Suikoden 5's Story

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Michael Easton

Suikoden 5's Story

Post by Michael Easton »

I've checked through the previous topics and I'm pretty sure that this hasn't been touched upon yet: Who is writing Suikoden 5? Has it been announced yet? Is it Junko Kawano or someone new?

I ask this because I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me when I say that the S4 storyline was lacking, such as undeveloped/underdeveloped characters and the fact that it was pretty short. The story is one of the reasons (if not the reason) that I play the Suikoden games and if the story isn't handled right then the game may be ruined, for me at least. What does everyone else think?
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

as of right now we dont know...but what is known is that Konami and Hudson are jointly developing the game...we'll prolly find out who the writter, director, producer etc when TGS 2005 come in 2 weeks...they will have a playable demo there and will prolly give out the info as well...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Faust

Post by Faust »

Entirely agree with you Michael. I haven't played Suikoden IV yet due to my analogue port on my PS2 being broken (I found this out after spending forty quid on the damned thing hehe), but underdeveloped characters and formulaic plots to annoy me somewhat.

Suikoden 1's was amazing as it was new and fresh playstationwise, Suikoden 2's added a lot more character depth and even more shades of grey, and the plot of Suikoden 3 was (in my opinion) brilliant after actually playing the game rather than reading about it. It is for this reason that I'm going to get the port fixed and bloody play it.

I'm sure it'll be golden when I sit down to it as I've not been disappointed yet hehe.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
CrimsonKilley

Post by CrimsonKilley »

Both Junko Kuwano and Murayama are both good writers, no doubt about it. But Murayama's Suikoden 2 story is better than the other 3 games. He made friendship, betrayal, innocence & hunger for power to appear in a very passionate way. The tactics are more empasized compare to the other Suikoden games. When Shu talks about his plan, it feels like that you are really making your way to own the battle. His tactics were more detailed and geniusly crafted which other Suikoden games failed to continue.
Faust

Post by Faust »

Tactically I see your point, but you musn't forget that Suikoden 3's plot was pretty much entirely written by the writers, whereas the first two games borrow excessively heavilly from historical events. It, to me, seemed like a suped-up version of the first game, with a quite similar plot (albeit the mixing in of more Eastern history rather than the European influence of Suikoden 1).

Tactically I didn't like the Epic Battles in Suikoden 3 as they seemed there only for the purpose of advancing the plot, seemed put in there justr for the sake of them and weren't really as different a mode as the first two games presented them.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
KoyuRedd

Re: Suikoden 5's Story

Post by KoyuRedd »

Michael Easton wrote:I've checked through the previous topics and I'm pretty sure that this hasn't been touched upon yet: Who is writing Suikoden 5? Has it been announced yet? Is it Junko Kawano or someone new?
Back to the original question.

We'll know after the TGS. We'll just have to wait one whole fortnight... :shock:
[evil laugh here]