True rune

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Also, the results of the Southern Expansion were anything but minor. It resulted in both the establishment of the Island Nations Federation, aswell as a crippling defeat for Kooluk when they not only lost some good men in Troy, Cray and Colton, but also Fort El Eal and a good number of warships.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Doesn't matter what they consider it to be. It matters what history will consider it to be. And the fact is that it was a minor skirmish fueled by the goals of one man. Kooluk was totally manipulated into the war effort by Graham Cray. Even the soldiers and Captains didn't know what they were fighting for. Troy was completely oblivious eventhough he had his doubts. All of them were duped.

There was clearly know real reason for their expansion except for the fact that Graham Cray saw it as an opportunity to invade Razril and Obel to search for the Rune of Punishment. In fact, the lone person from Kooluk that was involved only convinced the King of Kooluk to invade Obel based on the manipulations from Cray. The last thing we heard of from Kooluk was that Troy defeated the Razril Knights a few years back with a single fleet. We cannot even be sure they would have invaded the Island Nations at all.

Clearly the Island Nations were fighting a single man's war and an illusionary war at all. Without Graham Cray's involvement there probably would not have even been a battle at all. And the few altercations that the Island Nations had with Kooluk were brief at best. There was no real take over or major changes of any kind. And Colton wasn't lost. He was still alive. The only person lost was Troy if I recall and that was based on his loyalty to a nation that could be misled by a single man. If Kooluk can be considered crippled by the loss of a single misguided Captain, then they were already too fargone to begin with.

That lends further credence to my beliefs that Kooluk truly wanted no involvement with the Island Nations. But any way you look at it, it was nothing but a minor skirmish. There were no major changes introduced except for the Island Nations coming closer together in the end. Nothing notable happened except for the formation of the Island Federations which is relatively minor since they all were pretty much allied in the first place.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

And Colton wasn't lost. He was still alive.
I didn't mean that he died, but he dissapeared along with Helmut, therefore leaving Kooluk's service.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Neither of them were that important. Helmut defected and Colton was only there to make sure Troy didn't screw up. Can't really say either of them were significant in the grand schem of things.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Meh, Colton was one of the higher-ups in the Expansion. And I guess losing him is worse than well...not losing him.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The thing is that this idea of Expansion keeps coming up and I'm thinking to myself "what expansion??". There was no plans for expansion. It was an illusion created by Graham Cray and told to that little Kooluk Governor in order to get Kooluk to aid him in his search for the Rune of Punishment. Kooluk was just a puppet, masterfully puppeteered by Cray. They had no idea what they were after until it was too late.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Yes, it's true that Cray used Kooluk, but still, if he had gotten his way, Kooluk would have still been expanded down to all of the island nations. So, in a way, it was a win-win situation for both cray and Kooluk, even though Cray woul've destroyed the world.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

There is no evidence that Kooluk would have saught expansion. I don't like trying to speculate on something that is quite uncertain. The facts are that they were pretty quiet for many years and it seemed to me like they were quite comfortable leaving the Island Nations to their own devices. It seems also that Kooluk was experiecing some decline, as well. It seems that they were mostly avoiding conflict with the Island Nations until Graham Cray came along.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

what is that symbol/rune in ~1:48-50 ? looks totally different from the Sun
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

KFCrispy wrote:what is that symbol/rune in ~1:48-50 ? looks totally different from the Sun
Hmm...I don't know what that is, although it may be the Rune of Dawn. It certainly looks like a True Rune.

Note: It appears just before the fireworks explode.
suikofan111

Post by suikofan111 »

woaH!! suikoden v!!! good job konami!

i just watched that movie! it looks awesome!!!

i think that it would be great if this game brought back sum characterz from suikoden 1 and 2!!! hey!!! arent killey and lorelai and georg from falena?!?! :shock: will any of them be in it? and how about viki? jeane? pesmerga?! YUBER?!?! i hope so!!!

and a new true rune! wow!
suikoden rulz =D
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

demon eye wrote:Doesn't matter what they consider it to be. It matters what history will consider it to be. And the fact is that it was a minor skirmish fueled by the goals of one man. Kooluk was totally manipulated into the war effort by Graham Cray. Even the soldiers and Captains didn't know what they were fighting for. Troy was completely oblivious eventhough he had his doubts. All of them were duped.

