new races

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Looks like one to me. I wonder if the mounting system will be in this game? That'd be awesome if it was.
ShadowShards

Post by ShadowShards »

There is a new race confirmed - Beaverbolds lol

in 10min trailer u can see 2 of them if u stop it at 1:40

theere also refered to at 7:30

something like
*teh dam is breaking*
*tell the beavers and dwarves*
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

That's really going to throw me off. I was okay with ducks, lizards, kobolds, and cats... but the beavers are REALLY going to throw me off.
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

Beavers? Gee, and here I was wondering about the axe-wielding rabbits myself. :P Maybe there'll be one of those for an animal Star like the flying squirrel in S2.
<tba>
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

Okay guys help me remember; what races have we scene so far?

I am only counting the races that have lent a hand (ie a combat member of the 108 stars)

Kobolds
Elves
Dwarves
Lizardmen
Wingers
Duck Clan
Nay-Kobolds
squirriles with capes
dogs

That it?
for consistancy's sake I'd like to see at least one or two of these in there even if a new race is introduced. I also wouldn't mind seeing a playable mermaid or ...any other non playable races we've had?
What you think I was born this way?
Dooz

Post by Dooz »

I actually don't like the new races every game. Can't we have one game without some new wacky race being introduced?
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

whats next ratbolds..... platabolds........ :roll: the developers are trying WAY to hard... but then again with the ragging they got over suiko 4...... and the whining over suiko 3 being too different.... you cant realy blame them...

beaverbolds............. *sigh*
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

don't forget laughing hyenas and talking wombats.
Strategy is the key to victory!
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

Don't forget the satyr-looking thing in Tactics - Yohn, I think its name was? What was that particular critter, anybody know?
<tba>
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't think Yohn's race will ever be revealed. She will probably just be known as "the person from the other dimension".
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

The beavers remind me too much of the flying squirrels. Don't ask me why. I like to see what new races come with every game, but konami is trying too hard. I am happy that dwaves are returning, though. The only one I can think of that was playable was Twaikin. But seriously, I wish Konami could make a new race that's so cool, we'd be wetting ourselves...not that I want to wet myself. X_X
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV