True rune

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

SnowKing wrote:He didn't meet Windy but it is possible he met Neclord isn't it? Anyway, Ted probably won't be in V so even if Neclord was it wouldn't matter much. I kinda hope the set it after 3 and keep the story going instead of jumping between games randomly.

SK
I doubt that since Neclord, Yuber, and Windy were always together for the most part.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy108

Post by Jowy108 »

Hey guys. I'm making a Sun Rune print in my printmaking class. If anyone is interested, check this: http://suikoden.us/images/runes/sunrune.jpg out. It's not finished, and it's on bad paper. I'll post updates soon. Maybe I'll even give a few prints away.
Millie

Post by Millie »

Looks very cool jowy 108 :wink:
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I agree. It was confusing and somewhat frustrating on how Konmai had set Suikoden IV way before the other series. Hopefully, this WILL be set after Suikoden III...maybe Chris, Hugo, and GEddoe will make another appearance if that happens.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually it is possible that Ted met up with Neclord, but it is rather unlikely. Neclord, Windy and Yuber were together alot, but they weren't tied at the hip. It is known that Neclord took on various ventures on his own..his involvement with the Marley Family comes to mind and his destruction of Northwindow. And I seriously doubt Yuber stayed in contact with Windy until Yuber was needed.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Depending on when they set the timeline could factor if Neclord appears yet again. Will he appear¿ hopefully not, his days of causing trouble are over (possibly some new vampire introduced.) If he does and the timeline is after Suikoden III, that would mean that yet again, the real Neclord wasn't caught. Seeing how they caught him in Suikoden II, did seem like the final nail in the coffin.
afi

Post by afi »

I think the true sun rune is used to keep vampires away from falena. Why does the rune shine on top of that castle at night. Maybe it also acts like a lighthouse.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

afi wrote:I think the true sun rune is used to keep vampires away from falena.
Why?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, runic vampires such as the ones in the Suikoden World aren't destroyed by the sun. They are simply weakened by it, but that is only a minor annoyance for them. They could easily survive in Falena even if the Sun Rune caused for the palace to shine day and night. And we can clearly see in the screenshot that it does not completely illuminate the whole Queendom as it is clearly night time in that screenshot.
afi

Post by afi »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
afi wrote:I think the true sun rune is used to keep vampires away from falena.
Why?
Vampires appear at night. Sun rune shine on top of castle during the night to keep the vampires away :roll: Is it really the sun rune above the castle? why does it look like a bright square shield? There's no sun rune sign on it either.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

But I don't understand what you're basing this speculation on. For all we know there might not even be any vampires in Falena. You gotta base your speculation on something dude.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The fact is that it wouldn't matter. Vampires don't fear the sun in the Suikoden World. They would just walk in there no matter if the Sun Rune was present or not.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Runic vampires number 1 enemy besides the slayers, is the Star Dragon Sword.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

demon eye wrote:Actually it is possible that Ted met up with Neclord, but it is rather unlikely. Neclord, Windy and Yuber were together alot, but they weren't tied at the hip. It is known that Neclord took on various ventures on his own..his involvement with the Marley Family comes to mind and his destruction of Northwindow. And I seriously doubt Yuber stayed in contact with Windy until Yuber was needed.
You have a point there, but based on Yuber's past actions it seems that he would stay with whoever summoned him until they were in danger of being defeated. Otherwise, I think we'd see a lot more of him going around causing chaos on his own, but we've never seen or heard of an instance of him doing such a thing.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Vampires COULD be in this game, but I doubt it. With the fact that the Sun doesn;t bother them, it wouldn't make sens for them to be in this game, unless there's some kind of power that repels vampires and the Blue Moon Rune. Otherwise, it wouldn't make much sense.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV