Viki and Jeane

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

don't forget Leknaat will probably be in the game also to "execute" the balance.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Leknaat was a major person in the Second Fire Bringer War...just behind the scenes. She didn't talk to Chris, Geddoe, or Hugo directly, and she didn't really tell them about their runes, because there were other people to do that for her. (AKA, Sana for the flame champion, and Jimba/Wyatt for Chris) She was, however, Luc's mentor, and taught Sarah how to use the magic she had, which led to the Second Fire Bringer war. So, in a way, Leknaat was a very important person in Suikoden III.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

luc was her aprentice, sarah was always gifted with incredible magic since birth, leknaut didn't train her
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Oops..my bad. I made a wrong assumption, because Luc took Sarah to live with him and Leknaat, right? Well, in any case, I liked how Leknaat was involved with Hero 4, and I hope that she makes another grand appearance in Suikoden V. She could even be a Star of Destiny, and that would be awesome.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I dont' think making her a Star would be such a great idea. Considering in half of the games she's the one that rewards you for gathering all the Stars. Her role is just fine as it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

If Leknaat be one of the stars her role as overseer of fate will be ruined. I don't think its a good idea to put her in the stars' list. She's already a nice character with unique role.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:luc was her aprentice, sarah was always gifted with incredible magic since birth, leknaut didn't train her
Actually, Leeknat did train Sarah. She was indeed gifted from birth, but Leeknat did have a hand in training Sarah.
I hope everything is going delicious.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

Though I couldn't care less about Jeane I have to agree that Viki does have potential to present an effective storline of her own, she has been involved in more of the series conflicts then Leknaat has (given leknaat was a minor in III)

But at the same time when does the child viki role come in? Leaving the child viki in one game may be ok but it would be a bad idea if they leave out child viki second time round as it would look like their just trying to bury the storyline of the child viki or how they split.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

I doubt they're just going to release a large amount of information concerning Viki at once, especially in a Genso, but who knows what future gaidens might reveal. Also, I seriously doubt that Konami will release any information concerning Viki, Jeane, Yuber, Pesmerga, or Leeknat any time in the near future. Konami has planted seeds and harvesting them early would not be prudent.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:I doubt they're just going to release a large amount of information concerning Viki at once, especially in a Genso.
Why not? They did it with Clive in SII, his whole info and background became one big subplot. And in SIII they released both luc and sasarai's origin and purpose along with the ultimate goal of the true runes.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

koriand'r wrote:
Angelis_Taleria wrote:I doubt they're just going to release a large amount of information concerning Viki at once, especially in a Genso.
Why not? They did it with Clive in SII, his whole info and background became one big subplot. And in SIII they released both luc and sasarai's origin and purpose along with the ultimate goal of the true runes.
Clive isn't ageless/can't teleport through time. Also, not all of the information concerning him was released in one big lumsum. Additional information was also released in Suikogaiden.

Also, the Luc and Sasarai thing was an entirely different situation. I think we've known something was up with Viki since Suikoden I. In a million years, no one would've been able to guess that Luc and Sasarai were mere clones. I don't care how good you're with deductive logic, asking if you want to use the Tablet of Stars, playing tricks on you, and his one confrontation with Sasarai would've never lead you towards thinking that.

Konami has all the time in the world to wait and release information about their mysterious characters and I seriously doubt Suikoden V will be that time. I could be wrong, but I doubt they'd release a large amount of info concerning Viki, and if they do they'll still leave us hanging on much like they've done with the True Rune ultimate goal thing.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I don't think Konami should reveal every little aspect of Viki and JEane, butit wouldn't hurt to get players a little more interested in them by saying tidbits of info on hem as the games progress. Maybe by the end, we'll all know the secrets of Viki, Jeane, Yuber, and Pesmerga, but in the meantime, they shouldn't just leave them alone and have them reappear with the same lines and plot they have had in the past few games.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
chibi viki

Post by chibi viki »

i've always believed that little viki is part of viki's id and that she was the part of viki that remembered the truth of who she really is and where she was really from. And the reason why she hops from one time to another is to escape from her past.

after all, in suikogaiden, when nash saw her and asked her if she's also viki, she replies, "it's better if you didn't know anything".
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thats a very good theory chibi viki, makes alot of sense
Hash

Post by Hash »

chibi viki wrote:
after all, in suikogaiden, when nash saw her and asked her if she's also viki, she replies, "it's better if you didn't know anything".
If you ask me, that's a cheap way for Konami to say: "We haven't decided yet this storyline, we suck".