5 things that suiko V needs.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

SII and III had random villagers, workers and guards. It was mostly SI that just had 108 stars walking around. In the castle I mean. I also agree with the above, good story and characters make for a fun experience but gameplay helps make it great. :)
Fuma

Post by Fuma »

One thing I'd like to see in Suikoden V is SoDs in the HQ walking around and talking to one another. It gets a bit boring having a character pace back and forth in a small room, or just standing still (save shop owners etc). Those characters who run minigames and shops would (hopefully) still stay in one spot otherwise it might take forever to find them. But those characters (like Futch, Kahn and Hanna, just to name a few) who have no purpose in the HQ should move around the HQ, stopping and chatting to other SoDs. That's something I'd like to see in Suikoden V.
Formerly True Wind Bearer AKA Sir Spam-a-lot.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

All I'm looking for are some True Rune unites, much like Bright Shield and the Soul Eater in Suikoden II. I was surprised that the RoP and Soul Eater didn't have a rune unite in Suikoden Four, and I'd like it if Dawn and Dusk had unites together.

I know that the Bright Shield Rune isn't a True Rune, but you get the idea.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

True rune unites sound interesting. All I know is that the one in S2 wasn't a proper magic unite. It was basically the two runes executing their final spells in succession; one after the other. Compare this to any of the elemental magic unites and you will see the difference.
RalTed wrote:son_michael, I like Suikoden IV as a storyline and as a decent rpg by itself alone, I just don't like how they managed the battle system, the RoP in the battlefield and some of the bad guys, without Suikoden Tactics in the picture...What I mean is that they shouldn't let a game be so rushed then to, in a sense, save the storyline with another game and fix it all. The game itself should be a stand-alone. Its not hate, I just have high expectancy for the series, that's all, everyone here does.
However, we know that there was no "save the storyline with another game and fix it all" move or whatever. Konami deliberately planned to produce the two games together from the very beginning.

And, S3 definitely deserved the 9.0 rating. It was brilliant. It's no surprise some of us are disappointed with S4's "return to the roots" move after the high standards set by S3.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

huh, i'm sorry but.. Earthquake + Shining Wind = major damage to enemies in both air and land? where's the Shining Wind's healing power? and the earth spell has no earthquake, just rocks that are shred up by the wind power. Mother Ocean + Thunder Storm or whatever = eletric icicle to one target + heal/revive/restore ALL allies is the same as heal one + thunder dmg to one? while the functions may be similar, they are certainly not just 4th level spells of either lower or higher tiered runes, some runes have much stronger effects in unites (earth - can hit all enemies.. water - heal/revive/restore all allies, lightning - ultra dmg to one).