About suikoden V hero

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
razorwing77

Post by razorwing77 »

Soul Eater wrote:Did you ever think, in our society, where men are dominant that a lot of powerful women look like men (they dress like them etc.). In a country where women are dominent, perhaps powerful men are more feminine?
That makes perfect sense. But, unfortunately, it doesn't make a very good character design.

I'm not wanting every character to be "uber-kewl," I'm all about character diversity, but why does the main character have to be so effeminate? Same with Suikoden IV, what was with his shorts? call me crazy, but I'd rather have a main character that was obviously male or female. That would be just fine. But somewhere in-between... I just can't get too excited about that.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

go to the suikoden 5 website and look at the new pics, hero 5 does not look like a woman, he looks liek a young 20 year old, who is built and tough. The clothes look gay and the clothes can eb changed later in the game so hero 5 shouldn't be an issue of discussion anymore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

son_michael wrote:The clothes look gay
The clothes have sex with clothes of the same gender? Wow, I didn't think that was possible. :roll: Oh, you meant that the clothes brightly coloured and joyous? I guess that's a good point too.
Tyrantblade

Post by Tyrantblade »

I don't really see why everyone is commenting on the girly appearance of the main character. I've seen a hell of a lot worse in my gaming life, and this guy is by no means at the top of the list.

Maybe I've become desensitised to Bishonen characters, but he doesn't seem all that flowery to me. Kuja from FF9, not THAT'S womanly. The guy had big ol' birthin' hips for god's sake!
Irish people play games too. We just do it while drinking stout and talking to our pet leprechauns, that's all.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:
son_michael wrote:The clothes look gay
The clothes have sex with clothes of the same gender? Wow, I didn't think that was possible. :roll: Oh, you meant that the clothes brightly coloured and joyous? I guess that's a good point too.
I meant the clothes look stupid,"Gay" was a poor choice in words, was the above supposed to be sarcasim?
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Oh my god...still arguing about the hero´s appearance...

Why not focus in desiring a good game,with g-o-o-d s-t-o-r-y and stop talking about gay clothes (¿¿¿¿????) and femininine looking. Its obviously a queendoom, is obviously feminine looking and some people like it -I do- and some don´t. I respect both opinions but, really, people, the virility or feminity of the suikoden player wont be affected by the appearance of the main character.Really, I played a pokemon game and ...wow...¡surprise! I did not turn into a little kid, Í am not yellow now and pikachu is not my new name, Im just like I was before playing the game :o :o :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

no ones arguing about anything...I stated that I like the way hero 5 looks just that his clothes look stupid but they can be changed later on in the game

and thats all
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Actually, it hasn't been stated whether you can change clothes at will, so it's best not to say that so as not to get peoples hopes up or not.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

it dosen't have to be stated when we have already seen hero 5 in 3 different attires already, and not saying your wrong angelis but I thought the info that he does have 3 different costumes was official
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Him changing clothes could merely be a part of the flow of the story. If you notice when he comes back from Lordlake he is wearing the orange outfit but when he is on the boat with Syaries, Georg, and Rion he is wearing his royal vestments. like I said, I don't recall him having the option to change his clothes being states as fact, merely speculated. If you know where this has been states I would like it a lot if you could cite that source for me.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

alright I see your point, I dont have a source, I just thought that I heard it was official info that hero 5 could change outfits, I guess I was wrong
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

Lets just hope that the hero from suikoden 5 its a guy, i dont have anything against girls but if its a girl it wouldnt be as pleasurable to play it since we are used to see suikoden games with boys as hero (exept for suikoden 3) but whatever konami wants im sure its gonna be the best suikoden game yet
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its 100% confirmed that hero 5 is a guy, ouji means prince, not to mention that he looks like a guy in every way
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

what kind a name is that .........well lets hope that we can change the name of the hero too lol!!!!
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Ouji is not his name it's a title. Since you obviously don't know, Ouji is japanese for prince.