new races

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

...maybe the tauntauns or whatever they're called!

Also, maybe the Sindars! They are really just a different culture though...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i hope to god they stop making new races and develop the ones they already have. they have enough.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

I agree. Develope the best race they have already, the lizard clan. Hopefully one will make it to the Queendom maybe as a slave or something. Probably not though.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Well, someone made a good point on another post regarding how the attire looks like Egyptian clothing. If Falena is like the Suikoden equivolent of Egypt, then I'd think some races like the Naga or even Minotaurs would be cool. Even giant Scarabs. Something the relates to the culture. Of course, I'm a big fan of elves, but I'd like to see more races that are developed. Get rid of the ducks and the Neko-kobolds, they were lame. Now if the Neko-kolbolds had been a warrior race like the lizards but used speed over strength, they'd have rocked, but they didn't. I say Nagas would be cool.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

You mean Nay-Kobolds (or Nekobolds, if you will), right? There's no such thing as a Neko-kobold.
Ska_Kitti

Post by Ska_Kitti »

son_michael wrote:it would be cool if we could see a racial dispute involving the nay kobolds and the regular dog kobolds from suikoden 1 and 2, like some kind of huge racial war that the tenkai fixes

I just love to see new races though as it would always keep a new game fresh and interesting
Cats vs Dogs? Haha, interesting.

I'd like to see Werewolves ala Bob in GS2.
"Oh my! A giant woman."
"What did you just call me?"
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Ah, I forgot about the lycanthropes. It definitely would be great to see Bob again, maybe we could even see him as a SoD.

With all of these "new race" speculations floating around, I'm surprised no one has brought up Bonaparte's race...whatever that race may be. No, I'm quite sure that if they put that race in it, it would ruin the game. :lol:
Last edited by True Wind Bearer on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

True Wind Bearer wrote:Ah, I forgot about the lycanthropes. We could even see the destruction of the Lycanthropes' Village by Windy,if the time setting fits. Perhaps Bob could even be a SoD in Suikoden V. Heck, the Lycanthropes' Village might even be located in Falena, or has it been confirmed that it is located in another region?

With all of these "new race" speculations floating around, I'm surprised no one has brought up Bonaparte's race...whatever that race may be. No, I'm quite sure if they put that race in it would ruin the game. :lol:
The Lycanthrope village was in the Grasslands.
I hope everything is going delicious.
True Wind Bearer

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
True Wind Bearer wrote:Ah, I forgot about the lycanthropes. We could even see the destruction of the Lycanthropes' Village by Windy,if the time setting fits. Perhaps Bob could even be a SoD in Suikoden V. Heck, the Lycanthropes' Village might even be located in Falena, or has it been confirmed that it is located in another region?

With all of these "new race" speculations floating around, I'm surprised no one has brought up Bonaparte's race...whatever that race may be. No, I'm quite sure if they put that race in it would ruin the game. :lol:
The Lycanthrope village was in the Grasslands.
Ah...

Can I have a source where you got that information from please?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

The source is here... or suikox. Whichever you prefer

Bob (Chikei Star)
Origin: Grasslands
Position: Werewolf
Events: Dunan Unification War
His village of lycanthropes was destroyed by Windy. He owns a strange rune which keeps him in human form; but when the power of his rune weakens, he turns back into werewolf form. He wishes to be a part of a community, and often watches others having fun from behind trees and walls.
True Wind Bearer

Angelis_Taleria wrote:The source is here... or suikox. Whichever you prefer

Bob (Chikei Star)
Origin: Grasslands
Position: Werewolf
Events: Dunan Unification War
His village of lycanthropes was destroyed by Windy. He owns a strange rune which keeps him in human form; but when the power of his rune weakens, he turns back into werewolf form. He wishes to be a part of a community, and often watches others having fun from behind trees and walls.
... :shock:

Dear god, I'm losing my eye sight, I was just looking at that piece of information and didn't notice that...I'll fix my other post up, now.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

You aren't the only one. I seem to be seeing a design similar to the blue moon rune within the Sun Rune.
True Wind Bearer

Angelis_Taleria wrote:You aren't the only one. I seem to be seeing a design similar to the blue moon rune within the Sun Rune.
I just looked at the True Sun Rune image on the official Suikoden V site and...it actually does resemble the Blue Moon Rune a tad.

Anyways, back to the topic.

I'm sure some people have mentioned them before in this thread, and I know I've mentioned them in another thread as well, but I'd love a big return of the Wingers. As long as they all aren't like Chaco...*shudders* Falena may even have their own Winger village.

Perhaps we could have 2 or 3 Wingers as SoDs.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Bonaparte was just a freak groundhog... probably transformed by the groundhog rune...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I don't know about a minotaur race, I mean there were monsters in Suiko2 (in the Cave of Wind), unless there are more domestic race of minotaurs.

Personally though I agree with whoever said that there are enough races in the Suikoverse, I think developing either the Nekobolds or maybe an elven or dwarf tribe would be best.