There was clearly know real reason for their expansion except for the fact that Graham Cray saw it as an opportunity to invade Razril and Obel to search for the Rune of Punishment. In fact, the lone person from Kooluk that was involved only convinced the King of Kooluk to invade Obel based on the manipulations from Cray. The last thing we heard of from Kooluk was that Troy defeated the Razril Knights a few years back with a single fleet. We cannot even be sure they would have invaded the Island Nations at all.

Clearly the Island Nations were fighting a single man's war and an illusionary war at all. Without Graham Cray's involvement there probably would not have even been a battle at all. And the few altercations that the Island Nations had with Kooluk were brief at best. There was no real take over or major changes of any kind. And Colton wasn't lost. He was still alive. The only person lost was Troy if I recall and that was based on his loyalty to a nation that could be misled by a single man. If Kooluk can be considered crippled by the loss of a single misguided Captain, then they were already too fargone to begin with.

That lends further credence to my beliefs that Kooluk truly wanted no involvement with the Island Nations. But any way you look at it, it was nothing but a minor skirmish. There were no major changes introduced except for the Island Nations coming closer together in the end. Nothing notable happened except for the formation of the Island Federations which is relatively minor since they all were pretty much allied in the first place.

I dont think that the fhigt for the islands federation was something small even if kooluk was manipulate be cray, they still win the spancion to the souht, has was said before it was many lost for be considerade something small, to the end it was formed the island federation and kooluk disaper in hands of scarlet moon, kooluk was a powerfull contry and dissapier in consequence of theyr lose in that fihtg
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

suikofan111 wrote:woaH!! suikoden v!!! good job konami!

i just watched that movie! it looks awesome!!!

i think that it would be great if this game brought back sum characterz from suikoden 1 and 2!!! hey!!! arent killey and lorelai and georg from falena?!?! :shock: will any of them be in it? and how about viki? jeane? pesmerga?! YUBER?!?! i hope so!!!

and a new true rune! wow!
Georg and Viki have been confirmed to have a part in Suikoden V. The others you mentioned may or may not appear in the game.

There have ben a lot of talk about Georg Prime in this topic, "Suikoden V". Please read before you post.

There has been confirmed to be at least 1 new True Rune, being the True Sun Rune, and the True Dawn Rune, but people have speculated it being a part of the True Sun Rune.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Again, there was no "expansion". This was a ruse used by Graham Cray to get Kooluk to invade the Island Nations. Also, Kooluk was not crippled by the Island Nations. If you want to be technical, it was crippled by them foolishly following the suggestions of Cray who had no interest in their country at all. Besides, they already appeared to be in decline. Also, the creation of the Island Federations was very small deal. It was an inevitable step due to their close proximity in the first place. There was already a pseudo federation to begin with. It was asmall skirmish with relatively small changes in the grand scheme of things.

And the cross-like True Rune appears to be the Rune of Dawn. There is speculation about a long lost True Rune that is native to Falena as a treasure. Georg has really only been the only visible returning character that can clearly be confirmed, although Lorelai has sort of been spotted. There are also confirmations that Viki is present, as well. But, I have yet to see her in any of the trailers.
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

demon eye wrote:Again, there was no "expansion". This was a ruse used by Graham Cray to get Kooluk to invade the Island Nations. Also, Kooluk was not crippled by the Island Nations. If you want to be technical, it was crippled by them foolishly following the suggestions of Cray who had no interest in their country at all. Besides, they already appeared to be in decline. Also, the creation of the Island Federations was very small deal. It was an inevitable step due to their close proximity in the first place. There was already a pseudo federation to begin with. It was asmall skirmish with relatively small changes in the grand scheme of things.
I alredy now the way how he manipulate kooluk, but that dosnt mind that kooluk dont win anything helping cray, you can see how they invade Razril and obel of course cray only was looking for the rune but kooluk also take the control of thats two islands if you watch well they do have a expansion because they declarade obel and razril theyr territori even if cray dont care for anything kooluk the two of then win, cray have recurse from kooluk in is persecution of the rune and kooluk could win more territori