Suikoden V art?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Snow-Vingerhart

Suikoden V art?

Post by Snow-Vingerhart »

Hi everybody....

I don't know if you guys talked about the art of S5 or not, but do any of you know how is the designer? is she Junko?( hope not)...cause when I first saw the Hero I thought she desigened him, but when I look at the bodyguard of the hero I rememberd Jun from S3....so what do you think?
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

You can pretty much tell it isn't Junko just by looking at it. But...it might be the one that did the character design for II and III but I am not to sure on that at all. It's hard to tell sometimes.

Those japs and their big eyed characters. Heh! (j/k)
tmxdragoon

Post by tmxdragoon »

As long as it's not the artist from Suiko 4 I don't care. I hope whoever is the artist thinks up some creative looking characters and not dull ones(IV).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The artist for Suikoden IV was Junko Kawano, the same person who did the art for Suikoden I. If I'm not mistaken, the art for II and III was done by Fuma Ishikawa, and almost everyone agrees that she is far superior to Kawano.
Kyril

Post by Kyril »

for what i saw on the characters' animation, it looks like the quality of Fuma Ishikawa indeed especially the hero which is very similar to hugo's clothing.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea I also thought those clothes looked karayan
Snow-Vingerhart

Post by Snow-Vingerhart »

Thanks for the replies :P
I guess you're right it could be someone else than Kawano...
let's hope for that...
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

The two artists has different style on their works. Based on my observation on the art made by Kuwano, it has simple designs and has less acessories. While Ishikawa has more complicated and colorful lines and accessories. Although they differ on each others work but still I love both of their arts' style. I am not bothered whoever of the two will make the design for the next installation.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

I felt Kawano's artwork was very appropriate for 4 considering the time period. For me it was easly to imagine a simplified clothing since 4 took place before suiko 1. I do agree however that Ishikawa's designs KILL Kawano's.

On that note I hope Ishikawa does the designs from now on - or whoever is doing them for 5 (I think the new designs are excellent.)
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

I think you'll find that the art for Suikoden V is being done by someone new, neither Kawano or Ishikawa. It's all a big secret at the moment.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

First of all it's Fumi not Fuma, and she's a goddess.

Secondly Kawano didn't do the designs for IV herself, she had a team of artists draw them "kawano-style" and then approved them.

Thirdly, it has already been confirmed that neither of them are doing it in V as it's a new "secret" designer.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Both Kawano and Ishikawa had their own shares of good and bad designs anyway. The funny thing is that a handful of the most popular characters in the series actually involved both their works, so I won't really say who is the absolute best.

The new artist is pretty good too. For starters, among these three versions of Georg Prime, I definitely like his V's design the best.
JianLong

Post by JianLong »

All I know is that the hero for suiko5 looks disgusting and disturbing.... but yeah the artist for 2 and 3 is really good.
Lani

Post by Lani »

All I know is that the hero for suiko5 looks disgusting and disturbing
wrong. "you know?" its your opinion.

i actually think they did a really good job on hero V's design. i think it fits the setting.
how is it disturbing? i dont see any profanity.
doesnt look disgusting either. though, the pose does bother me a bit. looks a little twisted, but i guess thats how its supposed to,
since its probably an action pose.
I felt Kawano's artwork was very appropriate for 4 considering the time period
i completely agree! her art was appropriate for IV.

it bothers me how peoople criticize kawano's art, and bow down to fumi's. both of them are really good in their own little way.
among these three versions of Georg Prime, I definitely like his V's design the best.
ditto. but, i always thought georg's eyes would be less cold-looking. i love his design though. i cant wait until the art book comes out. im sold!
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

JianLong wrote:All I know is that the hero for suiko5 looks disgusting and disturbing....
I totally disagree with you. I think suiko 5 has unique style and very impressive artwork.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.