new races

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I think it would be cool if they had centaurs in it. Centaurs kick ass.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I personally think there should be one "badass" type of character for each race, much like Georg Prime and Ridley Boris. There's too many cutesy-types such as all three Naykobolds for me to take them seriously. I seem to remember there being one "badass" Winger, but I can't quite think of his name right now.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I personally think there should be one "badass" type of character for each race, much like Georg Prime and Ridley Boris. There's too many cutesy-types such as all three Naykobolds for me to take them seriously. I seem to remember there being one "badass" Winger, but I can't quite think of his name right now.
I agree. It would make each race a little more interesting. Is the Winger you're trying to think of Landis?
Last edited by Chris_Lightfellow on Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Jowy Atreides wrote:I personally think there should be one "badass" type of character for each race, much like Georg Prime and Ridley Boris. There's too many cutesy-types such as all three Naykobolds for me to take them seriously. I seem to remember there being one "badass" Winger, but I can't quite think of his name right now.
Landis? Or Sid?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It's one of the more obscure ones (not Suzu, Chaco, Sid or Landis).
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I'm torn apart. I somewhat agree with the person who said that they should develop the existing races, but it wouldn't be Suikoden if it didn't have a new race to look forward to, right? I do hope that Falena is Egyptian-like. A new race of centaurs or minotaurs would bee cool. Or even a race that looked like the egytpian gods...with the dog heads and eagle heads and whatnot? But, I suppose that would be too much like the kobolds...no? I think a dispute between the two races of kobolds would be a dramatic and entertaining way to gat the Suikoden groove back. It could be a side quest?
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think a dispute between the two races of kobolds would be a dramatic and entertaining way to gat the Suikoden groove back. It could be a side quest?

yay! that was my idea :D
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Yay! I don't know what other kinds of races Konami has in store for us...or they could just have more humans, with exotic traditions or different appearances. For instance: Na-Nal. The people there are basically just human, with a triangle on their forehead and white hair. And, where is Samus from? Is he from Tinto? On his bio on the suikosource character list, it says that they don't know where he's from. They could show a village or country with other people with his skin tone. Caleria seems like the only place where people are that dark.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

I would personally like to see the Dwarves given another chance. Or why not have an island of run-away races, and have all of the SoDs of different races, from ALL of the other Suiko games on the island.

I'm kidding of course.
When Hero IV is abbreviated, it equals HIV.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Aww, why not? I think that'd be a fine idea, and we could finally have a majority of non-human SoDs, instead of a minority. I don't know about all of the previous non-human SoDs, but an island of non-humans (much like the Great Forest, but in island form) would be neat!
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Then maybe they could expand on the Mermaids of Suiko IV! And you could actually fight with them this time around.

But I just realized that Rhapsodia will probably expand on the Mermaids story.
When Hero IV is abbreviated, it equals HIV.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Makumaku wrote:Then maybe they could expand on the Mermaids of Suiko IV! And you could actually fight with them this time around.

But I just realized that Rhapsodia will probably expand on the Mermaids story.
Mermaids, unlike Kobolds, all seem to be retarded. In the Kobold race you have short bus special Kobolds like Kuromimi and then you have other Kobolds like Ridley, so I wouldn't mind if they didn't include any mermaids in Rhapsodia unless they'd break the stereotype and reveal a badass mermaid.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Just throw a bunch of Leprechauns in and see what happens.
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

hey guys what do you think if they put the mermaids in action, until the moment they are the only race that we dont see in fight, in suiko4 the only think they do is sell and are not sow usefull, it will be cool see the mermaids take weapons, what do you think :?:
Opale

Post by Opale »

I've seen enough elves, dwarves and kobolds in video games. It's so common ! Suikoden deserves a more interesting race I think. Something original ! Maybe the wingers, if they are more developed... or maybe something new ! :idea: