane or Viki in the bath house together, Viki usually says "Gee, this seems familiar" and Jeane always says "...let's go." Jeane DOES have somewhat of an evil/mischievious personality.

I am also excited to see if Viki is a total ditzwad, or pretty intelligent in suikoden V. In III, she seemed so ditzy, she shouldn't have been invloved in a war, but in IV, she seemed much more poised and intelligent. I think it is a very valid assumption to think that teleportation has somehow tampered with her memory, intellect, and personality.

And as for the fact that she somehow ALWAYS manages to teleport to the Tenkai, that's something from the storyline of the original chinese/japanese legend. Fate brings the stars to the Tenkai, and in the games, Leknaat is Fate. The stars come back every time the end of the world is near, the same stars, same souls, different bodies. But, Jeane and Viki always have the same body. So, IF Konami wants to keep to the original legend at all, there has to be some huge revelation of Jeane and Viki, but we all know that.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Maybe they'll let us know how Viki and the old hag from Suikoden 1 who has the Blinking Mirror got to know each other here on Suikoden V and let us get atleast a glimpse of Viki's past. Well... Maybe hehehe...
Futch02

Post by Futch02 »

Well, let it be said that we know a whole lot more about Viki than Jeane, thanks to the gaiden games and some info from suikoden 3. The only thing the games tells us about Jeane is that she has a second "true form", and that she doesn't have a rune visible on her body, even without clothing, since Lily was pretty verbal about that in the baths. >.< So, I kinda hope we get some more concrete info on her, at the least.

Off topic: It seems like Konami is planning to work their way forward from 4 to 1, instad of pick up after 3 and continue the story. This makes me a bit nervious. But I bet we learn a whole lot about some of the characters that way (As a Dragon Knight fan, I'm hoping for some more info on Joshua :) )
Basel

Post by Basel »

Futch02 wrote:The only thing the games tells us about Jeane is that she has a second "true form"
Which one of the games has this information?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

It is mentioned in suikoden III that Koroku can only see Jeane's "True Form".
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV