5 things that suiko V needs.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
User avatar
Yuki Tenkai
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:47 am
Location: Somewhere in the Passage of Time
Contact:

Postby Yuki Tenkai » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:11 pm

Here's what I'm hoping for..

1. A deeper story other than "this guy wants to destroy the world".
2. Really cool and affective combo attacks
3. Characters to have some deep meaning to their existance or some history which connects them to other Suikoden games
4. Places to explore that I would want to visit time and time again, just for the hell of it
5. Better visual affects and cutscenes
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV

User avatar
killey
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:31 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby killey » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:32 am

Suikoden V needs an anime intro. It would be so cool to see Killey in anime especially since he looks pretty much the same in SV as he does in SII.

User avatar
Kyril
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:39 am
Location: somewhere out there anywhere wherever

Postby Kyril » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:01 pm

killey wrote:Suikoden V needs an anime intro. It would be so cool to see Killey in anime especially since he looks pretty much the same in SV as he does in SII.

amen to that! but not only the intro but some cutscenes also. they should also make the characters' voice-acting great (unlike suikoden tactics'). i'll pay the game $50 just for that.

User avatar
Id
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:53 pm

Postby Id » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:14 pm

It needs a sense of urgency

Riou Genkaku
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:58 pm
Contact:

Postby Riou Genkaku » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:25 pm

Why settle for getting 6-man parties back? I want an 8-man party. Or 10. Or multiple 6-man parties that, depending on the dungeon or enemy fortress or whatever the Stars of Destiny are currently invading, split up and take different routes to fulfill multiple objectives, such as freeing prisoners, neutralizing weapons, food stores, or armories, and confronting the boss. Make those side missions optional but with rewards, both item-wise and strategic rewards tying into the war battle system. Put all or at least a lot of the Stars of Destiny to use. Why have 102 of them sitting around twiddling their thumbs while the hero and his party do everything? Was it not a great idea to have three whole parties confront Luca Blight? Why not make that sort of thing the rule instead of an exception? Suikoden deserves innovation beyond even what's come before, it especially doesn't deserve to be treated like any other RPG, which is what IV did with its four-man parties.
"Oink like a pig."
"Oink! Oink!"
"Hahahaha! Die pig!"
*slash*

User avatar
ShardStar
Posts: 436
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:53 pm
Location: No Where
Contact:

Postby ShardStar » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:30 pm

That's what I liked about S3 as well I felt like more of my army got used then in the first and fourth games. It would be awesome for 8 or 10 partys but they will probably stick to 6.

User avatar
Yuki Tenkai
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:47 am
Location: Somewhere in the Passage of Time
Contact:

Postby Yuki Tenkai » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:55 am

I'm kind of hoping that it just sticks to 6. 8-10 would be confusing...for the hero's party, and the enemy party. And as far as the war battles...I'm hoping that they're like suikoden 1, where there's the little jumping people, but better than the way suikoden 4 did it. s3's war system was okay, but I like having a little more involvement with the characters. They basically did what they want, and you only moved the units. Or, I'm hoping for a brand new war system that blows everyone's mind away.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."

-Leknaat, Suikoden IV

Riou Genkaku
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:58 pm
Contact:

Postby Riou Genkaku » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:36 am

Yuki Tenkai wrote:I'm kind of hoping that it just sticks to 6. 8-10 would be confusing...for the hero's party, and the enemy party. And as far as the war battles...I'm hoping that they're like suikoden 1, where there's the little jumping people, but better than the way suikoden 4 did it. s3's war system was okay, but I like having a little more involvement with the characters. They basically did what they want, and you only moved the units. Or, I'm hoping for a brand new war system that blows everyone's mind away.

If someone can manage using 12 characters in a strategy RPG battle in Suikoden Tactics which is far more complex than a straightforward random-encounter type RPG fight, they could use 10 in Suikoden V. There's really no basis for this argument. Suikoden I and II would've been nothing more than Final Fantasy clones if the creators were overly worried about 6-person parties, unite attacks, war battles, duels, recruiting, and a headquarters being too confusing.
"Oink like a pig."

"Oink! Oink!"

"Hahahaha! Die pig!"

*slash*

Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:24 pm

Postby Angelis_Taleria » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:59 pm

I can only think of two things that Suikoden V needs, as of now, and that would be the abiility to listen to the japanese voice acting or the ability to turn all voices off.
I hope everything is going delicious.

User avatar
Yuki Tenkai
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:47 am
Location: Somewhere in the Passage of Time
Contact:

Postby Yuki Tenkai » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:33 pm

Riou Genkaku wrote:
Yuki Tenkai wrote:I'm kind of hoping that it just sticks to 6. 8-10 would be confusing...for the hero's party, and the enemy party. And as far as the war battles...I'm hoping that they're like suikoden 1, where there's the little jumping people, but better than the way suikoden 4 did it. s3's war system was okay, but I like having a little more involvement with the characters. They basically did what they want, and you only moved the units. Or, I'm hoping for a brand new war system that blows everyone's mind away.

If someone can manage using 12 characters in a strategy RPG battle in Suikoden Tactics which is far more complex than a straightforward random-encounter type RPG fight, they could use 10 in Suikoden V. There's really no basis for this argument. Suikoden I and II would've been nothing more than Final Fantasy clones if the creators were overly worried about 6-person parties, unite attacks, war battles, duels, recruiting, and a headquarters being too confusing.


Well, then it would be confusing for me.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."

-Leknaat, Suikoden IV

User avatar
Chiepoo
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:13 pm
Location: Bandung, Indonesia

Chiepoo says...

Postby Chiepoo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:40 am

Hmm....I think I have another five...
1. Chiepoo must appear again(right?).
2. The map system must be like in Suikoden 1 and 2.
3. Affection level (like in suikoden tactics) so they can guard and support each other!!!
4. The true runes must be greater than any true runes that appeared before :wink:
5. The story must be dramatic (like suikoden 2)...right?
Well, that's my opinion...do you all agree with me?

User avatar
Yuki Tenkai
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:47 am
Location: Somewhere in the Passage of Time
Contact:

Postby Yuki Tenkai » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:46 am

Unless Nay-Kobolds live for MANY years, there's no way he can return. Suikoden V takes place after the Succession War, and Suikoden IV takes place about 150 years before that. Nay-Kobolds could appear in Falena, but there's no way that specifically Chiepoo would return. Sorry to disappoint you.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."

-Leknaat, Suikoden IV

User avatar
Chiepoo
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:13 pm
Location: Bandung, Indonesia

To Yuri Tenkai

Postby Chiepoo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:14 am

Hmmm....I guess you're right...but I still happy if any Nay-Kobolds appear again. Because I like all Nay-Kobolds (include Nalkul and Champo,exclude Noah). MAYBE, there is new kind of kobolds in Suikoden 5 right?
Maybe birds or frogs? Ahahaha :D just kidding...
But, maybe Chiepoo's children or a Nay-Kobold that have voiced like Chiepoo's. Isn't his voice very cute??
Oh, and I'm sorry to all Suikosource Forums members, my English is very very bad..I'm just a kid (just kidding). I've still learning English in school but you know playing RPG increase my English ability!!!Thanks to Suikoden 2 that I can be a RPG maniac!!!!

Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:24 pm

Postby Angelis_Taleria » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:17 am

well, there are beavers in Suikoden V. Anyone like the name Beaverbold? <_<
I hope everything is going delicious.

User avatar
Yuki Tenkai
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:47 am
Location: Somewhere in the Passage of Time
Contact:

Postby Yuki Tenkai » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:25 am

...didn't you already say most of that?

..anywho, the only new confirmed species is the Beavers...were they confirmed to be called "Beaverbolds", or is that just something that people are saying just to be kidding? I'm glad that dwarves are coming back...we haven't seen them in a while.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."

-Leknaat, Suikoden IV


Return to “Suikoden V Prerelease Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest